Purpose of Existance


JLM
+1
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

What do you feel is the purpose of your existence?


Hopefully to leave the world I bit better than I found it and to help my fellow "travelers" along the way and try to provide a little humour.
 
darkbeaver
+1
#32
When you leave it will be better.
 
Locutus
+1
#33
Motherlode - When I Die - YouTube

When I die I hope to be
A better man than you thought I'd be

It's been hard to make you see
What kind of man I'm tryin' to be

All I ask for you to try
To understand what it means to me

It's not hard to understand why you
Get discouraged all the time
I keep tryin' not to worry, but I
Can't help feelin' lost in you

But I lo--o--o--o--ove you
Love you
And I need you

Time goes by and you'll find
That we'll achieve a love sublime

When I die I hope to be
A better man than you thought I'd be

It's not hard to understand why you
Get discouraged all the time
I keep tryin' not to worry, but I
Can't help feelin' lost in you

'Cause I love you and I want you
'Cause I got to, got to have you
'Cause I, 'cause I need you

When I die I hope to be
A better man than you thought I'd be

Be (the kind of man that you thought I'd)...
 
BaalsTears
+2
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

What do you feel is the purpose of your existence?

Imo there is no specific objective purpose in life for self aware lifeforms. I think human life is the fusion of consciousness with sensation in search of subjective meaning. I also believe that the creation of life is the result of the random confluence of favorable conditions within the context of a given time and space.
 
taxslave
+2
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by cj44 View Post

To worship the LIVING God.

Well thank you.
 
Kreskin
+1
#36
Mine is to promote honesty, modesty and be God's gift to women.
 
talloola
+3
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Mine is to promote honesty, modesty and be God's gift to women.

and hows that all going so far!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
JLM
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

and hows that all going so far!!!!!!!!!!!!


You're funny, Talloola! -
 
Kreskin
+1
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

and hows that all going so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bit of a challenge.
 
Cliffy
+5
#40
 
spaminator
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

RCS still writes.

he is always write .

Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

You mean this one?

I think his nickname is hedgehog. what is seen can't be unseen.
 
Praxius
+3
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

What do you feel is the purpose of your existence?

I answered this question a few years back with a very long winded, detailed 2-3 posts.... But because I'm old and don't have much time:

To watch Star Trek and do what they do.... Except with the occasional bathroom break.
http://youtu.be/kBwoEXlTph0
Last edited by Praxius; Apr 11th, 2014 at 04:18 AM..
 
Blackleaf
+1
#43
To drink copious amounts of Fosters; eat copious amounts of Full Englishes; and watch copious amounts of Pointless.
 
55Mercury
#44
The Game of Love - Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders - YouTube
 
Twila
+1
#45
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTears View Post

Imo there is no specific objective purpose in life for self aware lifeforms. I think human life is the fusion of consciousness with sensation in search of subjective meaning. I also believe that the creation of life is the result of the random confluence of favorable conditions within the context of a given time and space.

Beautifully said. I feel the same but could never have articulated as well as you have.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

To drink copious amounts of Fosters; eat copious amounts of Full Englishes; and watch copious amounts of Pointless.

I was going to type "what's Pointless" but thought that just might cause a huge flap of responses!

So, is Pointless as British sitcom? If so can you tell me what "station" has it? BBC, Ch.4? I do very much like British comedies.
 
petros
#46
Life is just a parasite that devours dead stars. Our only purpose is to consume.
 
cj44
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Life is just a parasite that devours dead stars. Our only purpose is to consume.

Must we believe your nightmares?
 
55Mercury
+1
#48
Quote: Originally Posted by cj44 View Post

Must we believe your nightmares?

lol

believe what you want

you're still consuming

*cue Twilight Zone score*
 
petros
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by cj44 View Post

Must we believe your nightmares?

We don't live on a piece of dead star? Why does life give off photons if we aren't consumers of dead stars?
 
SLM
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Life is just a parasite that devours dead stars. Our only purpose is to consume.

In which case we might as well order the Surf & Turf then.
 
petros
+2
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

In which case we might as well order the Surf & Turf then.

I'll kill it, you cook it. Deal?
 
Twila
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Life is just a parasite that devours dead stars. Our only purpose is to consume.

purpose or just current activity?
 
Cliffy
#53
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Life is just a parasite that devours dead stars. Our only purpose is to consume.

Just what the machine ordered: mindless consumer bots.
 
Twila
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Just what the machine ordered: mindless consumer bots.


my first thought when reading his post was of The Human Centipede.
 
Locutus
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

my first thought when reading his post was of The Human Centipede.

 
Twila
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Yeah, my brain recoiled in horror too.
 
Count_Lothian
#57
To exist.
 
petros
#58
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

purpose or just current activity?

If you stop doing it you have no existence. Whst is the purpose of a porpoise? It does nothing consume and are allegedly the brainiacs of the seas.
 
Count_Lothian
+1
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

If you stop doing it you have no existence. Whst is the purpose of a porpoise? It does nothing consume and are allegedly the brainiacs of the seas.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I'll kill it, you cook it. Deal?

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

We don't live on a piece of dead star? Why does life give off photons if we aren't consumers of dead stars?

So , are you dieting or something?
 
SLM
#60
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I'll kill it, you cook it. Deal?

You had me at "I'll kill it". Lol.
 

Similar Threads

54
What Purpose Does It Serve?
by SLM | Dec 5th, 2013
41
What is your purpose for posting?
by ansutherland | Jul 19th, 2010
9
What is the purpose of Twitter?
by unclepercy | Apr 27th, 2009
7
The Purpose of Pain
by karrie | Mar 28th, 2008
82
Purpose Of Life
by china | Aug 30th, 2007