How the Myth of Jesus came about

Dreadful Nonsense
4 minutes into this and your world view will change
http://video.google.es/videoplay?doc...75979627863972

mrmom2
Is this first time that videos been posted at CC?

Twila
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/clarifications.htm

Even more important:
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/statement.htm

Check the last line

Zan
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/clarifications.htm

Even more important:
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/statement.htm

Check the last line

Worth repeating, Twila. Powerful words, imo.

Quote:

... It is my hope that people will not take what is said in the film as truth, but find it out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realized.

hat being said, It is my hope that people will not take what is said
in the film a
It is my hope that people will not take what is said
in the film as the truth, but find out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realize
s the truth, but find out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realized. It is my hope that people will not take what is said
in the film as the truth, but find out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realize
hat being said, It is my hope that people will not take what is said
in the film as the truth, but find out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realized.

look3467
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Hey, I am not phased any by those movies. I saw the one, and mankind tries to explain everything away.

Jesus never existed on one movie and everything is a myth.

Totally hopeless observations.

Peace>>>AJ

triedit
Hopeless? Im quite close to God and have lots of hope yet Im not Christian...

In the end it just matters that you know why you believe what you do.

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by triedit View Post

Hopeless? Im quite close to God and have lots of hope yet Im not Christian...

In the end it just matters that you know why you believe what you do.

Close to God? You wanna xplain?

Peace>>>AJ

RomSpaceKnight
I really liked the reasoning in the video. Brings christianity back down to earth and puts it on the same level as ALL other beliefs and spiritual paths. I concur with the video in all respects. There are far too many similarities amongst the world's religions for it to be a coincidence. It's all local customs and myths being overlayed onto a common backdrop. And the "theory"/belief that all before christianity is a pre-emptive attack by Satan is hogwash.

Dreadful Nonsense
i was surprised as hell...a few months back i posted here somewhere about all religions coming from egypt via Atlantas....this just put another bent on that liine of thinking....i know the video ends up in the WTC conspiracy and i avoided that ....wierd i just don't want to go there....i should at least view it.....

In any case the point is on a wall in Luxor is the exact same myth scenario as the Jesus Myth.....2000 years before christ....

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by RomSpaceKnight View Post

I really liked the reasoning in the video. Brings christianity back down to earth and puts it on the same level as ALL other beliefs and spiritual paths. I concur with the video in all respects. There are far too many similarities amongst the world's religions for it to be a coincidence. It's all local customs and myths being overlayed onto a common backdrop. And the "theory"/belief that all before christianity is a pre-emptive attack by Satan is hogwash.

I have looked into some of the myths via a volume of books entitled, "Man, Magic and Myths.
I found that everybody has some sort of belief, with its own sets of values, and practices.
What I was looking for is a common thread that was woven through all of them that would give me an insight as to why everybody had to have some sort of belief.

Everybody has an unprovable belief as well as those who believe not can prove nothing as well.

So, where does that leave us as to what to believe. Yes, no, maybe so.

The diversity I believe is what makes the body function completely.

The many membered body functions as one unit, fingers, toes, nose, ears etc.

All work for the common good of the body.

Love is not a myth, it is a reality, and if there is no love, then there is no God.

Peace>>>AJ

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDred View Post

i was surprised as hell...a few months back i posted here somewhere about all religions coming from egypt via Atlantas....this just put another bent on that liine of thinking....i know the video ends up in the WTC conspiracy and i avoided that ....wierd i just don't want to go there....i should at least view it.....

In any case the point is on a wall in Luxor is the exact same myth scenario as the Jesus Myth.....2000 years before christ....

I believe Doc, that we are creatures of curiosity, some more so than others.
Mankind could not be satisfied by just living, he had to figure why he was a live in the first place, what he was doing here and if there was not life after this one.
The stars, the Sun and the moon were incorporated in figuring things out. Evolution of knowledge increases by each generation and what seemed complicated, is beginning to seem less.

Unless, I figure, there is an entity, which has to be, for all of did not start with a piece of trash thrown out by some alien, that places thoughts into our minds of revelations bit by bit.

That's why I say that mankind could explain itself away by its own knowledge and completely mis the master of the universe.

Peace>>>AJ

Dreadful Nonsense
I find it hard to believe that as science discovers our roots and how things came to be, people still want to believe in the myth as real and not just some metaphor to learn something.....

lone wolf
Faith is comfort - and with the world political climate being as it is, burning bridges might not be the best of things ... just in case. People, eh?

Woof!

