Liberals to announce marijuana will be legal by July 1, 2018

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Try hitting yourself in the head with a hammer a few times. That should drop your IQ enough to communicate with the average Brit.

If it don't, flip the hammer around and give yourself a coupla shots with the claw.

That's graphic. Just reading that gave me a headache.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Pretty well coincides with Junior's mentality. Hope he can collect enough tax to compensate/pay for the damage caused.

Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Pinch a fag, smoke a fag, they just don't know how to speak proper English those Brits, and then they wonder why we can never understand them.

Agreed, their pronunciation is terrible. Years ago, I was taught that in Old Blighty the word "lion" rhymes with the word "barn". Figure that one out!

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

You outta write a novel about everyone getting arrested and beaten until July 2018.

Got my hands full with two crime novels at the moment. But I'll take it under advisement.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Pretty well coincides with Junior's mentality. Hope he can collect enough tax to compensate/pay for the damage caused.

Actually, I think legalization is a no-brainer when it comes to pot.
It's a dumb law that serves little purpose other than creating an illegal market and a waste of police resources.

It's about the only thing I agree with Trudeau on.

Murphy
Conservative
+1
I don't know about the other provinces, but Ontario is gonna want to play a big part in revenue collection.

Part of the federal govt release concerned provinces having a say in sales and distribution. Will the provinces handle this well? They have until next year to work out the details.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

I don't know about the other provinces, but Ontario is gonna want to play a big part in revenue collection.

Part of the federal govt release concerned provinces having a say in sales and distribution. Will the provinces handle this well? They have until next year to work out the details.

I'm sure Kathy the Terrible is chomping at the bit with that horrible overbite.

Murphy
Conservative
+1
Oh, you can bet she is. She's pi$$ed off having to grant a hydro cutback. She'll do anything to make up for lost revenue.

Danbones
Free Thinker
They'll price it high enough to keep the blackmarket and cops busy - they like the easy scores.

Toronto MP Bill Blair offered a glowing endorsement of Canada’s licensed medical marijuana producers on Tuesday, an indication that they are well positioned to serve the recreational market in the future.

Blair, the former Toronto police chief and current parliamentary secretary to the minister of justice and attorney general, is the federal government’s point man on legalizing recreational pot use. He said the licensed producers offer a very strong model to build upon as Ottawa tries to build a functional market.

“I have come to believe it is possible … for marijuana to be produced in a way that maximizes safety for Canadians,” he told the audience at a marijuana regulation conference in Toronto.
http://business.financialpost.com/ne...nsed-producers

"Safety" of a warm blanket on a cold day.
But do they stop the crack or the guns or even terrorists?
nope:
Too tuff on a monday
Last edited by Danbones; Mar 28th, 2017 at 04:54 AM..

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Pit legalization is a win all around. Druggies paying more tax so i don't have to. Spending less police resources chasing unimportant stuff and making Trumpites sniff stiffly because Justin is actually accomplishing some of the things he said he would while Donny fumbles.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

It's about the only thing I agree with Trudeau on.

I have several problems with it. In the past couple of years doctors are beginning to recognize young brains are adversely affected by it and another one is, "is 15 months enough time to evaluate the effect it has on driving and to devise a way to measure the effects accurately". I know the obvious answer is "these things are happening already", BUT how much will the use increase once it's legalized? A lot of people refrain from doing things that are against the law, solely for that reason!

Danbones
Free Thinker
The Canadian ledain commission report found illegality increases drug use.

The government can grow record amounts of opium in Afghanistan, allowing pot here in canada would be the least they could do.
Oh wait..the too big to fail banks need that drug laundering money to stay alive, and we can't have those turkeys kicking off.

Hoof Hearted
+2
Flameout talkin here Dudes and Dudettes!!...

Can't wait for our Rad PM to intoduce that Mary Jane bill!

Chya!!l

I haven't worked in 2 decades or been laid since Yul Brenner had hair! But I lurve smokin!!

God bless Canada, eh?!!

Righteous!!

EagleSmack
+1
Heyyyy maaaaaaan

coldstream
+2
It's a foolish underestimation of the consequences of legalizing a powerful narcotic. It is the thin edge of wedge of legalization of all drugs. A generation of zombies looms.. led by a pathetic 60s era flowerchild... our massively incompetent and reckless prime twit.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

It's a foolish underestimation of the consequences of legalizing a powerful narcotic. It is the thin edge of wedge of legalization of all drugs. A generation of zombies looms.. led by a pathetic 60s era flowerchild... our massively incompetent and reckless prime twit.

Morally, I oppose the recreational consumption of marijuana as I do that of alcohol. But we've seen what prohibition did in the 20s. I'd say if we legalize it, then strictly restrict its advertizing. Make businesses that sell it operate like a legal version of a speakeasy, underground and out of sight and highly taxed with its freedom to advertize strictly limited.

EagleSmack
Libs need weed to get through their salty tear filled days.

Danbones
Free Thinker
...might make them too lazy to smack the prez and go with COG.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
I'm not a fan of legalisation myself. It should be decriminalized, yes but this amounts to state endorcement ...

Anyway, it will be very difficult to pull this off. We are connected with countries all over the world with a hundred treaties that commit us to preventing the proliferation of marijuana and a lot of other substances (see: HMCS Saskatoon was part of a huge coke bust, yesterday) and I can't imagine how we disentangle ourselves from that massive legal spider web. The integration of our security services with those of the United States alone makes it daunting. Our membership in organizations like INTERPOL, perhaps even some of the UN treaties will make it damned difficult for a Liberal government, who pride themselves in their multilateralism, to go around snipping all of those connections to everyone just so the PM can keep his ill-thought-out promise.

