What has the internet taken away from you?

Kreskin
While the internet has opened a vast communication and information network, what has it taken away from you?

Zan
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

While the internet has opened a vast communication and information network, what has it taken away from you?

My ignorance. Well, some of it. Also my rose-coloured glasses. If anyone finds 'em, please pm me.

I've gained far more than I've lost tho - the world of information that is available to me, and a world full of people I'd never have met without the internet.

All in all, a fair trade I guess.

AmberEyes
Very little. If anything I'd say it's enriched my life. The wealth of information one can find on the internet is astounding... granted, a lot of it is crap, but then the internet teaches us how to ignore that, too. I have no problems with it's "lawlessness."

karrie
Time... tons and tons of my time.

But I've gained some great friends and a huge amount of knowledge. So, I'd say it was time well spent.

scratch
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

Time... tons and tons of my time.

But I've gained some great friends and a huge amount of knowledge. So, I'd say it was time well spent.

I agree.

quandary121
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

My ignorance. Well, some of it. Also my rose-coloured glasses. If anyone finds 'em, please pm me.

I've gained far more than I've lost tho - the world of information that is available to me, and a world full of people I'd never have met without the internet.

i would like to second that ,all apart from the rose coloured glasses bit lol

quandary121
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

i would like to second that ,all apart from the rose coloured glasses bit lol...

usccastsucker
So much info that used to be free.

Sparrow
+1
#9  Top Rated Post
I am very curious and it has given me a world of information. It has allowed me to discuss a variety of subject with many people who have different views.

Johnny Utah
YouTube - LOL and LMFAO
Even though this is from Californication it sums up the impact of the internet on society..

bill barilko
I've gained much more than was ever lost.

SLM
I would have to echo the majority of sentiment expressed in that gains far exceed the losses.

It still amazes me when I stop and think about it that we can have real time relevant dialogue with other people on the other side of the globe or even across the country. There can be real value in that I think.