wonder woman

spaminator
spaminator
Wonder Woman is ‘obviously’ bisexual, says DC writer
Postmedia Network
First posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 09:50 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, September 30, 2016 10:43 AM EDT
For those who have ever pondered whether Wonder Woman may have hooked up with ladies during her time in the Amazon, the answer is “obviously yes.”
But as Greg Rucka, the current author of DC’s Wonder Woman: Year One explained, it's complicated.
Wonder Woman a.k.a. Diana Prince is an Amazonian as comic book fans already know and her home of Themyscira is a fictional paradise island populated solely by women. So when Rucka was asked about whether she's had relationships with women, he told Comicosity :
"The answer is obviously yes."
In the comics, the first man Wonder Woman meets is Steve Trevor, who accidentally washes up on the shores of her all-female paradise island. Trevor needs help on earth which prompts Diana to leave her home behind, and this, Rucka explained is why it's important the heroine not be labelled in one way.
"Are we saying Diana has been in love and had relationships with other women? ...The answer is obviously yes," he said.
"And it needs to be yes for a number of reasons. But perhaps foremost among them is, if no, then she leaves paradise only because of a potential romantic relationship with Steve. And that diminishes her character. It would hurt the character and take away her heroism."
Wonder Woman is not the first of DC's women to come out. The comic book giant confirmed last year that Catwoman was bisexual and Harley Quinn, played by Margot Robbie in this year's Suicide Squad film also had a relationship with fellow villainess Poison Ivy.
It is unknown whether the heroine’s sexuality will be explored in the film Wonder Woman, featuring Gal Gadot as the Amazonian princess and Chris Pine, which is set to hit the big screen in 2017. However, it’s no secret among fans that the character is queer, even if she doesn’t see it that way, said Rucka.
Wonder Woman is ‘obviously’ bisexual, says DC writer | Books | Entertainment | T

Walter
Bisexual my arsch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhktTPgfxBY

spaminator
Gal Gadot: Bisexual Wonder Woman makes sense
WENN.com
First posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 08:52 AM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 08:59 AM EDT
Wonder Woman actress Gal Gadot is open to the character having same sex relationships on screen.
Greg Rucka, a long-time writer on the Wonder Woman comic books recently said he believed the character would have had all-female relationships due to her mythic homeland Themyscira, being entirely populated by women.
And Gal, 31, says she also believes her version of the character could be bisexual.
"She's a woman who loves people for who they are," the Israeli star tells Variety magazine. "She can be bisexual. She loves people for their hearts."
However the star says Wonder Woman, nor her alter ego Diana Prince, will get intimate with a woman in next year's standalone movie.
"It's not something we've explored," she explains. "It never came to the table, but when you talk theoretically about all the women on Themyscira and how many years she was there, then what he said makes sense. In this movie she does not experience any bisexual relationships."
The new movie, which will tell Wonder Woman's origin story and features Star Trek actor Chris Pine as her love interest, male fighter pilot Steve Trevor, is to be directed by a female filmmaker, Patty Jenkins.
And Gal feels Patty's gender might make it easier to tell the story of the Amazonian princess turned superhero.
"Maybe because we're telling a story of a girl growing up and becoming a woman, it's easier for it to be told by someone who was once a girl and became a woman," she says.
"I feel like Patty Jenkins was the right person for the movie because she was the right person for the movie. She knew exactly how she wanted to tell her story. She knew exactly what she wanted to get. She's brilliant and smart and so passionate."
Wonder Woman is scheduled for release in June 2017, with the character also teaming up with Henry Cavill's Superman and Ben Affleck's Batman in Justice League, due out next November.
Gal Gadot: Bisexual Wonder Woman makes sense | Movies | Entertainment | Toronto

spaminator
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8fG0TtVAY

spaminator
www.youtube.com/watch?v=INLzqh7rZ-U

spaminator
spaminator
Some women-only screenings planned for

Murphy

Johnnny
On the Island of Lesbos? Id watch that for sure.

spaminator
Lebanon officially bans the new

Johnnny
I actually liked the movie.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Bisexual my arsch.

