Trudeau says Canada belongs to Quebec

Locutus
+1 / -1
OTTAWA - In the wake of Liberal MP David McGuinty's anti-Alberta comments this week, a 2010 interview with Liberal leadership hopeful Justin Trudeau raises the issue about whether that attitude is baked into the DNA of the federal Liberal party.

In November 2010, Trudeau told a Quebec television show that he was tired of Albertans running the country and that, whether it was Jean Chretien or Brian Mulroney, Canada is better off when Quebecers are running the country.

"Canada isn't doing well right now because it's Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda. It doesn't work," Trudeau said in French to interviewer Patrick Lagace on the Tele-Quebec program Les francs-tireurs (The Straight Shooters).

lots more

Sun News : EXCLUSIVE: Trudeau says Canada belongs to Quebec

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+4
Yeah, Turdeau 2 is a funny little bugger.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -2
With talk like that Alberta will be having a referendum if it wants to stay in Canada and continue to support the east, and the difference is.. Alberta does not need Canada, Quebec with all it's free give away's does and will never separate because it's a leach of a Province.

I know where my vote will be cast.. screw the east.. "Let the Eastern bastards freeze in the dark" Ralph Klein

Separation Party of Alberta -To ensure the future of Alberta for Albertans by becoming an independent nation separate from Canada.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

With talk like that Alberta will be having a referendum

You really think that AB puts that much importance into what Turdeau 2 says?

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

only if he gets elected in a Liberal leadership race.. not that I follow the Liberals.. did the get a new leader yet??

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation

only if he gets elected in a Liberal leadership race.. not that I follow the Liberals.. did the get a new leader yet??

lol I really don't know if they have or not.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
I find it hilarious that those on the right had no problem when Romney did this but criticize Trudeau while those on the left criticized Romney and will, no doubt, have no problems with Trudeau.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I find it hilarious that those on the right had no problem when Romney did this but criticize Trudeau while those on the left criticized Romney and will, no doubt, have no problems with Trudeau.

Romney said Canada belonged to Quebec?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1

Romney said Canada belonged to Quebec?

No, Romney said one thing to Massachusettsans as a state politician and something completely different to Republicans in the Primary and then backpedaled when he campaigned for President. Politicians always say what their audience want to hear. I just get a kick out of how some people attack the other guy but defend it or ignore it when their guy does it.

china
Conservative
+2
It would be stupid of him to show his face in Alberta .
If 'trudeau' gets elected as the head of the liberals ,Alberta will separate , and the rest of the West will follow.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by china View Post

If 'trudeau' gets elected as the head of the liberals ,Alberta will separate , and the rest of the West will follow.

Would to like to put a wager on that?

relic
Free Thinker
+2
Alberta doesn't need Canada ??!! If all the Canadians left,you'd better learn spainglish,and learning doesn't come easy to you american wannabeez

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+3
Quebec complains about Alberta all the time and they trot out the PQ every now and then.
Alberta complains about Quebec and now they threaten in little circles to have a vote and
leave.
Both Provinces are children at heart, both have ego's bigger than all out doors and nothing
will change in time the rest of us cast our eyes up and roll them every now and then and
leave it alone.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2

Junior turdo being liberal leader will guarantee Conservative governments for another decade at least. Oi lines won't be built eastward either.

Colpy
Conservative
+2

Would to like to put a wager on that?

How about if Trudeau is the Liberal leader the Liberals will gain NOTHING between Manitoba and BC?

They now have two...out of fifty-five, by my count.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+5
#16  Top Rated Post
I read the article and two things stood out. The statement that it was taken out of context and that it comes from SUN whose MO is taking things out of context for shock effect. When I read what Justin said, the inflection I got was that of the popular saying, "You just got owned". I doubt Trudeau is that stupid. It just looks to me like more of SUN's sensationalizing nonsense. But some people eat that crap as a steady diet.

Locutus
+1
Justin Trudeau anti-Alberta TV interview puts dent in Liberal leadership ambitions

Justin Trudeau video with anti-Alberta comments puts dent in Liberal leadership ambitions | Canadian Politics | Canada | News | National Post

Justin Trudeau faces uproar for alleged anti-Alberta comments in 2010 interview

Justin Trudeau faces uproar for alleged anti-Alberta comments in 2010 interview - thestar.com

Trudeau campaign forced to address 2010 comments on Alberta

Trudeau campaign forced to address 2010 comments on Alberta - Politics - CBC News

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

How about if Trudeau is the Liberal leader the Liberals will gain NOTHING between Manitoba and BC?

They might get a few seats in the west. The idea that Alberta would separate is laughable. That idea has no traction here.

Nuggler
+1

I was concerned that you had lost your stupid pills, but I see that worry was completely unfounded.

karrie
No Party Affiliation
+3

A lot of our right leaning members were anti-Romney. I don't think you can just label it one way or the next. I'm pretty left leaning but if that's his starting point, I doubt I'd be casting a vote that helps Trudeau's cause.

