Kenney elected on a lie

Hoid
During the provincial election, and on many occasions since, the government of Premier Jason Kenney has claimed the NDP government's carbon tax damaged Alberta's economy.

That claim is false, according to economic modelling contained in the Kenney government's own legal documents.

"I think not surprisingly to those of us who have studied carbon taxes, [Kenney's claims] seem quite exaggerated," said University of British Columbia political scientist Kathryn Harrison, an expert in environmental, climate and energy policy.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ents-1.5396454

Interesting that since obtaining office Kenney has managed to increase Alberta's debt by almost $2 billion

petros
+4
$16,750,000. That's the cost to GDP

Walter
+3
Everyone knows that more tax is always better.

Girth
+4
Never trust Hoid. He is a card carrying member of the Marxist-Leninist party.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Never trust Hoid. He is a card carrying member of the Marxist-Leninist party.

And you are a card carrying loony. So what?

Girth
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

And you are a card carrying loony. So what?

I am not the one who makes 500 memes that say nothing, and prove nothing.

Now run along, kiddo. I think mommy is baking some gingerbread cookies for you.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
Premier Jason Kenney doing such a great job in Alberta, I'm moving to BC.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

During the provincial election, and on many occasions since, the government of Premier Jason Kenney has claimed the NDP government's carbon tax damaged Alberta's economy.
That claim is false, according to economic modelling contained in the Kenney government's own legal documents.
"I think not surprisingly to those of us who have studied carbon taxes, [Kenney's claims] seem quite exaggerated," said University of British Columbia political scientist Kathryn Harrison, an expert in environmental, climate and energy policy.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ents-1.5396454
Interesting that since obtaining office Kenney has managed to increase Alberta's debt by almost $2 billion

Why didn't they use an expert from Alberta?

Hoid
What was the purpose of the lie?

Who would it appeal to?

Oh that's right. The White Nationalist climate change deniers.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Is Kenney actually wrong?

Hoid

Your question is unclear to me.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
From the outside looking in, it doesn't explain the caps put on by the NDP, investment drying up and Canadian business closing up shop and moving South does it?

Hoid
Do you understand that oil has gone from $100 a bbl to $50?

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3
The article is dependent on models set up by pro carbon pricing and has no basis in real life.

Hoid

Hoid
you have no basis in real life.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3

you have no basis in real life.

11% unemployment is real life

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2

Even their models showed a loss just not as much as Kenney's model

Girth
+3

What was the purpose of the lie?
Who would it appeal to?
Oh that's right. The White Nationalist climate change deniers.

Is everyone a Neo Nazi in your world?

Over 40% of Calgarians are people of colour, and feel the same way. Explain that one, Einstein.

Decapoda
+6
#20  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Is everyone a Neo Nazi in your world?

Over 40% of Calgarians are people of colour, and feel the same way. Explain that one, Einstein.

Answer: yes.

Funniest part is that he is completely oblivious of the irony that calling literally everyone a "white natty" shows his obvious bigotry and intolerant racist prejudiced against Caucaisian people. He's the biggest racist hypocrite on this board...lol.

DaSleeper
+3
People with Tourettes do that all the time repeat a word or phrase adnauseam

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Funniest part is that he is completely oblivious of the irony that calling literally everyone a "white natty" shows his obvious bigotry and intolerant racist prejudiced against Caucaisian people. He's the biggest racist hypocrite on this board...lol.

Literally everyone meaning you and the other 6?

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Even their models showed a loss just not as much as Kenney's model

Everyone's models showed that the carbon tax did not hurt Alberta's economy.

Even Kenney's own models

Decapoda
+1

Racist heterophobe trying to minimize his overt hate toward people of a certain skin colour.

Hoid
I know you are but what am I

Girth

Hoid is the kind of guy that annoyed enough people in 2016, that he paved the way for Trump to get in office. This is what political correctness leads to. Nothing good ever comes out of the mouths of Social Justice Warriors.

Serryah
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

So if I'm caucasian, and am disgusted by some caucaisian people (and black people, brown people, yellow people, red people, purple people, green)... am I racist or just a realist?

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Since being elected to lead the province of Alberta, the UCP government has eliminated thousands of jobs while diverting billions of dollars toward corporate tax breaks and a PR "war room", including a $2.5M "public inquiry" that encourages Albertans to report "anti-oil" discourse — all while doubling down on a dying, non-renewable resource industry and killing numerous programs designed to diversify and future-proof our province's volatile economy.

Hoid
+1
Because exxon can't afford to

Decapoda
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

So if I'm caucasian, and am disgusted by some caucaisian people (and black people, brown people, yellow people, red people, purple people, green)... am I racist or just a realist?

By nature of the question, I'd say you're a buffoon. But that's only a guess.