Army horses enjoy beach summer camp

Blackleaf
For three weeks each year, the British Army's Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment swaps its London base for a summer camp in Norfolk.

They arrived earlier this month and have since taken part in various ride-outs.

The latest, to mark the retirement of Maj Richard Chambers, saw them accompanied on Holkham beach in Norfolk by photographer Chris Taylor.

In pictures: British Army horses enjoy beach summer camp

BBC News
20 July 2019

The Holkham beach ride-out is a key activity during the regiment's visit

For three weeks each year, the British Army's Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment swaps its London base for a summer camp in Norfolk.

They arrived earlier this month and have since taken part in various ride-outs.

The latest, to mark the retirement of Maj Richard Chambers, saw them accompanied on Holkham beach in Norfolk by photographer Chris Taylor.

Part of the trip includes a ride-out on Holkham beach, which is often the first time many of the horses experience the sea

Maj Chambers said he had been lucky to "enjoy a career of over 33 years working with some amazing animals"

Riding on the coastline also allows for riders to bond with their animals

It is one of a number of equestrian training exercises completed during the annual trip

The cavalrymen, all serving soldiers, are world famous for their state ceremonial duties

The mounted regiment is made up of the Life Guards and the Blues and Royals - the army's most senior regiments

Up to 200 soldiers and 130 horses take part in the visit

Chris Taylor described the combination of Holkham beach, horses and a sunset as a "photographer's dream"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-49044507

taxslave
+2
That will be great if someone from Atlantis invades. Most countries with advanced militaries have traded in their horses for tanks aircraft and rifles that hold more than one bullet.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That will be great if someone from Atlantis invades. Most countries with advanced militaries have traded in their horses for tanks aircraft and rifles that hold more than one bullet.

They are after 1 single fox. They have been best friends with the French through how many surrenders?

taxslave
+3
#4  Top Rated Post
Hopefully they will surender to a french chef and learn how to cook.

petros
+2

Hopefully they will surender to a french chef and learn how to cook.

They'd still boil everything.

MHz
+1
Just those deemed to be witches.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Just those deemed to be witches.

Ham is a witch?

taxslave
+1
Cloven hoof and all.

Blackleaf

Here are the men of Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians):

And that's before I even mention the Mounties.

Including reserves for both, the British Army numbers 107,500 and the Canadian Army numbers a paltry 40,000. The British Army is 2.5 times bigger than the Canadian Army even though Britain is an island.

Britain also meets NATO defence spending requirements. Canada, of course, doesn't.

Maybe get your defensive shit in order first before disparaging Britain's superior and stronger military.
Last edited by Blackleaf; 4 weeks ago at 08:58 PM..

Danbones
Ah yes whorse and beatches

Why do you call us to be in the front lines when ever YOUR nuts are in the fire, and YOU need someone to save you?
oh:

"Including reserves for both, the British Army numbers 107,500 and the Canadian Army numbers a paltry 40,000. The British Army is 2.5 times bigger than the Canadian Army even though
Britain is an island.

Well...NO MAN is an Island dood...I guess it's because you need real men around because it isn't play time anymore...and your enemies have guns, ships, and smallpox blankets, too now. YOU brits never could do a straight up fair fight on your own. LOL, like a Bunch of silly queens.

But like May lied about Putin, or the way Blair lied about Saddam (40 minutes, LOL!!!), or the way steele lied anout Trump, you shoot off your lyin' mouths off, and start wars all of the time, and hide behind the US and nato and the EU, like you are doing to Assad and Syria now. How chikinSh!T is that?

The current population of the United Kingdom is 66,983,183
https://www.worldometers.info/world-...uk-population/

Canada Population clock (live) 37,484,407 Current population
https://countrymeters.info/en/Canada

Nice to see you lazy louts are taxing your peeps straight up the bum too.

The British diaspora

The British diaspora consists of British people and their descendants who emigrated from the present-day United Kingdom, or people who have acquired British Nationality through colonisation. The diaspora is concentrated in countries such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong

Canada brit desent 10,753,94531%2016 Canadian Census[4]
PLUS
Canada:brit citizens 603,000
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_diaspora

lol, Some of you brits are STILL running away from the colonist stench of the London.

PS, any Canadians IN britain would be just running TOWARD battle.
Last edited by Danbones; 4 weeks ago at 03:37 AM..

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Here are the men of Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians):

And that's before I even mention the Mounties.
Including reserves for both, the British Army numbers 107,500 and the Canadian Army numbers a paltry 40,000. The British Army is 2.5 times bigger than the Canadian Army even though Britain is an island.
Britain also meets NATO defence spending requirements. Canada, of course, doesn't.
Maybe get your defensive shit in order first before disparaging Britain's superior and stronger military.

We should be spending more on horses and get that NATO $$ number up.

By the way, this is the steed that Lord Strathcona's Horse rides these days ... designed and built in Canada, I might add.

http://youtu.be/pKnTdVEwoQ0

Hoid
We shouldn't even be in NATO.

They provide us nothing.

captain morgan

I can't get over their funny hats

Blackleaf
Rather comical, as well, all the posters not realising what the Household Cavalry actually is.

Danbones
you guys eat horses?

MHz
Only if they are already dead. The knot-heads in the wild horses are sent to Quebec for consumption.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

you guys eat horses?

We can buy horsemeat here in some places. In fact, I now fancy giving it a try. I might see if they have some in my local ASDA supermarket on Saturday.

Curious Cdn

We can buy horsemeat here in some places. In fact, I now fancy giving it a try. I might see if they have some in my local ASDA supermarket on Saturday.

We suddenly have Tim Horton's "meatless".

A likely story ....

MHz

You run out of foxes and are now chowing down on horses that broke a leg chasing the fox down? With 50 horses and 100 dogs on the trail there is bound to be a few mistakes.

I have to assume when the fox is killed it is just left there to rot rather than the Queen gets the first bite.. Looks a lot like the whole history of the place in how you treat all the people you have exterminated over the centuries. The 1815 loss to the Bankers is when you really started killing innocents on an industrial scale. That is bad in case nobody has mentioned it before