Why Prophet Abraham

selfsame
-1
#1
Once I saw an English man, specialized in Islamic studies; he asked me: "Why is Prophet Abraham so important?"
I said: "He was their father: the father of the Israelites: the seed of Isaac, and the father of the Arab the descendants of Ishmael the older son of Abraham.
And Abraham was against the idolatry."

Prophet Abraham was a hero: he was one of the Shia or the devoted enthusiastic of Noah, then he was guided to know God the Creator the One: the Lord of the heavens and the earth.
Then he broke up the idols of his people in the well-known story.

Then when Prophet Mohammed was sent, God commanded him to follow the creed of Abraham who was a monotheist: devoted to God alone, and was neither a Jew nor yet a Christian, because he was before the revealing of the Torah of Moses, as was he before the revealing of the Gospel of Jesus.

Quran 16: 123, which means:
{Then We revealed to you [Mohammed]: "Follow the religion of Abraham, the Hanief [: the monotheist], who was never one of the associaters."}

The interpretation is by the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible: Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Disclaimer:

THE PROPAGANDA ABOVE DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE CANADIAN CONTENT MEMBERSHIP.

THE FLAGELLATING NONSENSE YOU ARE SEEING HERE IS THE OPINION OF SOME KOOK WHO IS NOT CANADIAN, REPEAT NOT CANADIAN .

HE IS, IN FACT, SOME SMUCK WHO IS FOUR GOATS SHORT OF A HERD.

Reader discretion is advised.
 
Ludlow
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

Once I saw an English man, specialized in Islamic studies; he asked me: "Why is Prophet Abraham so important?"
I said: "He was their father: the father of the Israelites: the seed of Isaac, and the father of the Arab the descendants of Ishmael the older son of Abraham.
And Abraham was against the idolatry."

Prophet Abraham was a hero: he was one of the Shia or the devoted enthusiastic of Noah, then he was guided to know God the Creator the One: the Lord of the heavens and the earth.
Then he broke up the idols of his people in the well-known story.

Then when Prophet Mohammed was sent, God commanded him to follow the creed of Abraham who was a monotheist: devoted to God alone, and was neither a Jew nor yet a Christian, because he was before the revealing of the Torah of Moses, as was he before the revealing of the Gospel of Jesus.

Quran 16: 123, which means:
{Then We revealed to you [Mohammed]: "Follow the religion of Abraham, the Hanief [: the monotheist], who was never one of the associaters."}

The interpretation is by the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible: Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

The man told the king that his wife was his sister to save his own azz. He can be your hero, I'll choose someone else.
 
Cliffy
+2
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Disclaimer:

THE PROPAGANDA ABOVE DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE CANADIAN CONTENT MEMBERSHIP.

THE FLAGELLATING NONSENSE YOU ARE SEEING HERE IS THE OPINION OF SOME KOOK WHO IS NOT CANADIAN, REPEAT NOT CANADIAN .

HE IS IN FACT SOME SMUCK WHO IS FOUR GOATS SHORT OF A HERD>

Reader discretion is advised.

Schmuck, not smuck. And you a writer. I am appalled.
 
Ludlow
#5
Incidentally selfstench aren't you suppose to call the man Ibraham? I thought Arabs called the man Ibraham not Abraham.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Schmuck, not smuck. And you a writer. I am appalled.

You say Potato I say Putatto.

Disclaimer: Shmuck, not smuck.
 
Ludlow
#7
Yes there's no excuse for that kind of grammatical bastardization.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#8
Oops: Schmuck.

It doesn't come up a lot in horror stories.
 
selfsame
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Disclaimer:

THE PROPAGANDA ABOVE DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE CANADIAN CONTENT MEMBERSHIP.

THE FLAGELLATING NONSENSE YOU ARE SEEING HERE IS THE OPINION OF SOME KOOK WHO IS NOT CANADIAN, REPEAT NOT CANADIAN .

HE IS, IN FACT, SOME SMUCK WHO IS FOUR GOATS SHORT OF A HERD.

Reader discretion is advised.

Croaking of a frog
 
Ludlow
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

Croaking of a frog

I would like to thank you for showing up this morning Selfstump we've been running thin on dumbazzes this morning , not much material to respond to.
 
selfsame
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

The man told the king that his wife was his sister to save his own azz. He can be your hero, I'll choose someone else.

This was only a fabrication: a lie of Ezra son of Siraeh, in his Torah which he wrote following their return from the captivity of Babylon.

