Anyone Care to Make an Election prediction?

#juan
No Party Affiliation
I think Canadians don't want another minority shmozzle and yet another election in a year. I think a lot of Canadians will see that, fiscally, regardless of the scandal, the Liberals have done pretty well. My prediction is as follows:

Liberals......155

Con............69

Bloc............54

NDP............30

Of course I could be wrong............

no1important
mmmmm this is tough.

I think the block will hit 60 seats.

I think NDP will hit 27 even 33

The cons will lose seats and Libs will stay the same. The Libs will lose Alberta seats (at least one Kilgours old seat and Libs may hold on to Anne McLellan's as she always squeaks in somehow), Libs will lose a few in Quebec but will gain seats from Cons in Ontario, pick up 1 or stay even in BC. NDP will pick up 2-4 in BC.

The one I think they will pick up is mine possibly as Sukh Dhalliwal is well thought of and he only lost by 300 to Gurment in a tight 3 way race. I hope the NDP pick up this one. I also think Libs will lose Van. Centre (Hedy Fry) to Svend (NDP) and the Cons will lose any on Island to NDP, maybe Nina Grewals. I think libs or NDP will get Chuck Cadmans old riding.

#juan
No Party Affiliation
You could be right no1

A lot of people, including me, think forcing this election was stupid grandstanding. I can only guess how the electorate will react, and that is where I got my prediction.....a guess....I would probably make a lousy weatherman as well....

Reverend Blair
Liberals...128
CPC.........90
Bloc........60
NDP........30

...and back to the polls before spring '07 unless the Liberals adopt PR and go to set election dates.

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan

I think Canadians don't want another minority shmozzle and yet another election in a year. I think a lot of Canadians will see that, fiscally, regardless of the scandal, the Liberals have done pretty well. My prediction is as follows:

Liberals......155

Con............69

Bloc............54

NDP............30

Of course I could be wrong............

Geez,that would be reason to stick my service revolver in my mouth and try to pull the trigger twice......Just kidding of course. I got to stay around and try and save this country.

My honest opinion is another Liberal minority. I dread it, as the NDP will wind up running the place, but it may mean we get rid of Martin sooner rather than later.

Harper as well would be gone.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Geez,that would be reason to stick my service revolver in my mouth and try to pull the trigger twice......Just kidding of course. I got to stay around and try and save this country.

Don't stay on our account. No need to off yourself either though.

Quote:

My honest opinion is another Liberal minority. I dread it, as the NDP will wind up running the place, but it may mean we get rid of Martin sooner rather than later.

Hmmm...this country has always done well when there was a Liberal Minority with the NDP holding the balance of power. It was the programs brought in during those years that had Canada winning all of those "best place to live" prizes. We've slipped since the corporate agenda began driving policy.

Roy
I predict that in my province (Alberta)the Liberals will loose their 2 seats. Mclellan and Kilgour barely won their ridings with a margin of 700 and 130 votes respectively. Same with Saskatchewan except for Goodale. In Manitoba the liberals will loose a seat or 2 to the NDP and Conservatives.

Quebec will loose Liberal seats while the Conservatives and NDP will not be able to get any seats there...which would mean more bloq seats. I think the real battle grounds will be BC and Ontario. The Conservatives and NDP will probably take some of the cake from the Liberals here.

I will go out and predict an even smaller Liberal minority, or possibly a Conservative minority. I think it's up in the air with the Liberals with the advantage currently in the polls, but things change fast.

NDP will probably pick enough seats to be in the 20-25 range
Conservatives will gain seats, I predict around 110 -120.

Roy
I have to say that if the Conservatives do forum government, it is good that it will be a minority. I don't want to give them full control just yet, but I would like to see what they do. I think the Liberals are getting a little tiresome, they seem to be getting more and more arrogant. The NDP, although I would never want them in power, I value their good ideas, and they deserve more seats at the expense of the liberals.

Me well I am still undecided on whether or not I will be voting. The one thing that might push me to vote conservative is my local MP Jim Prentice, I think hes a good man. Also I would just not want to see another Liberals minority. Heck if I was in a riding where it was the Libs and NDP neck and neck I would probably vote NDP jsut to boot out the liberals.

