What Would Happen if There Were NO MINIMUM WAGE

White_Unifier
+1
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pJvs-wpJwc

Let the facts speak for themselves.

taxslave
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
SOme people would be paid their true value.

White_Unifier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

SOme people would be paid their true value.

B... b... but then the government would need to raise social assistance premiums to discourage the unemployed from taking higher-paying jobs that pay below the current minimum wage. The government hates competition.

Hoid
If there were no minimum wage lots of people would work for less money.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

If there were no minimum wage lots of people would work for less money.

... and would pay less for goods and services... and would be free to trade with the rest of the world.

When we raise the minimum wage, we send the message that only the better educated should have the right to trade with the rest of the world and that the less educated should just stay on welfare. How compassionate!

Hoid
So lower min wage and prices would come down?

Sounds fascinating.

petros
Negotiation. In the professional salary world what you bring to the table is what matters and you negotiate for what you are worth.

In the wage world any barista can be taught how to draw a leaf in foamed milk but if you can do the latte Mona Lisa you could sell Dollarama coffee but there would still be a line of consumers who will come back again.

If the artisan foam finger is paid his worth which is 1/4 of the cost of premium roast and consumers are willing pay for an inferior product it's a big win for management.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Negotiation. In the professional salary world what you bring to the table is what matters and you negotiate for what you are worth.

In the wage world any barista can be taught how to draw a leaf in foamed milk but if you can do the latte Mona Lisa you could sell Dollarama coffee but there would still be a line of consumers who will come back again.

If the artisan foam finger is paid his worth which is 1/4 of the cost of premium roast and consumers are willing pay for an inferior product it's a big win for management.

Hows the seeding going?

The problem of minimum wage is reduced by cash transactions at the community level, often for exotic products of all sorts and completely outside of other potentialially interested parties. Minimum wages reduced to dollars, what an obscene thought.

petros
+2
Wheat and flax went in last week. A good rain yesterday has it perfect to finish barley and canola this week. If it hadn't rained I still had a 3 week window to pray for rain.

darkbeaver
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Wheat and flax went in last week. A good rain yesterday has it perfect to finish barley and canola this week. If it hadn't rained I still had a 3 week window to pray for rain.

Super, I got my fingers crossed for yer crops. It seems to be a late spring in some zones. The hail seems quite a worry to everyone in all the grow zones, lots of reports, scarry stuff.

petros
The northerns state and South MB had a big ass storm.

The hail supression pilots (Gosh bless 'em) are my heroes. After a flight over a thunder head it looks like an ice cream cone that is being melted by a hairdryer.

If they keep them from hitting 25,000ft it become a heavy rain.

Neat as shit to watch.