Liberal Party to staff: Stop Smoking Pot or You're Fired!

Breakthrough2006
Liberal Party of Canada to Staff: Stop Smoking Pot or You're Fired!
by Marc Emery (16 Dec, 2005) Cannabis users' rights to privacy

The existence of the memo has been denied by the Liberal party. The Liberal party states that the memo is a fake.

An Executive Assistant to a sitting cabinet minister up for re-election came to Cannabis Culture with this Confidential Memorandum to all employees of the Liberal Party of Canada.

Confidential Memorandum to Employees.

On 12-09-2005 an executive motion from the leadership of the party was adopted that may or may not affect you. The executive motion is as follows:

(i) Sanctioned by the Executive Committee of the Liberal Party of Canada and put into effect by an executive motion; pursuant to the party's constitution and bylaws. Put into effect now, with a grace period until 01-26-2006. Employees and "paid members" of the Liberal Party of Canada shall refrain from consumption; in any form, of the narcotic substance called cannabis (marijuana).

(ii) This executive motion allows for in-office testing for the said substance. In addition employees suspected of other narcotic substance use may also be tested for the suspected substance.

(iii) Employees who have tested positive for scheduled substances may be terminated. Employees who have been terminated may appeal their termination.

(iv) If terminated under this executive motion he/she is entitled to full salary renumeration owed by the party.

I have scheduled testing at LPCBC for 01-26-2006 between 12:00 PM and 5:00 PM. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Jamie Elmhirst, President
Liberal Party of Canada (BC)

The person who brought in this memo says "I smoke every day and it's going to force me to choose between my Party and my lifestyle. I've smoked pot with my minister, so I'll be curious to see if Cabinet Ministers are to be tested also."

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/4607.html

Reverend Blair
So you'll be voting NDP then Breakthrough?

Breakthrough2006
I've voted for all three federal parties in my lifetime.

This time my vote is going Conservative.

Reverend Blair
Then why bring up the pot thing...Harper and his ites have the most regressive drug law policies around. Why quote Marc Emery's magazine...Harper would send him to the US to be sent to prison.

Jay
I can't find anything on the NDP site about the decriminalization of marijuana.

Reverend Blair
The policy hasn't been released yet, but the NDP has a long record of pushing for decriminalisation and harm reduction programs. They've also supported Marc Emery's efforts, including Layton appearing on pot TV.

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

I can't find anything on the NDP site about the decriminalization of marijuana.

Unfortunately, the Rev is right on this one. Harper would not decriminalize marijuana, which is dumbass. The complete legalization of marijuans is about 30 years overdue.

I'm not sure he would send Emery to the States for a nice, long jail sentence, that is straight out of the Rev's imagination, IMHO.

Jay
I don't support the legalizing of marijuana anyways. It's just going to be a tax grab and will be treated like booze and cigarettes; draconian taxes will be applied. What costs $200.00 (1 ounce) will cost a grand in the future. Screw' em.

Besides, none of the plans will support growing your own pot in the basement.

Reverend Blair
Harper would cooperate with the USA's phoney War on Drugs. He's made that clear in several statements over the years. Part of that cooperation would be sending Canadians like Emery to the US to be persecuted as political prisoners.

mrmom2
200 hundred bucks an ounce Ohh man you are being taken to the cleaners Jay I'll bet its lousy crap too :P

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

200 hundred bucks an ounce Ohh man you are being taken to the cleaners Jay I'll bet its lousy crap too :P

I thought that was a good price!

But it isn't crappy stuff.....

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

The policy hasn't been released yet, but the NDP has a long record of pushing for decriminalisation and harm reduction programs. They've also supported Marc Emery's efforts, including Layton appearing on pot TV.

We have a month to go before the election. The NDP better get their policies out there.

mrmom2
Find a way to get it there and I'll get ya some primo from a buddy for 150

Reverend Blair
There's nothing stopping you from having a plant or two in your basement now, Jay. Who would know?

Jay
My wife is a teacher. There is a certain amount of baggage that comes with a job like that, so cultivating scheduled substances in my basement isn't an option.

For others, it is more of an option for sure. But people should be able to grow a few plants for personal consumption, and perhaps supply a few buddies with some too.

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

Find a way to get it there and I'll get ya some primo from a buddy for 150

A good friend of mine went to a BC university. He was down and out so I sent him some cash, food etc. and a quarter of weed. Low and behold, he never got the box.....I don't suggest sending pot across the country.

mrmom2
Ya got that right Canada post just loves to go through peoples mail now .Orders from Martins gang .You ever try to order something anti goverment from the US You almost never get it .I ordered a shirt from a certain website and they sent 3 different shirts before i finaaly got it .The guy in the states told me Canada customs regulary blocks his shipments and others Nice free democratic society we live in eh