See the book The Disagreement of the Quran with the Hebrew Bible (or the Conflict Between the Torah and the Quran), then from the list of Contents, click on: Another Lie: About Abraham

The Disagreement of the
 
Cliffy
#12
Hey, can anyone explain how Abraham, a Sumerian, became the first Jew by cutting off his foreskin? Seems to me that he was just the first Sumerian to cut off his foreskin. Probably used a stone knife... Ouch!
 
darkbeaver
#13
Christian interpretation has merely shuffled along in the darkness without a light. "Like the streams in the circle of heaven I besprinkle the seeds of men," runs a text in the Records of the Past (Vol. III, 129).

The angels in Revelation pour out the contents of their censers over the earth, granting a nucleus of solar "fire" to each mortal to divinize him. As the Timaeus of Plato reports, the deity was to furnish the collective seed of what was to be immortal in humanity.
In Old Testament allegorism the doctrine is found most unexpectedly to be the core of meaning in the Abraham story. Like the Prodigal
112
Son of the New Testament he was sent out from his home, country and kinsfolk (in the heavenly Eden) to go to a strange land (incidentally to the West, where was the Tuat, or gate of entry to the earth!). There his seed was to multiply until it filled the earth with his children, the heirs of supernal grace.



But the hidden sense of the name Abraham or Abram has escaped notice, and it is of great moment, as are all Bible names. Scholars may protest, but it seems obvious that the word is simply A-Brahm, (Hindu), meaning "non-Brahm." Abraham, the Patriarch or oldest of the aeons or emanations, was not Brahm, the Absolute, but the first emanation from Brahm; the first ray, the first God, perhaps equivalent to Ishwara of the Hindus.

He was the first life that was not Absolute, yet from the Absolute. He was to go forth into the realms of matter, divide and multiply, and fill the world with his fragmented units. To return to Abraham’s bosom would be just to complete the cycle of outgoing and return, to rest in the bosom of the highest divinity close to the Absolute. Also he came out of Ur, of the Chaldees (or Kasadim), which is another key word, since Ur is the Chaldean word for "fire," the celestial empyrean, out of which all souls, as fiery sparks, are emanated. Kasadim, or Kasdim, was a term given to the highest celestial spirits, who fathered the production of the divine sparks of soul. It is practically equivalent to "Archangels."http://pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm
 
Ludlow
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

This was only a fabrication: a lie of Ezra son of Siraeh, in his Torah which he wrote following their return from the captivity of Babylon.

See the book The Disagreement of the Quran with the Hebrew Bible (or the Conflict Between the Torah and the Quran), then from the list of Contents, click on: Another Lie: About Abraham

The Disagreement of the

Oh I see. If it is something written about the guy that does not agree with your superior knowledge, which you are borrowing from Judaism anyway, then it is a lie of Ezra,,who incidentally had nothing to do with the writings of the Torah to begin with. Okie dokie. But hey,,,why did Ibraham,,or Abraham as you call him.,,,why did he tear up his daddy's store and then hit the road?

You're full of it Selfstump. Just sayin .
 
damngrumpy
+1
#15
Everybody love Abraham he is the father of Muslims, Jews and Christians
so all this fighting over religion and how it should be is really the longest
family feud in history and children's expense. Its time the Israelis put down
their guns, Its time the Muslims grew up and entered the modern world
and its time for the Christians to understand they are not the only true light
in the universe except in their own mind.
Jesus was a Jew and he did not want to start a new religion he wanted to
reform Judaism much like Martin Luther wanted to reform the Christian
identity and end years of nonsense that had built up with time.
It is time the leaders got together and solved the issue.
The ancient texts are written as symbolism not to be taken in all terms
literally. If that were truly the case many were either on drugs or completely
nut in the context of religious fervor. and I suspect bother were at play
 
Ludlow
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

Everybody love Abraham he is the father of Muslims, Jews and Christians
so all this fighting over religion and how it should be is really the longest
family feud in history and children's expense. Its time the Israelis put down
their guns, Its time the Muslims grew up and entered the modern world
and its time for the Christians to understand they are not the only true light
in the universe except in their own mind.
Jesus was a Jew and he did not want to start a new religion he wanted to
reform Judaism much like Martin Luther wanted to reform the Christian
identity and end years of nonsense that had built up with time.
It is time the leaders got together and solved the issue.
The ancient texts are written as symbolism not to be taken in all terms
literally. If that were truly the case many were either on drugs or completely
nut in the context of religious fervor. and I suspect bother were at play

