Spend a year in either a Chinese or American Prison- two shameful prison systems

View Poll Results: Spend a year in either a Chinese or American Prison- two shameful prison systems
I would spend the year in a U.S. Prison 8 88.89%
I would spend the year in a Chinese Prison 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

CDN87
It's pretty obvious that the US and China are two of the worst nations on the face of this planet when dealing with prison systems. Both systems are in extremely bad shape and are lacking human rights. Bother have guards that mistreat prisoners. Both are extremely violent and dirty.

Now, the question is:

If you are to spend one year in EITHER one, which do you choose?

tamarin
Conservative
Prisons are for people who refuse to accept the responsibility of citizenship. I'm sure Chinese prisons are far worse. An authoritarian state doesn't need to justify itself to anyone.

karrie
No Party Affiliation
Anyone who wants to see an interesting contrast between the two, watch the TV movie 'Strip Search' with Maggie Gyllenhall. Incredible movie.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
I chose the US system simply because Americans speak English (sort of). Be a bugger to be stuck in prison with people you cannot understand and vice versa. Although I spose it'd be one way to learn a bit of Chinese. There are better ways, though.

karrie
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

I chose the US system simply because Americans speak English (sort of). Be a bugger to be stuck in prison with people you cannot understand and vice versa. Although I spose it'd be one way to learn a bit of Chinese. There are better ways, though.

The only reason I chose american is proximity to family. I think Chinese prisoners would be easier to take in a prison brawl though. lol.

Tonington
Unless they know any martial arts...

Hehe, couldn't help the stereotype

thomaska
Quote: Originally Posted by CDN87 View Post

It's pretty obvious that the US and China are two of the worst nations on the face of this planet when dealing with prison systems. Both systems are in extremely bad shape and are lacking human rights. Bother have guards that mistreat prisoners. Both are extremely violent and dirty.

Now, the question is:

Can't say I really give a **** about the "rights" of murderers, rapists, and child molestors. But I guess some people just can't help feeling sorry for them.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Unless they know any martial arts...

Hehe, couldn't help the stereotype

lol. A prison full of Bruce Lees, Jet Lis, Chow Yun Fats, and Jackie Chans. Carradine doesn't count.

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation

Now, the question is:

Prison isn't supposed to be fun pal. With that said, can you name a country in the world where there isn't abusive guards? Or a maximum security prison which isn't violent?

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

Anyone who wants to see an interesting contrast between the two, watch the TV movie 'Strip Search' with Maggie Gyllenhall. Incredible movie.

I'd spend a year in any prison with Maggie Gyllenhaal. She is a Q-T.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Prison isn't supposed to be fun pal.

It is in Canada. lol
Can we say "spa resorts"?

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

QT? http://www.qtips.com/

Colpy
Conservative

Now, the question is:

HE He Ho Ho, you've GOT to be kidding!

Or what are you smoking?

Let's see.......US prisons..... access to lawyers, libraries, educational material, TVs, exercise rooms, educational opportunities.........

China......access to surgeons to yank out your liver for sale on the open market......whether you like it or not.

Man some of you people have yourheads SO solidly jammed up your arse........

TenPenny

It is in Canada. lol
Can we say "spa resorts"?

Ya never been to Renous, have ya?

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
Never even heard of Renous. Have a friend that owned a Renault once.

Um, right on, Colpy.

eh1eh

QT? http://www.qtips.com/

It's phonetic. Q-T = cutie

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
Just yankin yer chain, Eh1.

karrie
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

Well, considering you get to see her naked in the movie, I tend to assume most men have seen it, but, it's surprising how few actually have. lol. She is super cute.