Gerald Stanley Not Guilty

Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Where do I find the Justice for the guy who was almost robbed, Stanley and everybody that shared the road with someone multiple times over.08?

If you ask me I'm amazed they didn't end upside down in a slough with 4 dead.

I agree, what I find ironic all the uproar over Stanley's go fund me page, but not even peep about justice for Colton based on an admitted crime spree

Decapoda
+2 / -1

Driving 200 kms on rural gravel roads, "target practice" with a rifle ,smashing out a car window and prying open a door with a loaded gun, all while blackout drunk ... all pretty good ways to kill yourself, your friends, or blow your head off. Then almost running over 2 members of the Stanley family while trying to flee from a botched robbery.

It seems the unfortunate outcome of this insanity was quite probably a best case scenario.

justlooking
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Maybe it will be paid from the $ 71k proceeds from the justice for Colton go fund me page

Where do I find the Justice for the guy who was almost robbed, Stanley and everybody that shared the road with someone multiple times over.08?

Here:

https://www.gofundme.com/gerald-stanley-support-fund

$90k in 2 days.
I read Stanley had to sell his farm.
Oh and no tears from anyone in government, not that he needs it.
He could use some help.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

You clearly have no idea about rural life.

Because where you come from dictates how the law treats you.

Twin_Moose
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Because where you come from dictates how the law treats you.

???????

Mowich
+1

What about Stanley's family? Are they not culpable in the shooting by letting their hothead father have a loaded weapon?

Hotheaded? Really? I daresay that I hope you are never confronted with a bunch of drunken hooligans threatening your family, miles from help.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Our Justice Minister is walking a very fine line with her response to this verdict.

Do you honestly think that was an off the cuff remark?

Did it register with you at all that it was exactly what Mr Trudeau said from 5,000 miles away.

The Liberals decided that "we have to do better" would be the go-to apology.

It's the standard response now to things like sex assault. When organizations get asked how they can continue to shelter and enable abusers they all say "we have to do better".I belive Obama invented it.

It admits nothing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Hotheaded? Really? I daresay that I hope you are never confronted with a bunch of drunken hooligans threatening your family, miles from help.

And I will be sorry because without a shotgun I will get abused?

This is the world the Ignore Listers live in.

These are the imaginary threats they see all around them.

Twin_Moose
+3
I hope they find this person

New
Online video showing jury delivering Gerald Stanley verdict 'of grave concern,' says Sask. justice ministry

Quote:

A video posted online Friday of a Saskatchewan jury delivering its not-guilty verdict in the Gerald Stanley trial has sparked "grave concern" in the provincial Ministry of Justice.
"The ministry is aware and is taking steps to address this," said Drew Wilby, a spokesperson for the ministry.
"It is of grave concern that someone would post this publicly. We have referred the matter to the RCMP."
Recording the Stanley trial was prohibited, as is the case in most Canadian trials.
Stanley, 56, was acquitted of responsibility in the shooting death of Colten Boushie after a tense two-week trial. Boushie, 22, was shot and killed after he and four others from the Red Pheasant Cree Nation drove onto Stanley's rural property in August 2016.
What happened on the Stanley farm the day Boushie was shot, as told by witnesses
The verdict immediately sparked strong reactions and inspired rallies in several Canadian cities over the weekend in support of the Boushie family.
'Justice for Colten': Hundreds gather for Boushie support rally in Saskatoon after Stanley not-guilty verdict
Video taken in public viewing room

The one-minute-and-13-second video was taken from a room reserved for the public on the ground floor of the Battleford Court of Queen's Bench, where the trial took place.
The room was equipped with TVs showing a live-feed of Chief Justice Martel Popescul, the lawyers arguing each side of the case, the public gallery and members of the 12-person jury.

And do the right thing and charge this person

captain morgan

Do you honestly think that was an off the cuff remark?

Yup, kinda like Catherine Mckenna using a gvt platform to announce to kids that Santa is leaving the North Pole cause of global warming

Hoid
Right now Saskatchewan has reaffirmed the tradition that it is ok for a white guy to shoot an indian by accident.

Unfortunately they have to do it in front of the entire world.

