2nd Canadian teen may face beheading in Saudi Arabia


wallyj
#31
I disagree. Omar and the Saudi twosome should be punished,but not death. Omar escaped the death penalty out in the field.Let's not kill him now. I have no ,absolutely no sympathy for him,let him rot in a cell and read his book of hate for solace. The two Canadians in Saudi,will be punished severely,but manslaughter,by our standards,does not warrant the death panalty. As for that fellow in Montana,Ronald Smith,hang him.
 
Kreskin
#32
Re Ronald Smith:

The U.S. Supreme Court's decision left in place a ruling by the
Montana Supreme Court last December that refused to overturn
Smith's death sentence for the kidnapping and murders of Thomas Running Rabbit and Harvey Mad Man in August 1982.

Those are some strange last names.
 
wallyj
#33
An aside. Since the uproar over 'sweet little Omar' and the prison break in Kandahar,the troops are not taking too many detainees any more,are they? This should be a lesson to the bleeding hearts,if you put unreasonable expectations on men who are at risk of death daily,they will do what is necessary to survive, damn your suburban armchair hooey,full speed ahead . You reap what you sow.
 
wallyj
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Re Ronald Smith:

The U.S. Supreme Court's decision left in place a ruling by the
Montana Supreme Court last December that refused to overturn
Smith's death sentence for the kidnapping and murders of Thomas Running Rabbit and Harvey Mad Man in August 1982.

Those are some strange last names.

I really hope that you are being facetious. They are the names of two trusting natives that Ronald Smith shot in the back of the head. But hey,I am the resident racist,what do I know?
 
Kreskin
#35
I've never see a real last name of Mad Man. Just pointed out it is strange. Did he earn the name or was it inherited at birth?
 
wallyj
#36
There is a lot of names that have been taken or given to or by the natives. My X's last name always made me smile. The children,who kept dear old daddy's last name,was even more ludricous. I will not put them here for obvious reasons. But even though the Backfat women have one of the worst last names,they are a joy to look at.Meatface is up there with the worst,I know a woman who has the last name of Noname. My last name makes some people cringe,but not for the same reasons.
 
wallyj
#37
And it ain't BUSH.
 
quandary121
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by wallyj View Post

And it ain't BUSH.

I will have a guess at it is it pickyournose
 
wallyj
#39
Picking your nose may make you bleed,if your parents pick your reigion,Hi Omar is that you,are you comfy?
 
quandary121
#40
how about pukebucket
 
quandary121
#41
or foreskin
 
wallyj
#42
I would prefer that you called me W'allah from now on.
 
quandary121
#43
W'allah forskin it is then
 
earth_as_one
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by wallyj View Post

OK,I stand corrected. I should have said the defenders of Islam,the religion of peace,instead of 'you people'. There,feel better now.This issue of denigrating people by calling them racist when you disagree is wrong and immature. I read many posts that blame the Israeli/Jews for most of the problems in the Middle East. I have yet to see anyone call these posters racists because they are against Judaism. Can you see the parallel? ....As for Omar's confession,I have done a quick search and have found many accounts of him recanting his original confession,but the original one may only come out at his trial.Which,BTW,his lawyers are doing everything in the book to avoid. I wonder why?

Israel is not Judaism. In fact many Jews disagree with Israel's racist and ethnic cleansing policies. These policies, not Jews, are the cause of many but not all problems in the middle east.

From what we know about Khadr's treatment, its likely he was tortured until he said whatever his captors wanted him to say. By that standard, anyone can be made to confess to any crime, even 15 year olds like Khadr. Khadr's lawyers have an obligation to ensure their client gets a fair trial. Allowing tortured confessions as evidence would not be fair.

Back on topic. The two Canadian brothers facing the death penalty in Saudi Arabia might have been found guilty of manslaughter if the incident occured in Canada. But since it happened in Saudi Arabia, Saudi law applies. Their criminal justice system allows the death penalty for their crime. A good reason why Canadians should avoid Saudi Arabia and other countries with medieval criminal justice systems.
 
Praxius
#45
Quote: Originally Posted by wallyj View Post

Picking your nose may make you bleed,if your parents pick your reigion,Hi Omar is that you,are you comfy?

Oh so you think, as an example, I had a choice in following the Roman Catholic religion when I was a kid and that my parent didn't have input in that decision, let alone what school I went to, etc.?

Children usually do not have input on many things in their lives until they are an adult.... hince why we have parents and parents have many responsibilities in the first place in regards to their children.

Stop being so silly.

What do you think a child has at their disposal against decisions made by their parents? Stomp their feet and say "No?" yeah, that'll work.

Got a parent who's into an extremist organization such as Omar? I'd love to see how you would fight against their decision making.
 
Praxius
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post

Israel is not Judaism. In fact many Jews disagree with Israel's racist and ethnic cleansing policies. These policies, not Jews, are the cause of many but not all problems in the middle east.

