All-White Basketball League

Bar Sinister
I am placing this in sports, but it may belong in World Affairs. I will let the moderators judge.

Basketball league for white Americans targets Augusta 011910 - The Augusta Chronicle

A new league for white basketball players only is set to kick off in August. Founders claim that the league is not racist, however, it is hard to imagine what else it could be, when all non-whites are excluded.

Cliffy
Who are they trying to kid?
Actually, they probably are tired of being out played by others. The Japanese would kick their white butts.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Who are they trying to kid?
Actually, they probably are tired of being out played by others. The Japanese would kick their white butts.

Woops! Musta been half asleep when I posted this. I thought it was about baseball. Ignore the above post (as he slinks off with embarrassment).

TenPenny
The article is hilarious:

Quote:

Don "Moose" Lewis, the commissioner of the AABA, said the reasoning behind the league's roster restrictions is not racism.
"There's nothing hatred about what we're doing," he said. "I don't hate anyone of color. But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now. Here's a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like."
Lewis said he wants to emphasize fundamental basketball instead of "street-ball" played by "people of color." He pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas' indefinite suspension after bringing guns into the Washington Wizards locker room, as examples of fans' dissatisfaction with the way current professional sports are run.
"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?" he said. "That's the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction."

Because, as we all know, white people only play polite basketball, don't carry guns, and never make rude gestures. Those things only happen when you let non-whites into the mix.

Johnnny
how about canadians only

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

how about canadians only

We'd have to lower the nets and play it on ice; oh, wait, that's hockey.