Don't hold your breath. This thing is a minefield for the government.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Wow! Now, this is what we call an extreme view. Alcohol and tobacco are far more powerful narcotics than cannabis and are statistically proven to cause greater harm. But this chicken little mentality about pot seems to be the last bastion of the ignorant. It will not lead to the legalization of all drugs. It will not lead to a generation of zombies. It will not lead to reefer madness, man.

It will be okay, Coldstream. The world will not end if we legalize pot.

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I'm not a fan of legalisation myself. It should be decriminalized, yes but this amounts to state endorcement ...

Anyway, it will be very difficult to pull this off. We are connected with countries all over the world with a hundred treaties that commit us to preventing the proliferation of marijuana and a lot of other substances (see: HMCS Saskatoon was part of a huge coke bust, yesterday) and I can't imagine how we disentangle ourselves from that massive legal spider web. The integration of our security services with those of the United States alone makes it daunting. Our membership in organizations like INTERPOL, perhaps even some of the UN treaties will make it damned difficult for a Liberal government, who pride themselves in their multilateralism, to go around snipping all of those connections to everyone just so the PM can keep his ill-thought-out promise.

Don't hold your breath. This thing is a minefield for the government.

Not really. Smuggling is smuggling. If isn't government grade A and stamped it's illegal. There are places and cultures around the world that have strict laws regarding alcohol. The community of Rae in the NWT among others are dry communities.

This is no different.

The States are moving toward legalization, some states already have. It's just a matter of time.

Decriminalization should be done today while they work get ready for the eventual legalization.

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
Thank God for our PM.With all the issues and concerns surrounding us im sure glad that pot will be legal. Thank God, now the real change can begin.

Murphy
Conservative
I don't know about recreational marijuana, but medicinal grade stuff starts at $7/gr.

https://peacenaturals.com

Since this is medical stuff, no taxes would be charged. I'm not sure if this is representative of the industry, but since they ship through Canada Post, I cannot see there being much wiggle room on pricing. I'm not even sure Health Canada would allow different pricing for the same thing anyway. Still, if you wish to snoop, follow the link.

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

I don't know about recreational marijuana, but medicinal grade stuff starts at $7/gr.

https://peacenaturals.com

Since this is medical stuff, no taxes would be charged. I'm not sure if this is representative of the industry, but since they ship through Canada Post, I cannot see there being much wiggle room on pricing. I'm not even sure Health Canada would allow different pricing for the same thing anyway. Still, if you wish to snoop, follow the link.

My buddies say never go Canada Post.

7$ a gram from the government usually means the stuff is crap. The stuff i get for $5 a gram is way better.

Murphy
Conservative
That's starting at $7/gm. I've seen it at double that on the site. They produce many different kinds. They have a delivery van as well, so I imagine for local customers they would get to the door delivery.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Thank God for our PM.With all the issues and concerns surrounding us im sure glad that pot will be legal. Thank God, now the real change can begin.

Were stuck with him until 2019. May as well get one descent policy out of this dog. The law should have been changed years ago. And by gosh we need the the tax revenue.
I'd rather see a pot tax, than see the GST and personal income taxes hiked.
I see it as a win win.
No more wasting police and court resources on cannabis. We take the business out of the hands of criminals and we don't mess up someones life or job for smoking a joint on a weekend.

But then I'm a sixties child, anti-establishment, promoter of free love and fornication between cats and dogs.

Tecumsehsbones

Were stuck with him until 2019. May as well get one descent policy out of this dog. The law should have been changed years ago. And by gosh we need the the tax revenue.
I see it as a win win.
No more wasting police and court resources on cannabis. We take the business out of the hands of criminals and we don't mess up someones life or job for smoking a joint on a weekend.

But then I'm a sixties child, anti-establishment, promoter of free love and fornication between cats and dogs.

Figures Trudeabama wants to poison young Canadians with EEE-vil Mary Wanna.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Am I the only one on this forum who doesn't smoke dope?

Tecumsehsbones

No, I don't smoke it either. Never did. Nope, not once. Not even experimenting.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

No, I don't smoke it either. Never did. Nope, not once. Not even experimenting.

You will swear that under oath, Councellor?

Tecumsehsbones

You will swear that under oath, Councellor?

I did.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Nope, I tried it once 52 years ago. Waste of time, immediately went back to drinking beer, a hobby I enjoyed for another 25 years! Now I drink coffee.

I see it as a win win.

Tell me in 10 years how much this country has gained financially from the sale of pot!

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Pit legalization is a win all around. Druggies paying more tax so i don't have to. Spending less police resources chasing unimportant stuff and making Trumpites sniff stiffly because Justin is actually accomplishing ONE of the things he said he would while Donny fumbles.

Fixed for accuracy.

It's a foolish underestimation of the consequences of legalizing a powerful narcotic.

"Powerful narcotic" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's not even a narcotic, and it ain't that powerful.

I don't. Well there was that one time I touched some but I didn't roll any joints. Well I did roll a few joints but I didn't smoke them. Well, I smoked one of them but I didn't inhale. Well, actually I smoked all 3 of them and I inhaled deeply. And that was just today.