As I usually say to people in the US who do not agree with Bush.... they're a so-called democracy.... allowing their government to do these things is directly their own responsibility, just as much as it is their governments, there are no excuses. If they don't agree with what they do, then perhaps they should change their government to suit closer to their own beliefs..... since they don't, their government is representing their beliefs, and therefore, they are no better then their government by allowing their government to continue these acts.

Quote:

From what we know about Khadr's treatment, its likely he was tortured until he said whatever his captors wanted him to say. By that standard, anyone can be made to confess to any crime, even 15 year olds like Khadr. Khadr's lawyers have an obligation to ensure their client gets a fair trial. Allowing tortured confessions as evidence would not be fair.

Agreed.

Quote:

Back on topic. The two Canadian brothers facing the death penalty in Saudi Arabia might have been found guilty of manslaughter if the incident occured in Canada. But since it happened in Saudi Arabia, Saudi law applies. Their criminal justice system allows the death penalty for their crime. A good reason why Canadians should avoid Saudi Arabia and other countries with medieval criminal justice systems.

Also agreed.... we can complain and moan about their way of life and their laws, but it will make little difference, just as if they didn't like things in our own country..... if we don't like their country or their laws, then don't venture inside their borders unless you are willing to accept their way of life and their laws.
 
WilliamAshley
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/0...ohail0813.html



Not the best way to go, that's for sure. Although it's a bit of a tossup between beheading or stoned to death as which one's worse.


Dude, have you ever been hit by a rock? Although rocks are probably better than death by Sandals.

Beading is a quick slice seperating your head from your body, mostly instantaneous (if done right) hanging is 10x worse and that was practiced in Canada until like what the 1960's?

Just be happy the Muslim states never picked up burning at the stake for hereticism.
 
gopher
#48
Right wingers are big believers in capitol punishment and this forum is overflowing with so many of them. So why aren't they calling for the gallows like they always do when it happens in USA streets??






Life for a life ...
 
Walter
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by WilliamAshley View Post

Beading is a quick slice seperating your head from your body, mostly instantaneous (if done right) hanging is 10x worse and that was practiced in Canada until like what the 1960's?

Hanging is instant death if done correctly. The neck gets broken by the drop through the trap door.
Last edited by Walter; Aug 27th, 2008 at 06:49 AM..
 
EagleSmack
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Right wingers are big believers in capitol punishment



I am conservative and I am against Capitol Punishment.

Quote:

and this forum is overflowing with so many of them.



How many? Like 6 or so? We just bang a loud drum.

Quote:

So why aren't they calling for the gallows like they always do when it happens in USA streets??



Because he's Canadian and most of us don't know where Canada is...right?
 
Praxius
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by WilliamAshley View Post

Dude, have you ever been hit by a rock? Although rocks are probably better than death by Sandals.

Beading is a quick slice seperating your head from your body, mostly instantaneous (if done right) hanging is 10x worse and that was practiced in Canada until like what the 1960's?

Just be happy the Muslim states never picked up burning at the stake for hereticism.

Yeah, Christians have always had a way of out doing everyone else when it comes to massive suffering in death..... creative bunch they be.

And I had a rock or two thrown my way as a kid.... can't say I've been chucked one recently, but I know they're not known for activating the tickle sensation in the brain.

A quick slice in beheading.... the ol' english way, isn't that bad.... even though your brain is still active for a few seconds after being cut from the body, so I still dunno about how great that is.

But there are other ways of beheading....
 
Praxius
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Right wingers are big believers in capitol punishment and this forum is overflowing with so many of them. So why aren't they calling for the gallows like they always do when it happens in USA streets??

Life for a life ...

Eye for an eye is what I believe in.... do to others as you would have them do to you, etc....

I've already stated that if you don't want to face their punishments and laws, then don't live there..... what more do you want?
 
EagleSmack
#53
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

Yeah, Christians have always had a way of out doing everyone else when it comes to massive suffering in death..... creative bunch they be.

Like during the Inquisition?



Quote:

A quick slice in beheading.... the ol' english way, isn't that bad.... even though your brain is still active for a few seconds after being cut from the body, so I still dunno about how great that is.

But there are other ways of beheading....

Yeah...but that was after they were finished stretching you on the rack and the various other tortures they came up with.
 
gopher
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

Eye for an eye is what I believe in.... do to others as you would have them do to you, etc....

I've already stated that if you don't want to face their punishments and laws, then don't live there..... what more do you want?



Bravo to you!

BRING ON THE HANGMAN!
 
gopher
#55
I am conservative and I am against Capitol Punishment.

Why?




So why aren't they calling for the gallows like they always do when it happens in USA streets??



Because he's Canadian and most of us don't know where Canada is...right?



That much is true ...




So many of the forum's right wingers call me "liberal" but I approve of capitol punishment. Life for a life as they always say. Unlike the right wingers, however, I demand that it applied on a uniform basis rather than selectively as they want.


And for those Canadian criminals, BRING ON THE HANGMAN!!
 
gopher
#56
Where are the forum's many conservatives to stand up for principle and to demand the use of capitol punishment???

Had a Muslim killed an innocent person in your community, what would you be saying today???