Luther wasn't such a prince of a guy either.
 
selfsame
#17
So Abraham was in error at the start, then he was guided.
He saw his people worshiping the idols and statues which they themselves made, so he refused the idols, then he started to search about his Lord.
His people worshiped the sun, the moon and the stars and the planets of the sky, specially Planet Venus or the morning star as they called it.
So he saw the planet Venus, and said: This is my Lord, then when it set, he said: The god should not be absent from his creation. Then he saw the moon shining, he said: this is my Lord, then also the moon set, and he said: It can't be my Lord who should not be absent. Then he thought to ask his Lord to acquaint him about Himself.
Then he saw the sun rising, and he said: This is my Lord, and when it set; he said: I am quit of all such gods.
God sent him His angel: Gabriel who said: God is Glorified and Magnified by us; He is Lord of angels and the rouh: [Gabriel and his likes]; Abraham said: God is our Lord and the Lord of the angels and the rouh.

The story of Abraham's guidance, as in the Quran 6: 74- 83, which mean:
{ 74. And [tell them] when Abraham a said to his father Azar [in Arabic, which is the same Thare in Hebrew] b : "Do you take idols for gods c ? Surely, I see you and your people in manifest error d ."

75. e Thus did We show to Abraham [Our vast] kingdom of the heavens [: the planets] and the earth f ; so that he might be of those having sure belief g.

76. And when the night outspread over him, he saw a planet [: Venus h ]; he said: "This is my Lord." But when the [planet] set, [Abraham] said: "I love not the setters."

77. When he saw the moon shining [in the sky], he said: "This is my Lord." But when it set, [Abraham] said: "If my Lord does not guide me [to my wisdom], I shall surely be of the people gone astray [from the correct way.]"

78. Then when he saw the sun shining [in the east], he said: "This is my Lord; this is greater [than the moon and the planets.]"
But when the [sun] set, he said: "My people, surely I quit myself of [all the idols] that you associate [with God.]"


79. "I have turned my face to Him, Who split the heavens [: the planets] and the earth i ;
I am being a Hanief [: a monotheist], and not of those that associate [partners with God.]"
j

80. His people wrangled with him. k
[Abraham] said: "Do you dispute with me concerning God, when He has guided me? l
I fear not of that which you associate with Him m , except that my Lord wills anything n . My Lord comprehends all things in His knowledge o ,
will you not then be admonished [and abandon worshipping the idols]?


81. "Why should I fear the [idols] that you associate [with God, when they are merely engraved stones which neither profit nor harm],
the while you fear [Him
p ] not: because you associate with God [the idols, to] which He has not sent down on you any 'heavenly commandment' q ?
So which of the two parties [: you or I] will be more worthy of security [in the Next Life], if you have knowledge [of the final consequences]?"

[Then God – be glorified – confirmed the words of Abraham that security is for believers not for associaters and idolaters:]
82. Those who believe [in God and His messengers], and do not confound their belief with a wrong-doing [of association r ] – such will have the sure security [from the chastisement in the Next Life]; they are guided [to the way of the truth.]

83. This [argument of Abraham] is Our evident argument which We gave to Abraham s [to argue with] against his people; We raise in ranks t whom [of believers] We like; your Lord is Most Wise u , All-Knowing [of whoever deserves wisdom, so He raises his rank with it.]}
.................................................. ........

a i.e. Mention to them the story of Abraham in order to contemplate it and ponder about it as did Abraham think, so he was guided to the correct way.

b Which means: 'he aided his father'; because his father had no son, then when Abraham was born, they said:Thare, i.e. 'he aided his father'.

c To worship them apart from God.

d Far away from the truth.

e It means: As did We let Abraham realize the mistake of his father, thus did We show to him …

f i.e. We showed him Our tremendous kingdom of the planets including the earth, in order to think and reason.

g About the signs of God and His might.

h Because the planet Venus is the first of the stars of the sky to appear at night.

i Who split them into nine planets, after being one object; which has been interpreted in the aya 14 in this soora.