With talk like that Alberta will be having a referendum ...

uhm, no.

Nuggler
+3
McGuintey; good aim, BANG - left foot.

Trudeau, good aim, BANG - right foot

Nice shootin fellas. You sure you're not on Harpo's payroll?

Brother of Dalton should have told the cons to stuff it, instead of caving. Glad we find out about him now rather than later. Too bad the prick will get a pension from us.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

Too bad the prick will get a pension from us.

Well they don't say anything, pretty much literally, before they reach that magic and ridiculously low number of years of service.

They may be idiots but they're not stupid.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
“You've got to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from eastern Canada: people who live in ghettoes and who are not integrated into western Canadian society.” - Stephen Harper

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
+3 / -1

With talk like that Alberta will be having a referendum if it wants to stay in Canada and continue to support the east, and the difference is.. Alberta does not need Canada, Quebec with all it's free give away's does and will never separate because it's a leach of a Province.

I know where my vote will be cast.. screw the east.. "Let the Eastern bastards freeze in the dark" Ralph Klein

Separation Party of Alberta -To ensure the future of Alberta for Albertans by becoming an independent nation separate from Canada.

You're a babbling fool, Boomer. You sound exactly like a Bloc idiot. Also, you do not support me in any way or manner, so STFU with you claiming to support the "east" on your Janitor wage.

Or what the rest of Canada thinks for that matter? It's a different country now.

STFU, China traitor.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

You're a babbling fool, Boomer. You sound exactly like a Bloc idiot. Also, you do not support me in any way or manner, so STFU with you claiming to support the "east" on your Janitor wage.

Clearly Boomer is in his own fantasy world. You probably couldn't fill a Greyhound bus with every hard core Alberta separatist. If you clicked on the link to the Alberta Separatist party, you would see that they haven't even made a press release since 2005....a real happening bunch those guys are.

karrie
No Party Affiliation

Clearly Boomer is in his own fantasy world. You probably couldn't fill a Greyhound bus with every hard core Alberta separatist. If you clicked on the link to the Alberta Separatist party, you would see that they haven't even made a press release since 2005.....

when did the wild rose party start?

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1

“You've got to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from eastern Canada: people who live in ghettoes and who are not integrated into western Canadian society.” - Stephen Harper

With the exception of Ralph Goodale's riding, I'm assuming....

Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

OTTAWA - In the wake of Liberal MP David McGuinty's anti-Alberta comments this week, a 2010 interview with Liberal leadership hopeful Justin Trudeau raises the issue about whether that attitude is baked into the DNA of the federal Liberal party.

In November 2010, Trudeau told a Quebec television show that he was tired of Albertans running the country and that, whether it was Jean Chretien or Brian Mulroney, Canada is better off when Quebecers are running the country.

"Canada isn't doing well right now because it's Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda. It doesn't work," Trudeau said in French to interviewer Patrick Lagace on the Tele-Quebec program Les francs-tireurs (The Straight Shooters).

lots more

Sun News : EXCLUSIVE: Trudeau says Canada belongs to Quebec

Trudeau Jr. shooting for NDP country as the official opposition? That might happen with
his foot in his mouth like the example above. Alberta isn't going to separate, nor are
Manitoba or Saskatchewan....BC is the only western province with coastline and
access to non-USA markets....& I can't see them separating anytime soon either.

The West isn't going to separate from the East, as even the western provinces
squabble with each other (recent pipeline royalty B.S. between Alberta & BC for
example) too much to unify beyond economic benefit and mutual disappointment
in federal politics much of the time.

Quebec might eventuially seperate, but carefull what you wish for Quebec, 'cuz
you just might get it.

The OP is just an example as to why, even with all their warts & blemishes, we
can expect Conservative Gov'ts for the foreseeable future. I doubt many here
don't want to hear this, but look at the current options folks.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

when did the wild rose party start?

Not sure but they aren't separatists as much as they are white supremacists. Section 2.12.1 of their constitution says "We believe in the preservation of Alberta's heritage". Alberta has seen dramatic changes in the last 60 years. I'm not sure what these folks think our "heritage" is but I can take a guess...nudge nudge wink wink.

Mowich
Conservative
+1

Get real.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Junior turdo being liberal leader will guarantee Conservative governments for another decade at least. Oi lines won't be built eastward either.

Well then................rock on Justin.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by relic View Post

Alberta doesn't need Canada ??!! If all the Canadians left,you'd better learn spainglish,and learning doesn't come easy to you American wannabeez

Spanish, Done. American wannabeez.. lol got that covered too.

Miami's nightlife that so many Canadian flock too in the winter is because of the Latin culture..

One of my favorite songs.. Don Omar performing Danza Kuduro

[youtube]7zp1TbLFPp8[/youtube]