Chief Trump Allies and His Own Daughter Registered to Vote in Two States

mentalfloss
Oh brother

Steve Bannon registered to vote in two states despite Trump's cries of 'voter fraud'

A senior White House adviser to Donald Trump is registered to vote in two different states, a practice that the US president wrongly claimed amounted to electoral fraud on Wednesday as he called for an inquiry.

Stephen Bannon registered to vote in New York shortly before the presidential election last year, after the Guardian disclosed that he was registered to vote at a vacant house in Florida where his ex-wife had once lived.

Bannon, whose registration lists a rented apartment in Manhattan as his address, cast his ballot for Trump in New York, according to a source familiar with his arrangements, who was not authorized to speak to the media.

Bannon, however, also remains registered to vote in Florida, according to state records. His registration lists as his address the home of Andy Badolato, a friend of Bannon’s who has worked on some of his political documentary films and written for Breitbart News, the far-right website that Bannon controlled before entering the White House as chief strategist and senior counselor to the president.

His registration in Florida was moved to Badolato’s home shortly after the publication of the Guardian report in August. Bannon has not cast a ballot in Florida, according to state records. Badolato, who was also registered to vote at the home with his adult sons, declined at the time to answer questions on whether Bannon actually lived at the property, which is required under the registration rules of the Florida division of elections.

In a pair of tweets early on Wednesday morning, Trump said that arrangements such as Bannon’s were unacceptable as he appeared to threaten a crackdown on access to the ballot box.

“I will be asking for a major investigation into VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states, those who are illegal and … even, those registered to vote who are dead (and many for a long time). Depending on results, we will strengthen up voting procedures!” the president wrote.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...on-voter-fraud

taxslave
Free Thinker
Is voter registration different for state/municipal voting than federal? Or is the guardian just blowing smoke as usual?

EagleSmack
+1
Looks like these mostly blue states need to clean up their voting rolls. Nobody goes to city hall "unregister" to vote when they move.

#threadfail

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Is voter registration different for state/municipal voting than federal? Or is the guardian just blowing smoke as usual?

You register to vote and that covers state, local, and federal elections.

Now if those 3 voted multiple times in the same election... that is fraud.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

There are no Federal elections.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Ah, poor Smack and Slave will be busy for the next 4 years trying to deflect the truth from the Narcissist-in-Chief. I doubt the Cheeto head will make it through the first few months. His ego is so easily enraged by negative reports of his totalitarian antics that he will just explode all over the Offal Office one day (soon, I hope). That should easy Smack's burden.
Last edited by Cliffy; Jan 25th, 2017 at 05:17 PM..

EagleSmack
+1
^

#falseprediction

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

That should easy Smack's burden.

#ease

mentalfloss
+2
#7  Top Rated Post

Ah, poor Smack and Slave will be busy for the next 4 years trying to deflect the truth from the Narcissist-in-Chief. I doubt the Cheeto head will make it through the first few months. His ego is so easily enraged by negative reports of his totalitarian antics that he will just explode all over the Offal Office one day (soon, I hope). That should easy Smack's burden.

This is honestly much much better than if Hillary won.

EagleSmack
+1

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

This is honestly much much better than if Hillary won.

Yup. I think there will be a lot of exploding heads soon. It'll be like the 4th of July everyday.

EagleSmack
+1

mentalfloss

Yup. I think there will be a lot of exploding heads soon. It'll be like the 4th of July everyday.

The melt down is incredible.

Mowich
Conservative
Millions Registered to Vote in More Than One State

And that is an article from way back in 2014.

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Millions Registered to Vote in More Than One State

And that is an article from way back in 2014.

Ummmmm........First thing I always do is find out who's who behind websites which give you a basis for what you are about to read......That’s why the Heritage Foundation team created a digital-first, multimedia news platform called The Daily Signal.

About The Daily Signal - The Daily Signal

Mowich
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

Ummmmm........First thing I always do is find out who's who behind websites which give you a basis for what you are about to read......That’s why the Heritage Foundation team created a digital-first, multimedia news platform called The Daily Signal.

About The Daily Signal - The Daily Signal

www.scribd.com/document/82593072/Pew-Upgrading-Voter-Registration

Danbones
Free Thinker

The melt down is incredible.

you got goo on the floor?
eeewww!
better wipe that up before your mom gets home

any proof they voted more then once?
no?
OP fail..or failed OP
take your pick
only two choices you got here

Locutus
+2
It is not in itself illegal to be registered to vote in two states. It would be illegal to cast ballots in two different states.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

eeewww!

no?
OP fail..or failed OP
take your pick

Typical snowflake!

mentalfloss

eeewww!

no?
OP fail..or failed OP
take your pick

Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

It is not in itself illegal to be registered to vote in two states. It would be illegal to cast ballots in two different states.

You do realize that we're all well aware of that, right?

tay
Why is this thread in Canadian Politics...?

Reminder: In an anti-recount filing, Trump’s lawyers said the election was ‘not tainted by fraud or mistake’

After he won and Democrats attempted to challenge his victory in the key states of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, Trump reversed his position. In a filing in the Michigan case, his campaign argued that “all available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake.” Even after winning the election, getting inaugurated president, and arguing in court that voter fraud didn’t affect the outcome of the 2016 election, Trump still can’t let this issue go, suggesting that he’s still bothered by his incomplete victory.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.94365ad568e0

mentalfloss
Why is this thread in Canadian Politics...?

Voter registration fraud.

Danbones
Free Thinker

You do realize that we're all well aware of that, right?

then this thread exists for why?

to explain the mess on your floor to your mom?

then this thread exists for why?
to explain the mess on your floor to your mom?

remember that post

mmuahahahahah

mentalfloss
I would explain it to you, but it's so obvious you should really figure it out for yourself.

mentalfloss
Figure it out yet?

DaSleeper
+2
Cheap bump for you for a useless thread!
With nothing original to say

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
good excuse to greenthumb ya though
accuracy of opinion does count with some of us

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Poor Trumpites. They're going to get dizzy running around putting out Trump fires. It seems saying or tweeting something stupid is becoming a daily occurrence.

I see on the news this morning, Donny was nattering again about the wall that's gonna be built (and already exists according to Danbones)...too funny. Trump is managing to do something no Canadian politician has been able to do so far (make Justin look somewhat capable)

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

It seems they are having a tough time wrapping their little heads around that. Also that it is the responsibility of cities and towns to ensure the voter registration is accurate. People move all the time and nobody goes to city or town hall to un-register.

I love the salty rage though!

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

It seems they are having a tough time wrapping their little heads around that. Also that it is the responsibility of cities and towns to ensure the voter registration is accurate. People move all the time and nobody goes to city or town hall to un-register.

I love the salty rage though!

If Hillary had done it, they probably would have been defending her too.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

If Hillary had done it, they probably would have been defending her too.

I'd say that there is a good chance that they are registered in multiple places.

JamesBondo
And this is Canadian politics why?