Robbed. Robbed I tells ya.

petros
+4
#1  Top Rated Post
Did you grocery shop this weekend? Did you buy a 4L jug of milk?

If you did you didn't get 4L. You got 3.7L

Just a little discovery I made today while mixing chainsaw gas assuming a 4L milk jug was 4L. I decided to mix it by the L using a Kimax 1L lab cylinder. I ended up short on the 4th pour.

Try it yourself.

Off to Tony Merchant I go tomorrow to start a class action.

You're welcome.

taxslave
+3
You never heard the term"buyer beware"?

Mowich
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Did you grocery shop this weekend? Did you buy a 4L jug of milk?

If you did you didn't get 4L. You got 3.7L

Just a little discovery I made today while mixing chainsaw gas assuming a 4L milk jug was 4L. I decided to mix it by the L using a Kimax 1L lab cylinder. I ended up short on the 4th pour.

Try it yourself.

Off to Tony Merchant I go tomorrow to start a class action.

You're welcome.

I bought a bag of potato chips the other day only to find upon opening them that 3/4's of the bag was air and to make matters worse - a lot of the chips had been smashed to pieces. Ah well, I can use them for coating my chicken breasts so it ain't all bad.

bill barilko
This hold four (4) litres of liquid I checked twice.
Attached Images
20191111_124753[1].jpg (645.2 KB, 4 views )

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I bought a bag of potato chips the other day only to find upon opening them that 3/4's of the bag was air and to make matters worse - a lot of the chips had been smashed to pieces. Ah well, I can use them for coating my chicken breasts so it ain't all bad.

Oh, I'm sure your. . . ahem. . . decolletage is nicer than that!

But why the heck would you want to put potato-chip crumbs on them? Is this a Canadian thing?

Twin_Moose
Flavoured bread crumbs works good

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Oh, I'm sure your. . . ahem. . . decolletage is nicer than that!

But why the heck would you want to put potato-chip crumbs on them? Is this a Canadian thing?

AnnaEmber
I've never heard of unflavoured bread crumbs.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Flavoured bread crumbs works good

They do, TM but the potato chips are like a ready made coating - no seasoning needed.

AnnaEmber
+1
lol We buy milk by the gallon. It's raw milk and the dude still uses gallon jugs.

taxslave
+3
I would love some of that but alas I can no longer drink milk, having become lactose intolerant.
Since I can no longer drink milk do you think I could get it banned?Afterall someone might give me some with my cookies and make me sick.

AnnaEmber
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I would love some of that but alas I can no longer drink milk, having become lactose intolerant.
Since I can no longer drink milk do you think I could get it banned?Afterall someone might give me some with my cookies and make me sick.

lol I think it's what people put in regular milk (either unintentinally or intentionally) that makes people lactose intolerant. Sort of like peanuts and peanut oil.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

This hold four (4) litres of liquid I checked twice.

Checked with? A baking measuring cup or a proper lab cylinder with the liquid at 20C?

I'll prove it in the next day or two. I have a box of 1000ml cylinders in my storage locker.

Danbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

lol We buy milk by the gallon. It's raw milk and the dude still uses gallon jugs.

Queen Elizabeth drinks her milk raw. She reportedly thinks so highly of unpasteurized milk that, when her grandsons Princes William and Harry were students at Eton, she instructed herdsman Adrian Tomlinson to bottle up raw milk from her Windsor herd and deliver it to them at school.

Canadians, however, are not permitted to emulate their head of state. Raw milk cannot legally be sold in Canada, except into government-authorized "supply management" cartels, where it goes to be pasteurized. Only those who happen to own their own cow can legally consume raw milk.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...rticle1213881/

petros
+3
How much do you want? I contract grow barley for a dairy and can get as much as you want for basically free. I doubt the old bird drinks whole milk though. It's too thick.

Whole cream for coffee and tea beats milk all day long.

spaminator
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

you need binoculars to see the reeses peanut butter cups.

petros
+2
When I was a kid they were 3 times the size.

Canadian Govt pulled a fast one on cigarettes. When they doubled in price from taxes they also dropped from being 1gr to 0.8gr.

At least they will be 20% healthier and still paying for a chunk there/our healthcare.

BC is levying big taxes on vapes over fake news lung issues.

The people who had lung issues were cannabis users buying vapes cut with vitamin D. Nobody has taken ill from nicotine vapes but leave it to the media to spread lies and Govt to scam people.

They are losing too much money to nic vapes so they needed a scare.

$17 a day or $10 a week. Those who switched are healthier and can afford the habit.....until Dipper tax and spend took a heavy hit.

Danbones
Well, if one were to substitute hemp oil for butter in the brownie recipe, there would be no vaping issues.
(assuming one doesn't continue on to make the brownies and just breaks out the vaporizer.)

Oil floats on water too.

Cannuck

Checked with? A baking measuring cup or a proper lab cylinder with the liquid at 20C?

hehehehehehe....

Hoof Hearted
+2
Also,the flavour in the sour cream and onion chips just isn't the same anymore. Back in the day, it was super yummy...now it just tastes like cardboard.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

hehehehehehe....

I see your embarrassed again.

*hugs*

Cannuck
Sorry for triggering you but the lab shit was just too funny.

*hug*

petros
+2
How are mom's RMA meetings coming along?

I'm sorry to crush another lie. I know your embarrassed or you wouldn't have lied.

*bend over*

Cannuck
*hug*

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

hehehehehehe....(lp)!

(Italics, mine)

Nice to see that stutter doesn't show up in all your posts!

petros
Pee Wee Herman of Desert Blume

Cannuck

For those so inclined to believe water temperature is going to make a significant difference in the volume of a 4L jug

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/w...ght-d_661.html

The difference between 4L of water at 4C and boiling is 39 mL or just under 3 tbsp (half a tbsp difference between 4 and 20 C). Don’t go out and buy lab equipment. Be smart. Don’t be a Pete.

petros
+1
Sorry to embarrass you again by killing another lie.

20C is the measuring temp us professionals use in quantitive chemistry and milk isn't water.

Quote:

Some volumetric glassware bears the label "TC 20C" which stands for "to contain at 20C." This means that at 20C, that flask will have precisely the volume listed inside it. If you were to pour out the liquid, you would need to get every drop out of it to have that volume.
Alternatively, some volumetric glassware bears the label "TD 20C" which stands for "to deliver at 20C." This means that at 20C, precisely the volume listed will leave it when the contents are allowed to drain out of the vessel. It is not necessary to get every last drop and, in fact, it is inaccurate to blow the last bit out of a volumetric pipet.

Cannuck
Sorry for triggering you again but 4L of water and 4L of milk is the same volume. You're confused with mass and specific gravity. Either that or you're too stupid to realize you can check the jugs volume with water. Personally I think it's a big helping of both.

Schooled again by a lowly bottle sorter

*hug*

petros
+1
You'd best stick to sorting green from clear and and calling your mom your girlfriend.

Neither specific gravity or mass apply to measuring the volume of milk which is a compound and not just a liquid.

Your reading comprehension is marginal at best. I was measuring naphtha in a milk jug not measuring milk or water.