j That is because when Abraham grew up and attained adulthood, he saw his people worship the idols, he disliked that because of being stones that could not do any profit or harm.
So he started to think and look to the sky, that he might find his Creator to worship Him.
He directed his sight to the sky, because they said to him: There is One God in heaven, and many gods on earth; so when he did not like the gods of the earth, he started to look at the sky and observe its objects, but when he saw them disappear from sight, he said to himself: The attributes of God should be lasting and should not change, and God should always be present and should not disappear or set.
Then it came to his mind that he has better to ask his Creator to guide him to Himself; so that he may know and worship Him.
So he said: "If my Lord does not guide me [to my wisdom], I shall surely be of the people gone astray [from the correct way.]"
Therefore, God sent him Gabriel who said to him:
(God is the 'Glorified', the 'Sanctified' [by angels], Lord of angels and the Spirit.)
So Abraham at that time, discerned his guidance and wisdom, and said:
("I have turned my face to Him, Who split the heavens [: the planets] and the earth;
I am being a Hanief [: a monotheist], and not of those that associate [partners with God.]")

k Concerning their idols and warned him of evil that might befall him should he abandon worshipping them.

l To the way of the truth, by means of the inspiration, revelation, rational proofs and cosmic signs.

m If I break them up. It means: I do neither fear of the idols nor do I fear of you that you may kill, imprison or beat me.

n For some purpose that I don't know.

o Because God knows more than I and you do about the consequences of affairs; so if He likes that I should be killed or imprisoned by you, then I don't object to that.

p i.e. God Who is your Creator and Provider, in Whose hand is your death and life.

q i.e. God did not reveal any commandment to worship the idols, neither did He reveal any book or declaration in which He might command you to worship them, but in fact He commanded you to worship Him alone, and that you should not associate with Him anyone of His creatures.

r i.e. they do not mix their belief with association; like the saying of Loqman [Tobias] to his son, as in the Quran 31: 13, which means:
("My son, associate none with God; for, surely, the association [with God] is a tremendous wrong.")

s i.e. which We taught to Abraham by means of inspiration and revelation.

t By knowledge and wisdom.

u With His acts.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
 
Ludlow
#18
That's a lot of words. Looks good but, don't mean much. I'm sure everyone took the time to read all that stuff.
 
selfsame
#19
Mohammed also was in error at the start, then he was guided.
This is in the Quran 93: 6-8, which mean:
6. Did He not find you [Mohammed] an orphan, and shelter you a?

7. Did He not find you astray [from the religion], and guide you? b

8. Did He not know [that] you were ‘poor and responsible about a family’, and enrich you [by trading and by the wealth of your wife Khadieja]?
.................................................. .....

a It means: He gave you shelter with your grandfather Abdul-muttalib, then when he died, He gave you shelter with your uncle Abu Talib.

b To His religion by revelation and inspiration.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Hey, can anyone explain how Abraham, a Sumerian, became the first Jew by cutting off his foreskin? Seems to me that he was just the first Sumerian to cut off his foreskin. Probably used a stone knife... Ouch!

Is everyone having his foreskin cut off; is he a Jew?

While the Torah was revealed a long time after Abraham, and then Judaism appeared.

So Abraham was before the Judaism and before the Christianity; therefore God commanded Mohammed to follow the origin: Abraham who was before the Judaism and Christianity, so as to be safe of their distortions; and Abraham was against the idolatry and he submitted himself to God alone without associate.
 
Cliffy
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

So Abraham was before the Judaism and before the Christianity; therefore God commanded Mohammed to follow the origin: Abraham who was before the Judaism and Christianity, so as to be safe of their distortions; and Abraham was against the idolatry and he submitted himself to God alone without associate.

Do you ever get tired of writing that all out all the time. I think we get that is what you believe but nobody else believes that sh!t, so why don't you stop it for god sake.
 
selfsame
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

Everybody love Abraham he is the father of Muslims, Jews and Christians
so all this fighting over religion and how it should be is really the longest
family feud in history and children's expense. Its time the Israelis put down
their guns, Its time the Muslims grew up and entered the modern world
and its time for the Christians to understand they are not the only true light
in the universe except in their own mind.
Jesus was a Jew and he did not want to start a new religion he wanted to
reform Judaism much like Martin Luther wanted to reform the Christian
identity and end years of nonsense that had built up with time.
It is time the leaders got together and solved the issue.
The ancient texts are written as symbolism not to be taken in all terms
literally. If that were truly the case many were either on drugs or completely
nut in the context of religious fervor. and I suspect bother were at play

Quran 5: 86, which means:
Say: "People of the Bible, you rest on no [sound religion] until you 'correct and observe' the Torah and the Gospel a and [the rules and duties in the original Torah and the original Gospel b ] that were revealed to you from your Lord."
But [their dispraise
c ] that has been revealed to you [Mohammed, in the Quran] from your Lord will surely increase much many of them in arrogance d and unbelief e ; so grieve not for a people who are unbelievers [neither in the Quran, nor in you.]
.................................................. ....

a i.e. until Jews correct the Torah, and Christians correct the Gospel; i.e. to correct what they changed and altered in both of the Torah and the Gospel.

b Including the belief in the Seal of prophets: Mohammed, son of Abdullah.

c And the correction of their mistakes.

d About you.

e In your Book.