What a shame that justice can't just be dispensed in private (like the good old days...dam that Mandela)

justlooking
+1

Right now Saskatchewan has reaffirmed the tradition that it is ok for a white guy to shoot an indian by accident.

What a shame that justice can't just be dispensed in private (like the good old days...dam that Mandela)

Oh so now you are changing the narrative and admitting it was an accident ?

Good for you.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

Oh so now you are changing the narrative and admitting it was an accident ?

Good for you.

Show me where I have said it was not an accident.

justlooking
+2

Show me where I have said it was not an accident.

BTW it is the criminal justice system that has brought itself into disrepute by its inability to deliver justice.

An accident with no penalty is a just decision.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

An accident with no penalty is a just decision.

I do not see me saying it was not an accident.

I don't think I ever said that did I?

captain morgan
+1

I do not see me saying it was not an accident.

I don't think I ever said that did I?

You've been too busy hollering that it's racism.

.. So, are you saying that racism is an accident?

Hoof Hearted
+4
This is too rich! The baloney is coming so fast out of Hoid's mouth, he forgets what he's saying and has to ask us whether or not he stated something!

captain morgan
+4
He's an ideologue... For most people, there is some kind of cause-and-effect circumstance to be considered, but it appears that in his/her case, there is no tangible or substantiated link between the 2, hence the only recourse is to scream racism

JLM
+2 / -1

That post is just downright stupid! O.K. has nothing to do with it. Sometimes things happen that are NOT O.K. but that doesn't mean that someone has to be blamed or punished! Savvy?
Last edited by JLM; Feb 12th, 2018 at 06:15 PM..

Murphy
+2
This needs to be said over and over. Hoid is a contrarian and a troll. He rarely provides proof for his arguments. He gets his jollys from twisting the words of others. He is painfully easy to catch in a lie. He deals with being caught by ignoring the individual, or denying that he said what he was caught posting.

He strikes me as a spoiled 14 year old. I invite you to check his posts. He isn't worth trying to reason with. Like some others here, he is a childish troll.

Hoof Hearted
+5
The jury in the Stanley trial were 12 Canadians.

Wasn't it Justin Trudeau who famously said, "A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian"?

Decapoda
+3

Reaffirmed to mindless imbiciles who are incapeable of critical thought. I can understand how you would buy into such a dysfunctional perspective.
Last edited by Decapoda; Feb 12th, 2018 at 09:48 PM..

Hoof Hearted
+2
GoFundMe website raises $84,000 so far for Stanley...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...eal/ar-BBJ2YF0

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

GoFundMe website raises $84,000 so far for Stanley...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...eal/ar-BBJ2YF0

"Go Fund Me should take the platform down, refund every bit of that money or divert it to anti-hate crime causes, and issue a public apology IMMEDIATELY."

LOL

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

"Go Fund Me should take the platform down, refund every bit of that money or divert it to anti-hate crime causes, and issue a public apology IMMEDIATELY."

LOL

Doesn't "Go Fund Me" just direct donations to where the donors want them to go? Is there something wrong with that?

Murphy
I think you're right.

https://ca.gofundme.com/about-us

There is also an area for FAQ - https://ca.gofundme.com/questions

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Doesn't "Go Fund Me" just direct donations to where the donors want them to go? Is there something wrong with that?

Yes that is what it does. No there is nothing wrong with that. I was just quoting from the article. Presumably they were quoting somebody but it was unclear whom.

Murphy
+1
One of the questions is, is Gofundme free?

Answer - The GoFundMe platform is free. Standard payment processing fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 per donation allows for credit card processing and safe transfer of funds.

So they make money from each donation.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

One of the questions is, is Gofundme free?

Answer - The GoFundMe platform is free. Standard payment processing fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 per donation allows for credit card processing and safe transfer of funds.

So they make money from each donation.

You didn't know that?
If you hate somebody, donate to him .10. He will pay .03 + .30 to recover his .10.

Murphy
No, I didn't. I have never donated online, except for charities that I know.

Scooby
+2
What is profoundly sad about this still unfolding event is that the political posturing will kill any chance of peace. The court should be respected or abolished, plain and simple.

The courts are clearly unable to be respected if politics and not process define the result.