Nobody on here is surprised by that, only that you admit to it.

spaminator
'Wonder Woman 2’ gets December 2019 release date

B00Mer
Awesome movie..

https://yesmovies.to/movie/wonder-woman-20963.html

spaminator
'Wonder Woman’ Patty Jenkins director slams James Cameron’s criticism
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Friday, August 25, 2017 10:28 AM EDT | Updated: Friday, August 25, 2017 10:44 AM EDT
LOS ANGELES — The director of “Wonder Woman” says James Cameron’s criticism of the film is “unsurprising” because he can’t understand it.
In an interview with British newspaper The Guardian, Cameron called “the self-congratulatory back-patting” Hollywood’s been doing over the film “misguided.” Cameron says Wonder Woman is “an objectified icon.” He points to Sarah Connor, the gritty protagonist from his Terminator films, as a better role model.
“Wonder Woman” director Patty Jenkins fired back in a tweet Thursday night, writing that Cameron can’t understand the character because he’s not a woman. She adds that “if women have to always be hard, tough and troubled to be strong ... then we haven’t come very far.”
“Wonder Woman” has made a global total of more than $800 million at the box office since its release in June.

'Wonder Woman

spaminator
'Wonder Woman' director Patty Jenkins talks film's 'surreal' success, post-credit scenes and the Oscars
By Mark Daniell, Postmedia Network
First posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 02:33 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, September 18, 2017 02:50 PM EDT
After the critical and financial success of this summer’s Wonder Woman, director Patty Jenkins is paving the way for DC’s live-action cinematic universe.
But when she was shooting the first standalone movie to feature a female superhero since 2005’s Elektra, she just wanted to make a film that satisfied moviegoers.
“It’s so surreal, really,” Jenkins says reflecting on Wonder Woman’s record-setting box office haul. The film is the highest grossing superhero origin film of all time and was the biggest money earner this summer.
“On the one hand, I always believed that a good Wonder Woman movie could be so much more successful than people might have thought,” Jenkins muses. “But the way that our particular film was embraced, not only as a Wonder Woman movie, has been so stunning and magical. For it to be a financial success and a cultural success has been pretty incredible.”
Along with star Gal Gadot, Jenkins will return to direct Wonder Woman 2, which she is co-writing with Dave Callaham (The Expendables) and DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns. The sequel is set to open in Dec. 13, 2019, and will make Jenkins the highest-paid female director of all time.
“I’m excited for her to come to America and become the Wonder Woman we are all familiar with from having grown up around her as an American superhero,” Jenkins says of her follow-up plans. “I’d like to bring her a little farther along into the future and have a fun, exciting storyline that is its own thing. Wonder Woman 1 is so much about her becoming the person she is. I can’t wait to spring forward with who she is and have another great standalone superhero film.”
With Wonder Woman available on Blu-ray this Tuesday, Jenkins rang up to talk about resetting the rules for the superhero genre, tell us why DC fans should be excited for the future and weigh in on Wonder Woman’s chances at the Oscars.
This November, fans will see Wonder Woman back in Justice League and next year we’ll see Aquaman. Why are you excited to be part of DC’s cinematic universe?
There are a lot of great filmmakers around the DC universe and there are a lot of great characters. My favourite thing about the DC universe is some of these characters have been the greatest, most original superheroes for decades. I think there’s just exciting things to be done with them ahead and lots of different people that I’m excited about seeing. All of us are very different and we’re all going to do different things. So I can’t wait to see the variety, personally.
What are you excited for people to see on the Wonder Woman Blu-ray?
There’s so much material on the Blu-ray I kind of can’t believe it. There’s almost an entire feature documentary on the making of the movie. For the people who loved the movie it is really interesting because there’s a lot of behind the scenes content on there, but the blooper reel is hilarious, there’s an extra epilogue scene with Etta Candy that we did for the home video release. Sometimes people look at the Blu-ray and it’s like, ‘I don’t know.’ But if you enjoyed the movie there’s a lot on it.
Post-credit scenes are a staple in comic book movies. Why wasn’t there one in Wonder Woman?
I’m not always a believer in post-credit scenes. I feel like they make sense if the films are extremely similar. I think if you know the next movie is going to be set in the same world or have the exact same tone, then I think it makes sense. To me, it does not make sense to have a commercial for a completely different style of movie in the credits of another movie. One of my favourite things about the DC Universe is they were super supportive of me doing my own tone, but there’s no other movie that they have that’s of the same tone. So it just felt weird to do some other crossover. Also, the end of the movie was the end. It wasn’t, ‘Tune in later for more.’
Are there any deleted scenes that didn’t make it on to the Blu-ray?
There are no deleted scenes in the movie, but we have extensions of certain scenes on the Blu-ray. If I got my Director’s Cut, it would probably be like five minutes longer with some extra stuff that I liked, but it would be almost identically the same movie.
There’s been a lot of Oscar chatter surrounding Wonder Woman. How does that make you feel?
When you’re making a movie it’s completely all consuming; there are many things you don’t have time to think about. I certainly wasn’t thinking about the Oscars. It’s just not something you consider when you make these kinds of movies. I did the best that I could, but you kind of assume you’re not going to be considered for that kind of thing. But now, hearing that, I’m so flattered and stunned and super honoured to be in the awards conversation.
What was the best compliment you got after making Wonder Woman?
I got so many interesting comments that really moved me. But there’s an image that comes to mind of an elderly woman sitting at the back of a movie theatre. Superheroes were invented to make people imagine if they could be that powerful, what could they be like. I feel like Superman the movie did that for me. To see people who have not identified with the superhero genre experience that kind of wonderment through our movie is so powerful.
Twitter: @markhdaniell
MDaniell@postmedia.com
'Wonder Woman' director Patty Jenkins talks film's 'surreal' success, post-credi
Wonder Woman

