Canada's Identity Crisis

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

That's where 3/5s of the Canadian population live.
Wait 'til you tough guys become the 51st State of the US. Your yotal population will be 3/100ths of that of the United States and boy will you ever have political clout, then. Right now, the Americans are swimming in oil too and that part won't impress them, either.

You keep forgetting we only rent Canada from FNs. Treaties are merely leases.

We don't have Property Rights.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I live in a riding that switches back and forth. It swung Liberal last election after being Tory for a few. We have Tory Ridings directly to the North and West of us in the Halton region but Peel, Mississauga to the East have those high immigrant populations that tend to vote Liberal ... for some inexplicable reason.

Pork barrel, whoever takes the biggest bribes gets in.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Mom gave you a bigger allowance?

Ford is well known to some of us. I used to purchase product from his company, but no more! He's not on our list of "ethical suppliers" and he charges too much for too little.

One of the principals in our company was a high school classmate with Doug, the neighbourhood drug dealer. The amazing thing about Doug is that he isn't in jail ... yet.

The Provincial Tories could have done so much better here but instead, Doug hijacked their convention and now they'll be backbenchers for another fifteen years after their mandate ends.

Disaster Doug. Doug the Thug.

petros
You bought hash from the cul-de-sac?

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You bought hash from the cul-de-sac?

I don't come from either Etobicoke or Ontario.

petros
+1
I know. Regina.

Were you smoking the KGB "Montreal" black hash or the CIA "gold seal" red back in the day?

Curious Cdn
Let's see now ... Moroccan, Kashmiri and Afghan ...