Canadians will forever be indebted because of Jim Flaherty.

BornRuff
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Great... Name a few maybe?

The point being, those have nothing to do with anything he did as Finance Minister. He and Harper actually fought to deregulate the finance industry earlier in the decade.

He didn't make all that oil, and if he had his way, we would have been tied up right in the market crash just like the US.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

It is clear, concise and accurate. What about this confounds you?

It's in the form of a question

Count_Lothian
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuff View Post

The point being, those have nothing to do with anything he did as Finance Minister. He and Harper actually fought to deregulate the finance industry earlier in the decade.

He didn't make all that oil, and if he had his way, we would have been tied up right in the market crash just like the US.

There was a faction in government, both Liberal and Conservative , along with a swath of Bay street bankers who during Chretien's time as Prime Minister wanted the regulations changed to that used on Wall Street. Chretien and Martin wanted non of it ,and there is little praise being shed their way for this.

Again, I would love to agree with you in order to help bring down Harperism and it's effects on Canada.

Sadly there are no real conservative choices left. Even the Reform crowd has been beleaguered to the point of a few backbenchers terrified for their jobs.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

So why does Iceland want to use the Canadian dollar?

convenience only.

Quote: Originally Posted by Count_Lothian View Post

There was a faction in government, both Liberal and Conservative , along with a swath of Bay street bankers who during Chretien's time as Prime Minister wanted the regulations changed to that used on Wall Street. Chretien and Martin wanted non of it ,and there is little praise being shed their way for this.

Again, I would love to agree with you in order to help bring down Harperism and it's effects on Canada.

Sadly there are no real conservative choices left. Even the Reform crowd has been beleaguered to the point of a few backbenchers terrified for their jobs.

Cretien and Martin saved us from ruin quite a few years ago.............no link, sorry.

Count_Lothian
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

Cretien and Martin saved us from ruin quite a few years ago.............no link, sorry.

Great Canadians do that Nuggler.
I'm old enough to realize that they surface in the various Canadian Parties that we get to vote for.

Where as Lucien Bouchard was a total self serving traitor to his country , I would agree with what Margarete Atwood said about Gilles Duceppe and his love for art and culture and his protecting culture and art.

*Pissesinthewind*
We are a Great People . We need to get over this spin that politicians produce for themselves.

petros
Ralph will be the next PM by proxy using a TV and Quebec friendly bilingual Trudeau.

coldstream
+2
We have not had an economic nationalist or true federalist in the government of Canada since Trudeau (and i had problems with many of his policies.. but at least i think he was a citizen of Canada rather than of Wall Street.)

Mulroney, Chretien, Harper have all followed, more or less, the same disastrous agenda of Globalism, dictated by the free market, free trade, anti-national, monetarist, libertarian oligarchs on Wall Street, Bay Street and the City of London. They have colllectively destroyed Canada's sovereignty and freedom of action in defining its own economic destiny.

Flaherty was an appallingly average shill for that agenda, well beyond his depth in intellect and character. He was not the 'saviour' of Canada as the media is touting him now, but a co-conspirator in its disassembly.

It is the Conservative Party that has morphed most radically from the National Policies of their founder, John A. Macdonald.. into debased grovelling servitude to their masters in the Global Investment Organism.. and their running dogs in the IMF, WTO and World Bank.
Last edited by coldstream; Apr 14th, 2014 at 01:57 PM..

Gilgamesh
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Assume you did not emit this effluent all on your own..........which means it should be cited.

Incredibly disrespectful, inaccurate, foul, and malicious garbage is all it is..............and it needs a citation, as I would like to know what particular sicko is responsible for this steaming dog turd of an article.

Not only is the article rubbish, it is stupid malicious rubbish.

I post on a few sites and this one seems to attract more crazies and hatemongers than all the others 9ut together.

Hmm, wonder why?

Gilgamesh
"Mulroney, Chretien, Harper have all followed, more or less, the same disastrous agenda of Globalism, dictated by the free market, free trade, anti-national, monetarist, libertarian oligarchs on Wall Street, Bay Street and the City of London"

ROFLMAO Thankyou so much comrade, but your Marxist rubbish killed well over 150,000,000 people in the 20th century and proved to be an utter failure.

Thanks for the laugh, but it is way past time for you to grow up.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post

"Mulroney, Chretien, Harper have all followed, more or less, the same disastrous agenda of Globalism, dictated by the free market, free trade, anti-national, monetarist, libertarian oligarchs on Wall Street, Bay Street and the City of London"

ROFLMAO Thankyou so much comrade, but your Marxist rubbish killed well over 150,000,000 people in the 20th century and proved to be an utter failure.

Thanks for the laugh, but it is way past time for you to grow up.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals MUST BE REALLY DESPERATE if they have to depend on the likes of Gilgamushforbrains to defend their record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even WORSE- Gilsmushforbrains is defending LIE-berals with INCREDIBLE LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Statistics Canada has already told us that the most costly govt in Cdn history is the one being run by our idiot Boy Justin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the second most costly govt in our history was run by Pierre Trudeau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Statscan also told us that when the Trudeaus are taken off the debt scoreboard- then the series of next most costly govts in history

were MINORITY govts run by that ODIOUS combo of LIE-berals and NDPers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by BornRuff View Post

What?
Can you point me to exactly where he says what he thinks Trudeau's finance ministers did?

How about a 741% increase in the federal debt. Or, how about taking what should have been a slam-dunk money maker in the NEB and screwing it up so badly it was running a structural deficit right from the get-go.

That's just two quick examples off the top of my head.