ABEXIT - is it time for Alberta to think about leaving Canada?

B00Mer
Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta & B.C. Want To "Separate" From Canada | MTL Blog

Alberta on its own or with BC, and Sask..

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
If you take Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan with you you have a better name "ABSexit"

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

If you take Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan with you you have a better name "ABSexit"

With a hot spokeswomen

damngrumpy
+1
Albertan's are going through a rough patch we have all had those
Most of the problem stems from having a government for forty some
years that didn't diversify and now they are paying the price. No I do
not wish them ill we have all had these troubled times and people
suffer. I hope they use the time wisely to evoke change and work to
minimize the next downturn.
The present government is working to diversify and they are working
with companies this is a good sign will there be a quick fix, no there
never is a quick fix

Angstrom
We should definitely leave the USA

Johnnny
+2
Anyone leaving Canada is just trying to get away from Ontario and Quebec lol

Corduroy
+1
Manitoba, Saskatchewan Alberta and BC don't want to leave Canada.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Manitoba, Saskatchewan Alberta and BC don't want to leave Canada.

Say's who?

Defeated Harper supporters call for independent “Republic of Western Canada”

Western Block Party

Corduroy
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Say's who?

Says me and if you asked the people in those provinces, says them.

Mowich

Say's who?

Defeated Harper supporters call for independent “Republic of Western Canada”

Western Block Party

What's with all the secessionist bs, Boomer. There have long been certain factions that support leaving Canada. They never went anywhere back in the day and they aren't going anywhere today or tomorrow or in the years to come.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

What's with all the secessionist bs, Boomer. There have long been certain factions that support leaving Canada. They never went anywhere back in the day and they aren't going anywhere today or tomorrow or in the years to come.

Boom's a mite excitable.

Remington1
+1
To go where, the US!! hahahaha

Durry
Yep, time for AB to start talking about separating. Separating is kinda the wrong word to use, I would say it's like your daughter leaving home because she wants to live on her own. No harm in that that eh.

Hmmm I wonder if we could convince SK to join us?

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Says me and if you asked the people in those provinces, says them.

Actually, you should get out more.

Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Yep, time for AB to start talking about separating. Separating is kinda the wrong word to use, I would say it's like your daughter leaving home because she wants to live on her own. No harm in that that eh.

Hmmm I wonder if we could convince SK to join us?

You tell'em Durry!!

Separatists getting louder with a quiet Alberta economy

Johnnny
A province separating in Canada....anyone at that, would be dumb... Britain's got aircraft carriers and ****, Canada as a whole got to stay together....

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

A province separating in Canada....anyone at that, would be dumb... Britain's got aircraft carriers and ****, Canada as a whole got to stay together....

Looks like Scotland may be looking to separate.. why can't Alberta? Hell why not Quebec.

Brexit: Nicola Sturgeon says second Scottish independence vote 'highly likely' - BBC News

The BREXIT has proven to the world, have a democratic vote.. let the citizens living there decide.

With the rest of Canada rejecting Alberta Oil, our pipelines.. and trying to enforce Cap & Trade.. lets take a vote.

HarperCons
When's B00meXit going to happen

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

When's B00meXit going to happen

Right after TruedEXIT...

Just kidding.. starting to like Trudeau.. after watching Trump.

WLDB

Right after TruedEXIT...

I would have thought that would make you want to stay, not go.

With the rest of Canada rejecting Alberta Oil, our pipelines.. and trying to enforce Cap & Trade.. lets take a vote.

Lets say Alberta separates. Do you really think that would make it any easier getting Alberta oil to market? You'd be surrounded on all sides by foreign countries and be landlocked. Foreign countries would likely be less accommodating than the one you are in now.

A lot of the other stuff you are complaining about are being done by the government Albertans themselves put in.

mentalfloss
+1
We already call it Exberta.

Angstrom
+1
Alberta should definitely exit the EURO zone.

B00Mer
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

...and seems to be growing. Feb/2016

Alberta separation rumbles grow louder

Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Lets say Alberta separates. Do you really think that would make it any easier getting Alberta oil to market? .

Just say'in, I wouldn't vote for Alberta separation, but you might want to read this article.

Peter Zeihan says Alberta would be better off as 51st U.S. state

BUT, I would like to see each and every Province have the same equal rights that have been given to Quebec.

B00Mer

Catchy.

MHz
+1
Perhaps Ontario and Quebec could exit instead.

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

But what would we do with out maple syrup, cheese curd, and poutine?

Danbones
only after Texit
then the whole planet can depixelate

Corduroy
+1

Exatchewan

Manitexit

British Columxit

So far, you're only evidence that these provinces want separate are a Facebook group with no one in it and a 1990s looking website run by some basement crank. There's better evidence for Big Foot than any actual Western movement to leave Canada. You're living in a fantasy world.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Why? We were here first

bluebyrd35

Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta & B.C. Want To "Separate" From Canada | MTL Blog

Alberta on its own or with BC, and Sask..

How silly.....just as silly as PQ Separatism. There is a reason why most of Canada's territory has united.....Because, there is back-up from those of our own when things go bad. Just as Lac Megantic in PQ and the fires of Fort McMurray got the backing of most of Canada. Of course when things are going well, sharing the wealth is always a negative reaction from those who cannot see farther than their own noses.

You tell'em Durry!!

Separatists getting louder with a quiet Alberta economy

To make Alberta great again would mean adding to the poisoning of the rest of the world. While it was a set back it was inevitable that oil goes the way of coal. Unlike coal, oil will always be in fair demand. But in the end it will be the sun that will provide most of our energy in the future. Like PQ and its harnessing of water, that provides electricity, Alberta will once more be reasonably well off through it's resources. But looking forward to the future, it behooves us to look forward to when it becomes depleted. The aim should be about renewable resources which will benefit all.

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

To make Alberta great again would mean adding to the poisoning of the rest of the world.
While it was a set back it was inevitable that oil goes the way of coal. Unlike coal, oil will always be in fair demand. But in the end it will be the sun that will provide most of our energy in the future. Like PQ and its harnessing of water, that provides electricity, Alberta will once more be reasonably well off through it's resources. But looking forward to the future, it behooves us to look forward to when it becomes depleted. The aim should be about renewable resources which will benefit all.

Do you drive an electric car? or are you just another condescending hypocrite?