Crocodile found buried under primary school

Blackleaf
The remains of a crocodile have been found buried beneath the floorboards of a Welsh primary school.

Stunned builders carrying out renovation work in Rhondda, South Wales, stumbled across the decomposed carcass.

Mystery swirls around how the five-foot long predator ended up there, as its discovery proves decades-old rumours true one was once at the school.

Stunned builders discover a CROCODILE buried under a classroom floor at a Welsh primary school

Remains of a crocodile have been found underneath a Welsh primary school

Stunned builders carrying out renovation work in Rhondda made the discovery

Mystery swirls around how the large predator ended up at the school

By Luke Andrews For Mailonline
4 August 2019

The remains of a crocodile have been found buried beneath the floorboards of a Welsh primary school.

Stunned builders carrying out renovation work in Rhondda, South Wales, stumbled across the decomposed carcass.

Mystery swirls around how the five-foot long predator ended up there, as its discovery proves decades-old rumours that one was once at the school.

The remains of a crocodile have been found buried beneath the floorboards of a Welsh primary school in Rhondda, South Wales. The five-foot long predator was found by stunned builders

The decomposed head of the crocodile with flecks of skin still attached. Decades-old rumours claim that the predator was first brought to the school by a local soldier at the end of World War One

Headmaster of Ysgol Gynradd Gymraeg Bodringalt Dr Neil Pike said although he had heard rumours about the reptile - which may have been alive while at the school - they were always dismissed as 'old myth'.

'I'd heard a story that parents and school staff had buried a crocodile under the school some time between the two world wars,' he said.

'I thought it was an old myth and I didn't take much notice until Thursday morning when I went to check the building work at the school.

'Laid on the floor of the hall was the crocodile.

'It is said to have been exhibited for some time before burial. Perhaps we will know all the history now.'

Urban legend has it that the beast was taken to the school in the 1920s by a World War One soldier, reports The Sun.

It was then exhibited for a time before being buried.

Ysgol Gynradd Gymraeg Bodringalt school in Rhondda, South Wales, where the crocodile was found. Former headteacher Marian Roberts said she had heard rumours about the reptile since she was a little girl and that people used to come to the school to ask about it

The school's former headteacher, Marian Roberts, said her father had been talking about the crocodile since she was a little girl.

'When I went there in 1961', she said, 'he asked me where the crocodile was.'

'When I was the head teacher then, people who were coming to the school asked if he was still there - he obviously had an impact on people.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ry-school.html

Curious Cdn
Any remains of students inside the remains of the crocodile?

Wise
Maybe they did not notice crocodile while constructing the building.

Curious Cdn
Didn't that continuous "tick-tock-tick-tock" raise any suspicions?

spaminator
what a croc

Curious Cdn
Does the Prince of Whales know about this?

Blackleaf
Ysgol Gynradd Gymraeg Bodringalt - Bodringalt Welsh Primary School.

Although it's completely backward in Welsh. Literally translated: School Primary Welsh Bodringalt.

Speaking Welsh is partly like speaking English backward.

Of course, thanks to the EU's unlimited immigration, Polish has since replaced Welsh, one of Britain's great native languages, as the second-most spoken language in Britain.

It's no wonder Wales voted for Brexit.

But, as many people around the world believe, Brexit is a racist and bigoted thing and is all round bad, isn't it? Because preserving your national ancient heritage - such as a native language - against foreign takeover is bad and racist, right?

Of course, most people outside the EU are oblivious as to its true nature and what it's like to live within it.
Last edited by Blackleaf; 2 weeks ago at 05:23 PM..

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Ysgol Gynradd Gymraeg Bodringalt - Bodringalt Welsh Primary School.
Although it's completely backward in Welsh. Literally translated: School Primary Welsh Bodringalt.
Speaking Welsh is partly like speaking English backward.
Of course, thanks to the EU's unlimited immigration, Polish has since replaced Welsh, one of Britain's great native languages, as the second-most spoken language in Britain.
It's no wonder Wales voted for Brexit.

Speaking English is kind of like speaking Franco-Kraut.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Speaking English is kind of like speaking Franco-Kraut.

Weird that a Germanic language should sound sort of Germanish. Don't you think?

Next you'll be telling us that that Welsh sounds Corno-Breton.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Weird that a Germanic language should sound sort of Germanish. Don't you think?
Next you'll be telling us that that Welsh sounds Corno-Breton.

There's a good Kraut word ..."Welsh" .... "Valsk" ...foreigner.

Blackleaf

There's a good Kraut word ..."Welsh" .... "Valsk" ...foreigner.

And in German and Dutch - the sister languages of English - the word for "Welsh" is "Kymrisch", similar to the Welsh words for "Welsh" (depending on how you use them in a sentence) - "Cymraeg", "Gymraeg"...

And Welsh is as much of an English language as a Welsh language. It is spoken as a native language by English people living near the Welsh border - in Shropshire and Herefordshire and Gloucestershire.

Unfortunately, thanks to the EU, the language is being eroded by the languages of bleeding foreigners coming here...
Last edited by Blackleaf; 2 weeks ago at 06:17 PM..

Blackleaf
I've just seen a strange creature scuttle across the marble bench I'm sat on on Victoria Square.

Curious Cdn
Rattus Norwegicus

Blackleaf

Rattus Norwegicus

The debut album by The Stranglers!

I've seen lots of rats scurrying around late at night while coming home from work, but I think this was some sort of large beetle.

Blackleaf

The Stranglers - "Golden Brown" (1981)

https://youtu.be/z-GUjA67mdc