Dreadful Nonsense
Faith in what ????
you know there must have been at least 20 billion people emerge from this planet with some sort of BS faith in some thing and prayed till doomsday and nothing happening......Now i think the real truth should be forced into the open...that being we have the ability built inside of us to move our lives in what could appear miraculous...but it can only happen with yourself from yourself.....Hell I've read some interesting Egyptian myths and can tell you the metaphor behind the tale....cool stuff.

lone wolf
Faith in faith if that's all ya got....

look3467

I find it hard to believe that as science discovers our roots and how things came to be, people still want to believe in the myth as real and not just some metaphor to learn something.....

What you find hard to believe is because it is a reality. If mankind was not do interested in some mystical entity, then I would agree with you.

Peace>>>AJ

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

What you find hard to believe is because it is a reality. If mankind was not do interested in some mystical entity, then I would agree with you.

Peace>>>AJ

This is true for some. You make it sound like it is some inner instinct breaking through rather than a contrived lie put to the masses from those in power to continue to have power over the suffering masses.....

triedit

Close to God? You wanna xplain?

Peace>>>AJ

Just means that I pray, I try to do right, I care about others, etc. Basically the same as Christains only without anybody between--like a saint or Christ.

Walter
It's called faith for good reason.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by triedit View Post

Just means that I pray, I try to do right, I care about others, etc. Basically the same as Christains only without anybody between--like a saint or Christ.

this is an important point...this promotes strenght where as whining to some god image promotes weakness....

As long as the powers to be have you in some whiner mode to a God image they get to do what they want to do like going to war with your children in the name of that god image...Hell our parliment swears in on the bible for crying out loud!!!! think about that....

You know the concept of Karma and reincarnitaion is a much stronger point of refferance...why?...it makes you take responsability for your lot in life...no one to blame but yourself...no crosses to bear...just your own stupidity that got you there...or your own generosity.....

lone wolf
Just knowing you aren't alone is solidarity. Realizing you aren't the greatest is humbling. Knowing your actions affect others builds compassion. Believing someone's got your back gives confidence. You can call it as you choose. Give it whatever name you want. If you have faith in you, then you have everything.

Woof!

sanctus

4 minutes into this and your world view will change
http://video.google.es/videoplay?doc...75979627863972

Odd, I watched all 20 odd minutes of this short film and my world view has not changed at all...

look3467

This is true for some. You make it sound like it is some inner instinct breaking through rather than a contrived lie put to the masses from those in power to continue to have power over the suffering masses.....

Inner instinct is correct. There is not one soul living that does not have some inkling of a higher spirit, whatever that higher spirit is, depends on the time, place and to whom was one born to.

You mentioned karma and reincarnation, well that is proof that what I am saying is correct.

Here is the whole thing in a nut shell. To me, it was given to know by time, place and who I was born to, the knowledge of an existing entity, by reason of history, the printed word (Bible) and my personal faith in all of it.
To others, was not. Those born of different religious beliefs, those born without religious beliefs and those born in primitive conditions.

My burden for having this knowledge is: to love my neighbor, show my neighbor that there is kindness and compassion in this hellish world, to help and aid someone in distress and to demonstrate by reflection who my God is.

Despite all that, I have to contend with my own selfishness, my own weaknesses and pride.

And, I can tell you right now, that without the standard and power of my God in me, I am absolutely helpless to perform that which is good.

Now, some of you may say, well, I don't believe in God, and I can perform those same standards of good.
And to that I say yes you can. For it is already within you to do so, otherwise, you couldn't.
If but,you could recognize it as from God, like I do, there would be great appreciation, joy, and happiness unbeknown to the world outside.

Unfortunately, a bad example has been given in the name of God by those claiming to know God that soured their minds against God.

Which makes my burden even heavier. It is akin to going against all odds.

But one good bit of good news that I can impart is that my God loves all souls, good and or bad.
That part has been dealt with from the beginning of time of humanity, and for all future yet unborn souls.
And, as you said, the thoughts of karma and reincarnation, are correct in this respect, that each one of us will not get away from our own consequences, but are and will be accountable for them here, in this time and not in any other.
So, the words are, whatever you sow, that shall you reap. If you sow good seed, good fruit shall you reap.
Which it comes down to this: with or without God, we all go through this world in the same condition, accountable to our selves.
What shall it then be? By what standard shall one live by, and is there a source of strength we can tap into in our times of despair, need and or devastations?

Peace>>>AJ

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Just knowing you aren't alone is solidarity. Realizing you aren't the greatest is humbling. Knowing your actions affect others builds compassion. Believing someone's got your back gives confidence. You can call it as you choose. Give it whatever name you want. If you have faith in you, then you have everything.