================================================== =============

Abraham was neither a Jew nor yet a Christian

Quran 3: 65, which means:

[The Jewish priests and the Christians of Najran came to God’s messenger, and disputed concerning Abraham; the Jews said: he was a Jew, and the Christians said: he was a Christian; therefore, God revealed this aya:]

65. People of the Bible a , why do you dispute about Abraham [claiming he belonged to your religion], when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed but only [a long time] after him b ? Don't you realize c ?
.................................................. .........

a i.e. Jews and Christians.

b And after revealing the Torah and the Gospel, the Judaism and Christianity appeared.

c The falsehood of your words.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
 
Ludlow
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Do you ever get tired of writing that all out all the time. I think we get that is what you believe but nobody else believes that sh!t, so why don't you stop it for god sake.

difficult to get the attention on an inanimate object
 
DaSleeper
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Oops: Schmuck.

It doesn't come up a lot in horror stories.

You shouldn't apologise .. As far as I'm concerned you used the right word in Selfsame's case an Arab muslim.

Look up Smuck, a Jewish term

Urban Dictionary: smuck
 
Ludlow
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

difficult to get the attention on an inanimate object

Robots only transmit not much in the way of reception
 
Curious Cdn
#25
ABRAHAM!!!

How are the profits, this month?
 
damngrumpy
#26
If God sent all these prophets and leaders how could any of them be in error?
Was God then in error for sending the wrong guy?
Abrahan was in the realm of the Jewish world no doubt in my mind at all.
Nice to have a competing book full of all kinds of nonsense to point out the
errors. I would believe Alice and Wonderland or Peter Pan before any of this
stuff
 
Ludlow
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

If God sent all these prophets and leaders how could any of them be in error?
Was God then in error for sending the wrong guy?
Abrahan was in the realm of the Jewish world no doubt in my mind at all.
Nice to have a competing book full of all kinds of nonsense to point out the
errors. I would believe Alice and Wonderland or Peter Pan before any of this
stuff

Abraham was not Jewish. He was from the City Ur . It is said that from him came Issac. Then from Issac came Jacob who had twelve sons who were the twelve tribes of Is ra el. This was all written down more than likely from those who were in captivity in Babylon. Whether it is true or not remains to be seen, If these writings are taken literally, then you may as well read a book of fables. But in a figurative sense, there may be things to be learned that may surprise you. You just never really know.
 
selfsame
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

If God sent all these prophets and leaders how could any of them be in error?
Was God then in error for sending the wrong guy?

Damngrumpy, who said God sent the prophets in error?

They had been in the error of the idolatry, just like their peoples; and that was before sending them as apostles.
But later, He guided them and sent them to people with His message.
God is All-Knowing and He knows best whom He chooses for the prophecy and apostle-hood.

So I gave you the example of Abraham who had been like his people: the Shia or devotees of Noah. Then God guided him and sent him to his people.
The second example is Mohammed, who came out of idolatrous people, then God guided him, to the 'exclusive devotion to God alone.'
BTW, the Mahdi, also was in the error of the enthusiasm about imams, then God guided him to know the 'exclusive devotion to God alone' and to warn his people.
And in a hadith or tradition: The Mahdi: God reforms him in a night.
================================================== ============

Abraham and his people:

Quran 21: 51-58, which mean
{ 51. We gave to Abraham, aforetime, his right guidance a, and We were All-Knowing about him b.

52. When he said to his father and his people: "What are such statues that you are cleaving c to?"

53. They said: "We found our fathers worshipping them [and so we too worshipped them."

54. [Abraham] said: "Then obviously you and your fathers have been in manifest error [away from the truth.]

55. They said, "Are you telling us the truth, or are you kidding?"

56. [Abraham] said: "No, but your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, Who split d them up [making them nine planets after being one earth], and I am one of those giving witness to it e ."

