39% of Americans say Impeach Bush


Andem
Free Thinker
#1
Poll shows 39% of Americans support impeachment Michael Roston
Published: Tuesday May 8, 2007




A poll published Tuesday shows that close to 40% of Americans favor the impeachment of President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney, according to an article at Townhall.com.

"Few serious observers think things will ever get to actual impeachment. And yet the American public seems more open to the concept than many imagine, according to a new national poll," wrote Matt Towery, CEO of InsiderAdvantage, which commissioned the poll. "The implications of this public sentiment could be huge for the 2008 presidential elections."

The poll from InsiderAdvantage/Majority Opinion asked a sample of 621 Americans, "Would you favor or oppose the impeachment by Congress of President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney?"

A total of 39% who answered said they favored impeachment, according to Towery. In opposition were 55% of respondents, with 6% answering undecided or don't know. There was a 4% margin of error.

Towery noted that a high proportion of independent voters, who traditionally decide elections, favored impeachment.

"Forty-two percent of independents want Bush and Cheney impeached. These aren't just voters who disapprove of the White House. Instead, they're for initiating a process that could remove them from office," he wrote.

InsiderAdvantage has "been praised by national media ranging from CNN’s Judy Woodruff to Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly, and have appeared in Knight-Ridder newspapers, The Washington Post, Washington Times, New York Post, Business Week, US News and World Report, and CBS News/CBS Marketwatch," according to the company's website.

Towery's full article can be found at this link.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Poll_s...port_0508.html
 
#juan
No Party Affiliation
#2
How many votes do they need? Is it fifty percent plus one? Or is it some other number? The crazy thing is that Bush was elected by less than half the eligible voters...
 
Walter
#3
I like W. He has backbone.
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

How many votes do they need? Is it fifty percent plus one? Or is it some other number? The crazy thing is that Bush was elected by less than half the eligible voters...

In order to convict him in the senate, I think they need two thirds of the vote?
 
thomaska
#5
39%..

and the other 61% said "Who's that?"

But seriously more than half (55%)said they were opposed to it.
 
#juan
No Party Affiliation
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by thomaska View Post

39%..

and the other 61% said "Who's that?"

But seriously more than half (55%)said they were opposed to it.

Was that 55% of the voters, or 55% of the voters who responded?
 
ottawabill
#7
the other 61% want Chaney to shot him in a "hunting accident....
 
thomaska
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Was that 55% of the voters, or 55% of the voters who responded?

It was 2 and half of the people they polled outside of the WalMart in BFE Kentucky.
 
I think not
#9
I would like the bastard to be impeached as well.

What are the charges?
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not View Post

I would like the bastard to be impeached as well.

What are the charges?

Bestiality in the first degree.
 
Tonington
#11
Who would lead the USA if both Bush and Cheney were impeached and then convicted of whatever the charge was?
 
Logic 7
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

I like W. He has backbone.



True, he has the guts to laugh at the america's face, i admit he has backbone.
 
Logic 7
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not View Post

I would like the bastard to be impeached as well.

What are the charges?



The whole bush family should be brought down on the street, and the citizen should make them pay really high for what they have done to them.
 
EagleSmack
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Logic 7 View Post

The whole bush family should be brought down on the street, and the citizen should make them pay really high for what they have done to them.

What do you mean?
 
thomaska
#15
Can't say I remember George, Laura or the their twins doing anything to me yet.

You need to get that Bush Derangement Syndrome looked into Logic, before you pop a blood vessel.
 
I think not
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Who would lead the USA if both Bush and Cheney were impeached and then convicted of whatever the charge was?

Speaker of the House - Nancy Pelosi - Democrat.
 
I think not
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

What do you mean?

Don't ask complicated questions.
 
Denver Dem
#18
If Bush has "backbone" as you say, then why did he go AWOL with the Texas National Guard? ( of course joining the Guard to avoid going to Vietnam.) Unlike today, joining the Guard back then was a sure "out" of going into battle. He's a chickenhawk. Heck, he was even afraid to throw out the first pitch on baseball's opening day for fear of getting booed.
 
Riyko
#19
I agree that bush should be impeached. I believe they could charge him with war crimes and many other things.
 
gc
#20
They impeached Clinton for lying...

...or is a lie only a lie if it is told under oath?
 
normbc9
Conservative
#21
Even if both Houses could agree to initiate the process by the time the whole thing was over it would just about be time for his term to end. The expense would be enormous because the in-crowd would fight it tooth and nail in the Courts system. It is my firm belief that he will go down in the history books as the only rival to Jimmy Carter for being the worst President this nation has witnessed since the post Civil War days. Why not let history take its course?
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
#22
Bush Jr. reminds me of Forest Gump “A stupid is as a stupid gets”

The world for some reason does not want his box of chocolates.
 
TOOLGUY
#23
While I was in Nam, I NEVER saw Daddy's little boy there.
He was too busy spending his time in the "airhead nat'l guard" flying bars as a barfly.

If you remember the Dixie Chickas who had it right so long ago, most REAL AMERICANS are truly ashamed of this cancer upon what America SHOUOLD represent.

Hopefully, the world will outlast the damage this regime has been causing and, in spite of ILLEGAL aliens and the middle east murder cult, we will heal.

When I signed up to post here, I selected central time as, I live in the upper midwest of the US.
It was as if I had clicked on a road map for illegals as it said:
US/CANDA/MEXICO CITY.

Walter, you need to actually listen to the people in the US who are able to think for themselves and love our freedoms and decency.
The very opposite of those are the neocons.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#24  Top Rated Post
The demand for traitor Bush's IMPEACHMENT grows:


http://www.impeachbush.org/site/News...s_iv_ctrl=1041



982813 demand IMPEACHMENT!!
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#25
It's to late to impeach this one save your money and get rid of the next one in the first year because it'll be the same thing anyway, wait not quite they'll probubly pick one that can lie more covincingly if they're paying attention to the critics. I think I still like the work he's doing though the longer you keep him the more it'll cost you. There must be something left he can give to the rich.
 
YoungJoonKim
#26
Don't waste money [Billions] on Bush just for some justice..
Using "billions" itself is "injustice"
You can just storm white house and do it OlD ShCooL.

Bush: "Let them eat me."
 
EagleSmack
#27
If they could have impeached him they would. As it stands now...the Democrat led congress has a lower approval rating than Bush. That didn't take long at all.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#28
... but nobody is calling for Congress's impeachment like they are for Bush.
 
Just the Facts
Free Thinker
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

It's to late to impeach this one save your money and get rid of the next one in the first year because it'll be the same thing anyway, wait not quite they'll probubly pick one that can lie more covincingly if they're paying attention to the critics. I think I still like the work he's doing though the longer you keep him the more it'll cost you. There must be something left he can give to the rich.

What the hell is going on!?!? That's twice in a row today I agree with you!
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the Facts View Post

What the hell is going on!?!? That's twice in a row today I agree with you!

You're falling in love with me, it happens you know, don't fight it, just let it grow. Have you thought about I might like for Christmas?
 

Similar Threads

97
Al Gore: Impeach Bush
by I think not | Jan 23rd, 2006
7
WorldDailyNet Votes to Impeach Bush
by mrmom2 | Sep 3rd, 2005
5
Americans Increasingly Reject Bush
by moghrabi | Jun 6th, 2005
5
Why Americans will vote for Bush
by Haggis McBagpipe | Oct 17th, 2004