Canada selling drugs to Americans.

Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I'd favor that. There's two (or more) tier health care everywhere in the world. Denying that is simply. . . well, denial.

gaining traction up here due to the long wait times for surgeries

Tecumsehsbones
Take your pills.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

gaining traction up here due to the long wait times for surgeries

Your two-tier system is "Provincial healthcare or crossing the border."

As I said, all healthcare is two tier. Might as well bite the bullet and admit it. Then a country can administer it rationally.

MHz
Just how does that work. One side gets experimented on and the other side gets the good meds??

Twin_Moose

As I said, all healthcare is two tier. Might as well bite the bullet and admit it. Then a country can administer it rationally.

Nope illegal to operate private pay for clinics here

MHz
The rich don't visit clinics, they visit doctors with their own office. Let me guess which group you belong to, lol.

Curious Cdn

It is "single payer" but only about 2/3rds of it.

That 2/3rds of our health care is enough to keep most of us going, smoothly.

When my children were born, no invoice was issued to us. Not even by the Midwives that we had in attendance (who also looked in on my wife for a month afterwards). We brought home a baby, not a bill for thousands.

Tecumsehsbones

What part of "cross the border" is eluding you?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

It is "single payer" but only about 2/3rds of it.
That 2/3rds of our health care is enough to keep most of us going, smoothly.
When my children were born, no invoice was issued to us. Not even by the Midwives that we had in attendance (who also looked in on my wife for a month afterwards). We brought home a baby, not a bill for thousands.

Yep. I have no beef with your system. I don't think it's the best, I think a hybrid of the French, Australian, and Japanese systems would work best for the U.S., preferably on a state-by-state basis. But we could copy yours word for word and be in a much better situation.

Curious Cdn
+1

Yep. I have no beef with your system. I don't think it's the best, I think a hybrid of the French, Australian, and Japanese systems would work best for the U.S., preferably on a state-by-state basis. But we could copy yours word for word and be in a much better situation.

You will never, ever be allowed to have a different system from the one that you have. Those multi-trillion dollar lobbies are more powerful than any temporal authority in your country.

It will Never happen.

captain morgan
+2

Shouldice Clinic in Ontario has been operating privately for decades... Cambie Clinic in YVR for many years as well.

Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Shouldice Clinic in Ontario has been operating privately for decades... Cambie Clinic in YVR for many years as well.

Here in the home of healthcare the interest to open private clinics is there but the will isn't, they don't want to smear the legacy of Tommy

captain morgan

Here in the home of healthcare the interest to open private clinics is there but the will isn't, they don't want to smear the legacy of Tommy

I hear ya.

The door is opened for private care as a result of the Province(s) delisting procedures in order to get the budget match what they can deliver.

Danbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Ohip covered my stay at shouldice. It was foreigners ( like a NY police cap't I met there) who paid in cash. He was HAPPY to pay for the quality work they do.

Having seen and lived the comparison in fail rates compared to ANYBODY else, I can see why.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Ohip covered my stay at shouldice. It was foreigners ( like a NY police cap't I met there) who paid in cash. He was HAPPY to pay for the quality work they do.
Having seen and lived the comparison in fail rates compared to ANYBODY else, I can see why.

Shouldice ... do they have a Psych ward?