57. And [Abraham swore secretly:] “By God! I have a plan against [you, to break up] your statues [: idols] f after you have gone away [to your festival], turning your backs [to the idols.]" g

58. So he broke them into fragments, all but a big one among them h , that they might refer [their questions] to it. i}
.................................................. ..............

a It means: We showed him some of Our signs and might, in order to guide him to the truth, so that he would be firm in his belief, and then the words of the associaters would not make him waver.

b When he looked to the sky and the celestial objects, searching about his Creator, so We gave to him his right guidance and guided him to his purpose.

c i.e. constant in worshipping them.

d The meaning of the ‘splitting’ has been explained in the interpretation of the Quran 6: 14.

e i.e. one of those who saw His might and some of His signs, and so I have become certain that there is no god in the universe but He alone.
In this respect, He points out to His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 6: 75, which means:
(Thus did We show to Abraham [Our vast] kingdom of the heavens [: the planets] and the earth; so that he might be of those having sure belief.)

f He said this to himself secretly.

g So when they intended to go to the place of their playing and racing, they said: “Abraham, wouldn’t you come out with us?”
But he looked a glance at the stars [as they used to do.] Then said: "I am sick. So I cannot go with you."
So they left him and went away, and when he found an opportunity to break up their idols, he came to the statues carrying by his hand a dish with food, which he gave to them and said: "Would you eat [of this food]!?" But of course, the idols did not answer him, so he said: "What ails you that you are not speaking!?"
Then he took the axe and turned, beating the idols with [the axe by his] right hand.

h It means: except a big idol which he did not break up, and he hanged the axe on its neck.

i i.e. that haply they might refer to the big one and ask it, and because it does not speak, therefore, they will realize their ignorance for that they take it as a god.
Then when they returned from their feast, they found their idols broken up.

Quran 21: 59-65, which mean:
{ 59. They said: "Who has done this to our gods? Surely he is one of the wrong-doers!"

60. They said [to each other]: "We heard a young man, called Abraham, mention them with evil."

61. They said: "Then bring him before the eyes of the people, that they may bear witness [against him and concerning his bad words about the idols. So they went to Abraham.]"

62. They said: " Is it you, O Abraham, who have done this to our gods?"

63. [Abraham] said: "No, but this one: their chief, has done it a . So question them [about the doer], if they can speak. b

64. So they turned to [blame] themselves and said [to each other]: "Surely, it is you who are the wrong-doers [because you worship these idols besides God.]"

65. Then they reverted to their old ideas [and to their disbelief c , and said:] "You know very well that these [idols] cannot speak d ."}
.................................................. ........

a Out of rage, so that you should not worship these small ones, while it is bigger than they are.

b Therefore, Abraham ascribed the act to the big one, in order to let them realize that: if it does not agree about associating other idols with it, then how will God the Creator of all creatures agree about it?

c i.e. they changed their mind, and reverted to their doctrines and to their disbelief.

d Therefore, how do you order us to ask them?


Quran: 66-70, which mean:
66. [Abraham] said, "Do you then worship, besides God, that which can neither be of any good to you a , nor do you harm b ?”

67. "Fie upon you and that you serve instead of God, wouldn't you, then, understand c !?"

68. They said [to each other]: "Burn him [with fire] and defend your gods, if you should do [what we say to you.]" d

69. We said: "O fire, be coldness and [a means of] safety for Abraham." e

70. Then they sought to plot against him f , so We made them the greater losers g .
.................................................. .....

a whatever you may worship them.

b If you forsake their worship.

c And abandon worshipping the idols.
So when they heard such words from him …

d So they collected firewood for one month and burned fire with it, and threw Abraham in the fire with the catapult.

e So he came out of the fire three days later, safe and without being burned, and they were astonished of his safety.

f So as to kill him, and that was after his getting out of the fire.

g By terminating them with the plague, so they lost both the life of the World and the Next Life.


The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
Last edited by selfsame; Jan 6th, 2016 at 03:43 PM..
 
Ludlow
#29
No one cares selfslime.
 
DaSleeper
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

No one cares selfslime.

It's part of his "Tawba" to post quran verse after quran verse that nobody reads or gives a shyte about!


He's like Blackleaf with his briddish chest pounding posts......
 

Similar Threads

3
Abraham
by darkbeaver | Oct 25th, 2012
27
This was Abraham Lincoln???
by #juan | Dec 16th, 2008
4
The Abraham Lincoln Brigade
by darkbeaver | Mar 17th, 2008