Woof!

I believe your correct in that assessment, but I think that it is called, first love yourself before you can love someone else.
If you hate yourself, you are not much good to anybody, much less to yourself.

Peace>>>AJ

lone wolf
Faith = true and unconditional love

Unforgiven
How does it feel when your God is retired to the legions of fables that make up modern mythology?

look3467
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

How does it feel when your God is retired to the legions of fables that make up modern mythology?

Well, it is not a feelings as what you might think, but one of complete sadness.
For if others could see and feel the presence of this wonderful God, one would appreciate all His goodness.
What mankind sees is not the spiritual goodness of what God is, but the unethical, lording and unjust God painted by the eyes of mankind.
A myth if you will seen only by the eyes of man of the world.
Yes, you see all the killings, the sacrifices, nations against nations and of course the evil which mankind make in the name of gods.
But to see the goodness and the severity of God as a parent God, interested only in the well fair of His children, one can understand things most people don't.
My having raised 6 children, gives me the expertise to understand what God is all about.
Love your children, but correct them in love so that maybe, they might see the error of their ways and learn.

Peace>>>AJ

Dreadful Nonsense

Inner instinct is correct. There is not one soul living that does not have some inkling of a higher spirit, whatever that higher spirit is, depends on the time, place and to whom was one born to.

You mentioned karma and reincarnation, well that is proof that what I am saying is correct.

Here is the whole thing in a nut shell. To me, it was given to know by time, place and who I was born to, the knowledge of an existing entity, by reason of history, the printed word (Bible) and my personal faith in all of it.
To others, was not. Those born of different religious beliefs, those born without religious beliefs and those born in primitive conditions.

My burden for having this knowledge is: to love my neighbor, show my neighbor that there is kindness and compassion in this hellish world, to help and aid someone in distress and to demonstrate by reflection who my God is.

Despite all that, I have to contend with my own selfishness, my own weaknesses and pride.

And, I can tell you right now, that without the standard and power of my God in me, I am absolutely helpless to perform that which is good.

Now, some of you may say, well, I don't believe in God, and I can perform those same standards of good.
And to that I say yes you can. For it is already within you to do so, otherwise, you couldn't.
If but,you could recognize it as from God, like I do, there would be great appreciation, joy, and happiness unbeknown to the world outside.

Unfortunately, a bad example has been given in the name of God by those claiming to know God that soured their minds against God.

Which makes my burden even heavier. It is akin to going against all odds.

But one good bit of good news that I can impart is that my God loves all souls, good and or bad.
That part has been dealt with from the beginning of time of humanity, and for all future yet unborn souls.
And, as you said, the thoughts of karma and reincarnation, are correct in this respect, that each one of us will not get away from our own consequences, but are and will be accountable for them here, in this time and not in any other.
So, the words are, whatever you sow, that shall you reap. If you sow good seed, good fruit shall you reap.
Which it comes down to this: with or without God, we all go through this world in the same condition, accountable to our selves.
What shall it then be? By what standard shall one live by, and is there a source of strength we can tap into in our times of despair, need and or devastations?

Peace>>>AJ

This is not an insult AJ but an observation......ok?

when you stop trying to convince yourself I think we could have a conversation.....you just wrote to yourself to convince yourself about your religion....it has nothing to do at all with the OP. zero....

Dreadful Nonsense

Well, it is not a feelings as what you might think, but one of complete sadness.
For if others could see and feel the presence of this wonderful God, one would appreciate all His goodness.
What mankind sees is not the spiritual goodness of what God is, but the unethical, lording and unjust God painted by the eyes of mankind.
A myth if you will seen only by the eyes of man of the world.
Yes, you see all the killings, the sacrifices, nations against nations and of course the evil which mankind make in the name of gods.
But to see the goodness and the severity of God as a parent God, interested only in the well fair of His children, one can understand things most people don't.
My having raised 6 children, gives me the expertise to understand what God is all about.
Love your children, but correct them in love so that maybe, they might see the error of their ways and learn.

Peace>>>AJ

Again you did not address this
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven

question.

You just reinstating your belief system to yourself.You are insulating yourself from truth .....

look3467

Again you did not address this question.

You just reinstating your belief system to yourself.You are insulating yourself from truth .....

I'm a stubborn old man, and I saw the video, movie and I came away thinking that the if this is what mankind thinks, then it is a sad state of affairs.
I may confirm my own beliefs as written, but I know that there are more like me that would relate to what i said.
There are those who believe and those who do not.
The struggle is in who is going to persuade the other of the realness of either thought?

After all, is that not what we are all doing here?

Peace>>>AJ