#juan
No Party Affiliation
There is another way to think of it Roy

Since Martin has recovered over half of the sponsership money that he was cleared of any blame for, this election is going to cost as much as the sponseship scandal; about $225 million. If you look at the Canadian economy, we are in better shape than any of the G - 7 countries. The Liberals can't be all bad. I might have voted Conservative but like most, I can't bring myself to trust Harper.

no1important
Just listining to Martin yap, he refered the conservatives as neo conservatives instead of cons. ha ha I thought that was funny, but it is all electioneering.

Jay
It isn't the first time I've heard him say that.

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan

There is another way to think of it Roy

Since Martin has recovered over half of the sponsership money that he was cleared of any blame for, this election is going to cost as much as the sponseship scandal; about $225 million. If you look at the Canadian economy, we are in better shape than any of the G - 7 countries. The Liberals can't be all bad. I might have voted Conservative but like most, I can't bring myself to trust Harper.

Had they not spent that first 225 million, we wouldn't be spending another. As far as the economy goes, Martin has brought around a mood of confidence to the markets for sure, but he is also riding the coat tails of free trade.

Said1
Free Thinker
Who said defeat?

171-130 (or something to that effect).

Roy
Quote:

good points Juan

Quote:

Had they not spent that first 225 million, we wouldn't be spending another. As far as the economy goes, Martin has brought around a mood of confidence to the markets for sure, but he is also riding the coat tails of free trade.

and I agree with this statement too Jay

I guess it comes down to if you are willing to boot the Libs and give the Conservatives a chance, or if you feel that the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

no1important
As much as I really hate to say it, I thought Martin gave a very very good speech. But my vote will still go to NDP.

Semperfi_dani
I want to qualify with the fact that I have voted Liberal more times than not. I am probably going to vote Liberal again (I am in Anne McClellans riding). With that said....

I really do feel that the Liberals will be defeated. I think back to 93 when all the polls pointed to the Conservatives holding their own...only to be slaughtered.

Now I am not saying that will happen again. But i would not be completely surprise if the cons have a minority gov't. They will certainly pickup some seats in Ontario.

What the Liberals biggest risk is losing ground in Quebec to the Bloc ..but most importantly, losing ground to the NDP, particularly in urban Ontario/BC.

It will be interesting to see if the Cons win who they will ally themselves with.

If the cons. make no ground, Harpers gone. McKay is in.

The alternative though is that the Liberals make a huge comeback. I mean, yah, they will lose Alberta..whoopie doo. But when talking about vote splitting....is there just as much credence that if voters go anything but liberal...that the ndp and cons will vote split?

Mind you..Martin's no Chretien. Sure Chretien was a crook, but he has some weird charisma that Martin lacks.

Roy
Which speech are you talking about?

Hey did any of you guys watch the grey cup yesterday,hehehe Paul Martin was booooed at the opening coin toss. lol not a good sign for him.

Semperfi_dani
Holy..i just realized how scattered my post was...i fence sit like no other! hahaha.

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

As much as I really hate to say it, I thought Martin gave a very very good speech. But my vote will still go to NDP.

I agree , but will not be voting NDP, or Conservative.

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Roy

Which speech are you talking about?

Hey did any of you guys watch the grey cup yesterday,hehehe Paul Martin was booooed at the opening coin toss. lol not a good sign for him.

He flips a damn good pancake though!

Did you miss the house vote, it ended about 15 minutes ago.

Roy
dang I am at school...maybe I should head on home to catch the coverage

no1important
Don't worry Newsworld and Newsnet will show the speaches over and over again. Plus you should be able to view them from the cbc site.

Said1
Free Thinker
Voila.

Defeat Details

Belinda Ryan
I predict , and I hope I am not wrong.. that the liberals will get in again.. possibly another minority government.. but that this stupid Christmas fiasco will have bee a complete waste of taxpayers money... Such a shame.. and I cannot vote for the party that caused it.. the Conservatives. they should be ashamed!

I think not
The Liberals have 133 seats, followed by the Conservatives with 98, the Bloc Québécois with 53 and the NDP with 18. There are four seats held by Independents and two are vacant.

How can seats be vacant?

no1important
Chuck Cadman dying is one of them.

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by no1important

Chuck Cadman dying is one of them.

One poor lad couldn't even stand up!

Roy
lol, must smell bad, decaying corpses and all the BS in parliment.

Jay
You crazy people.

I think not
"With a margin of error of plus or minus 2.5 per cent, 19 times out of 20, the poll puts the Liberals and Conservatives at a virtual dead heat. "

I thought the Libs were ahead?