UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy


Liberalman
#1
UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy

Bus warfare: UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy - The Globe and Mail

"London, the mayor stepped in this week to stop the city’s buses from carrying the latest ad campaign from a right-wing Christian group making the claim that therapy can convert gay people to heterosexuality."

The ad, which would have run the length of several city buses, would have said: “Not gay! Ex-gay, post-gay and proud. Get over it!”

I thought being gay and lesbian was a lifestyle choice that people of the same sex made.


Can homosexuality really be cured?


What do you think?

 
Colpy
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy

Bus warfare: UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy - The Globe and Mail

"London, the mayor stepped in this week to stop the city’s buses from carrying the latest ad campaign from a right-wing Christian group making the claim that therapy can convert gay people to heterosexuality."

The ad, which would have run the length of several city buses, would have said: “Not gay! Ex-gay, post-gay and proud. Get over it!”

I thought being gay and lesbian was a lifestyle choice that people of the same sex made.


Can homosexuality really be cured?


What do you think?



I thought we had freedom of speech in this country.

Guess not.

 
lone wolf
+2
#3
Can homosexuality really be cured?

Sure.... So can concrete
 
SLM
+4
#4  Top Rated Post
No, it cannot be cured. There is nothing to cure because there is nothing wrong with them.

No, it is not a lifestyle choice. Eating healthy is a lifestyle choice, who you are attracted to and fall in love with comes from a deeper place than that.

Yes, they are free to say whatever the hell they want and express their opinions but expect to be challenged on it.
 
Spade
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I thought we had freedom of speech in this country.

Guess not.

We're in Britain? Wow, I don't even remember the trip there! How'd they do that?
 
DaSleeper
+3
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I thought we had freedom of speech in this country.

Guess not.

Nope, we have the CHRC
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#7
I don't agree with the statement but who changes their life based upon a bus advertisement?
 
DaSleeper
#8
This is Gay therapy

Funny Fight- Mad TV - YouTube
 
petros
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post


I thought being gay and lesbian was a lifestyle choice that people of the same sex made.


Can homosexuality really be cured?


What do you think?

**** no! Do you have any idea how many men and women were killed by forced hormone therapy in the 50's?
 
Goober
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy

Bus warfare: UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy - The Globe and Mail

"London, the mayor stepped in this week to stop the city’s buses from carrying the latest ad campaign from a right-wing Christian group making the claim that therapy can convert gay people to heterosexuality."

The ad, which would have run the length of several city buses, would have said: “Not gay! Ex-gay, post-gay and proud. Get over it!”

I thought being gay and lesbian was a lifestyle choice that people of the same sex made.


Can homosexuality really be cured?


What do you think?

Ah- A Liberal who only believes in Human Rights for those that fit his so called Normal.
 
taxslave
+3
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy

Bus warfare: UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy - The Globe and Mail

"London, the mayor stepped in this week to stop the city’s buses from carrying the latest ad campaign from a right-wing Christian group making the claim that therapy can convert gay people to heterosexuality."

The ad, which would have run the length of several city buses, would have said: “Not gay! Ex-gay, post-gay and proud. Get over it!”

I thought being gay and lesbian was a lifestyle choice that people of the same sex made.


Can homosexuality really be cured?


What do you think?

Only way I know to cure it is with a bullet. Then again gays and lesbians are far less of a threat to society than christians.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

We're in Britain? Wow, I don't even remember the trip there! How'd they do that?

Good drugs.
 
skookumchuck
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

This is Gay therapy

Funny Fight- Mad TV - YouTube


HAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I don't care much for crooked jeans, er genes, but that was funny!
 
Blackleaf
-1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

No, it cannot be cured. There is nothing to cure because there is nothing wrong with them.
.

That is where you are wrong.

Psychiatry: Homosexuals Can Be Cured: Psychiatry: Homosexuals Can Be Cured - TIME


Homosexuality can be cured: Psychiatrists

The Times of India

INDORE: At a time when gays are coming out in open, accepting their same-sex inclination, a section of doctors claims that homosexuality can also be a sexual orientation problem.

According to psychiatrists, not all homosexuals have natural inclination towards the same sex individuals. Many of them suffer from disorientation problem which can be cured through sexual reorientation therapy that includes counselling sessions, medication and behavior modification through Pavlov Conditioning -a type of conditioned learning which occurs because of the subject's instinctive responses.

Read more: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-28/indore/31248673_1_homosexuals-psychiatrists-sexual-behaviour

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Only way I know to cure it is with a bullet. Then again gays and lesbians are far less of a threat to society than christians.

Have you got any evidence for that outrageous statement?

Also, reading this thread one could be forgiven for thinking that Christians are the only religion who do not agree with homosexuality.
 
SLM
+4
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

That is where you are wrong.

Psychiatry: Homosexuals Can Be Cured: Psychiatry: Homosexuals Can Be Cured - TIME


Homosexuality can be cured: Psychiatrists

The Times of India

INDORE: At a time when gays are coming out in open, accepting their same-sex inclination, a section of doctors claims that homosexuality can also be a sexual orientation problem.

According to psychiatrists, not all homosexuals have natural inclination towards the same sex individuals. Many of them suffer from disorientation problem which can be cured through sexual reorientation therapy that includes counselling sessions, medication and behavior modification through Pavlov Conditioning -a type of conditioned learning which occurs because of the subject's instinctive responses.

Read more: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-28/indore/31248673_1_homosexuals-psychiatrists-sexual-behaviour

Bull sh!t. I don't buy it.