spaminator
She spent $830K to look like Wonder Woman
By Brad Hunter, Toronto Sun
First posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 04:14 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 04:20 PM EDT
A British woman has discovered her own lasso of truth: She’s willing to spend boffo bucks to look like Wonder Woman.
Pixee Fox, 27, told U.K. gabfest This Morning that she has spent about $830,000 and had 200 procedures to replicate her Amazonian idol’s look.
Sporting balloon-sized boobs and a size 16 waist (Fox had six ribs removed to achieve that), the hosts and viewers were staggered when she compared the surgeries as both an art-form and scientific pioneer.
“For me it was never about how I looked, for me it was about this vision I had in my head,” she said. “The first thing I had done was my breasts, my lips and my eyelids. For me it was daring.”
And when pressed, she was defiant.
“I didn’t do this for vanity. It’s for science. I’m basically a pioneer in the cosmetic beauty industry,” the Balboa of Botox boasted.
But she acknowledged the procedures may harm her health. With 30J breasts, Fox said she has had to be careful.
“I’m very careful with how I pick my doctor’s, I only go to the best in the world which is why I travel,” the model said. “The only doctors who say no to working with me don’t have the skills to do the surgery/procedure in the first place.”
Pixee Fox (INSTAGRAM)

She spent $830K to look like Wonder Woman | World | News | Toronto Sun

Johnnny
With guns like that, she don't need no sword.

spaminator
James Cameron still thinks 'Wonder Woman' is an 'objectified icon' and 'not breaking ground'
WENN.COM
First posted: Thursday, September 28, 2017 09:43 AM EDT | Updated: Thursday, September 28, 2017 09:54 AM EDT
Defiant James Cameron is refusing to back down from comments he made about summer blockbuster Wonder Woman, insisting casting a beauty queen as the superheroine is far from groundbreaking.
The Titanic filmmaker launched a war of words with Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins when he called her film a “step backwards” for women in Hollywood during a recent interview with The Guardian.
Cameron suggested Linda Hamilton’s role of Sarah Connor in his Terminator films was an example of a character who defied gendered stereotypes, calling her “strong”, “troubled”, and “a terrible mother”, adding, “She earned the respect of the audience through pure grit.”
Jenkins responded via Twitter last month stating: “There is no right and wrong kind of powerful woman.”
But, in a new chat with The Hollywood Reporter, the Terminator director is doubling down, accusing Jenkins of doing just what male filmmakers have done for decades.
“Yes, I’ll stand by that (what I said),” Cameron said when asked if he still thought Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman was an “objectified icon”.
“I mean, she was Miss Israel and she was wearing a kind of bustier costume that was very form-fitting. She’s absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. To me, that’s not breaking ground. They had Raquel Welch doing stuff like that in the 60s.”
And, returning to his Linda Hamilton argument, he added, “Linda looked great. She just wasn’t treated as a sex object. There was nothing sexual about her character. It was about angst, it was about will, it was about determination. She was crazy, she was complicated... She wasn’t there to be liked or ogled, but she was central, and the audience loved her by the end of the film.
“I just think Hollywood doesn’t get it about women in commercial franchises,” he explained. “Drama, they’ve got that cracked, but the second they start to make a big commercial action film, they think they have to appeal to 18-year-old males or 14-year-old males, whatever it is. Look, it was probably a little bit of a simplistic remark on my part, and I’m not walking it back, but I will add a little detail to it, which is: I like the fact that, sexually, she had the upper hand with the male character, which I thought was fun.”

http://theguardian.com/film/2017/sep...oman-criticism
James Cameron Doubles Down on 'Wonder Woman' Critique, Details the 'Avatar' Sequels | Hollywood Reporter
James Cameron still thinks 'Wonder Woman' is an 'objectified icon' and 'not brea