Is it possible for someone to be truly unbiased?


DaSleeper
#1
Right from birth, the way we think is influenced, first , by our parents, even our babysitters, brothers or sisters, then friends and teachers.

Even people we do business with will influence the opinions we have on religion, race, politics and even our trust in people in general.
If you kick your neighbour's dog often enough, don't be surprised if he barks at you every time you walk by.....

Before you judge someone bigoted or even racist, maybe you should try walking a mile in their shoes......
 
MHz
#2
Nope, the ones that get closest are the one who look (honestly) at both sides of the topic.

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Right from birth, the way we think is influenced, first , by our parents, even our babysitters, brothers or sisters, then friends and teachers.

Even people we do business with will influence the opinions we have on religion, race, politics and even our trust in people in general.
If you kick your neighbour's dog often enough, don't be surprised if he barks at you every time you walk by.....

Before you judge someone bigoted or even racist, maybe you should try walking a mile in their shoes......

That would be chew you up given the chance, other than abused animals (and people) cower when that dick enters the room.
 
petros
+2
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post


Before you judge someone bigoted or even racist, maybe you should try walking a mile in their shoes......

Yeah but then you are a mile away and have their shoes.
 
Walter
#4
Everyone has biases except lefties. Just ask them.
 
Johnnny
+1
#5
I am free of being biased. I hate everyone equally.
 
mentalfloss
#6
Libertarians think so.



Libertarians are also incredibly naive.
 
MHz
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Everyone has biases except lefties. Just ask them.

You a lefti??
 
taxslave
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Libertarians think so.



Libertarians are also incredibly naive.

And you are incredibly stupid.
 
mentalfloss
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

And you are incredibly stupid.

 
Curious Cdn
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by avro13 View Post

Libertarians.

They care for no one but themselves.

If it is a successful ideology name the place where it succeeds.

The White House
 
Mowich
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Right from birth, the way we think is influenced, first , by our parents, even our babysitters, brothers or sisters, then friends and teachers.

Even people we do business with will influence the opinions we have on religion, race, politics and even our trust in people in general.
If you kick your neighbour's dog often enough, don't be surprised if he barks at you every time you walk by.....

Before you judge someone bigoted or even racist, maybe you should try walking a mile in their shoes......

There is also the influence that religion plays in shaping our beliefs, DS - though indoctrinated might be a better term.

Edited to add: I don't think it is possible for one to be totally unbiased. I know that it is something that I struggle with a lot.
Last edited by Mowich; Oct 1st, 2017 at 02:00 PM..
 
DaSleeper
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

There is also the influence that religion plays in shaping our beliefs, DS - though indoctrinated might be a better term.

That's included in teachers....If you don't believe in teacher indoctrination, just check the speakers the Universities allow and those they refuse......
 
Mowich
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

That's included in teachers....If you don't believe in teacher indoctrination, just check the speakers the Universities allow and those they refuse......

It didn't occur to me that you would cover religion under 'teachers', DS. And yes, I do believe that teachers are in the business of indoctrination.
 
lone wolf
#14
You are what you learn from life and it's just nature to have preferences. Bias isn't a real problem. It's when one deems him/herself to be the model upon which everything and everyone should aspire the problem grows
 
Kreskin
#15
Whatever your opinions they are just a Trump tweet away from being supported or or changed.
 
Walter
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You a lefti??

No. And I have lots of biases.
 
MHz
#17
Really?? Ever hand out any reds if those topics are breached by some local poster??
 
Danbones
#18
un biased: no voltage, no current, noe resistance
:0
lol
all your biases now are belong to us!
 

Similar Threads

44
"Unbiased" CBC Coverage
by I think not | Aug 30th, 2006