Shaming someone into denial is not 'curing them'. Reconditioning a human being is a hugely questionable practice at best. At one time, they thought they could 'cure' people of being left handed as well. Oh and it worked, they badgered, beat,and mistreated them until they finally began using their right hand. Still doesn't mean that left handedness is not naturally occuring and when they, finally, gave their head a good shake, society realized that ostracizing someone who is different did not help them and did not help society.
 
taxslave
+2
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

That is where you are wrong.

Psychiatry: Homosexuals Can Be Cured: Psychiatry: Homosexuals Can Be Cured - TIME


Homosexuality can be cured: Psychiatrists

The Times of India

INDORE: At a time when gays are coming out in open, accepting their same-sex inclination, a section of doctors claims that homosexuality can also be a sexual orientation problem.

According to psychiatrists, not all homosexuals have natural inclination towards the same sex individuals. Many of them suffer from disorientation problem which can be cured through sexual reorientation therapy that includes counselling sessions, medication and behavior modification through Pavlov Conditioning -a type of conditioned learning which occurs because of the subject's instinctive responses.

Read more: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-28/indore/31248673_1_homosexuals-psychiatrists-sexual-behaviour



Have you got any evidence for that outrageous statement?

Also, reading this thread one could be forgiven for thinking that Christians are the only religion who do not agree with homosexuality.

What outragous statement? Aside from the one you just posted.

Conditioning is what the good folks that ran the residential schools tried on the natives. We all know how good that turned out.
 
Goober
+2
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy

Bus warfare: UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy - The Globe and Mail

"London, the mayor stepped in this week to stop the city’s buses from carrying the latest ad campaign from a right-wing Christian group making the claim that therapy can convert gay people to heterosexuality."

The ad, which would have run the length of several city buses, would have said: “Not gay! Ex-gay, post-gay and proud. Get over it!”

I thought being gay and lesbian was a lifestyle choice that people of the same sex made.


Can homosexuality really be cured?


What do you think?

I would like all Cons, NDP and yes those Good Liberals, and lets include the Atheists as well to Pray for Liberalman.
That Gay is not a lifestyle choice.
 
gerryh
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

That is where you are wrong.

Psychiatry: Homosexuals Can Be Cured: Psychiatry: Homosexuals Can Be Cured - TIME


Homosexuality can be cured: Psychiatrists

The Times of India

INDORE: At a time when gays are coming out in open, accepting their same-sex inclination, a section of doctors claims that homosexuality can also be a sexual orientation problem.

According to psychiatrists, not all homosexuals have natural inclination towards the same sex individuals. Many of them suffer from disorientation problem which can be cured through sexual reorientation therapy that includes counselling sessions, medication and behavior modification through Pavlov Conditioning -a type of conditioned learning which occurs because of the subject's instinctive responses.

Read more: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-28/indore/31248673_1_homosexuals-psychiatrists-sexual-behaviour



Have you got any evidence for that outrageous statement?

Also, reading this thread one could be forgiven for thinking that Christians are the only religion who do not agree with homosexuality.



what a pile of crap. Talk about moving back 50 years. Fu cking brainless morons.
 
damngrumpy
+2
#18
This is more of the right wing Christian baiting of people to create division and stir up
the old hatred of the past. Ironic is it not, that those who claim to belong to a belief
system, that promotes love and understanding, would use some of the most questionable
and hate filled methods of communication.
Someone mentioned free speech in an open society called democracy. I find it troubling
that most people define democracy and behaviour saying the majority rules. Indeed it is
true, majority rules, however the other half of the definition of democracy is rarely ever
mentioned.
In a democracy the majority rules however the majority must also respect the minority.

It should also be remembered there was a time when these same people had left handed
people converted to using their right hand because left handed people were not natural.
I remember that as a kid, i am left handed, I refused to use my right hand and succumb
to such nonsense.
It is time to put the gay issue behind us, live and let live, and its time to ensure the religious
groups are made to obey the law of the land like everyone else no more special rights for
any group. Free speech does not allow for the singling people out for treatment by bullies
and that is what these religious groups are doing
 
L Gilbert
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy

Bus warfare: UK Christian group uses ads to preach for gay therapy - The Globe and Mail

"London, the mayor stepped in this week to stop the city’s buses from carrying the latest ad campaign from a right-wing Christian group making the claim that therapy can convert gay people to heterosexuality."

The ad, which would have run the length of several city buses, would have said: “Not gay! Ex-gay, post-gay and proud. Get over it!”

I thought being gay and lesbian was a lifestyle choice that people of the same sex made.


Can homosexuality really be cured?


What do you think?

lol I think this crap may help some confused people sort themselves out, but that's it. Homosexual people are physiologically different from heteros. That means they are pretty much genetically hardwired to be what and who they are.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

That is where you are wrong.

Psychiatry: Homosexuals Can Be Cured: Psychiatry: Homosexuals Can Be Cured - TIME


Homosexuality can be cured: Psychiatrists

The Times of India

INDORE: At a time when gays are coming out in open, accepting their same-sex inclination, a section of doctors claims that homosexuality can also be a sexual orientation problem.

According to psychiatrists, not all homosexuals have natural inclination towards the same sex individuals. Many of them suffer from disorientation problem which can be cured through sexual reorientation therapy that includes counselling sessions, medication and behavior modification through Pavlov Conditioning -a type of conditioned learning which occurs because of the subject's instinctive responses.

Read more: http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-28/indore/31248673_1_homosexuals-psychiatrists-sexual-behaviour

roflmao Hilarious nonsense. Thanks, mate. But I agree that there may be some people who call themselves homosexual but are only confused.
 

Similar Threads

2
Christian militia group
by Socrates the Greek | Mar 29th, 2010
55
34