Doug Ford says he will run in Ontario PC leadership race

mentalfloss
Doug Ford says he will run in Ontario PC leadership race

Former Toronto councillor Doug Ford says he will run for the leadership of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives, announcing his bid days after Patrick Brown stepped down amid sexual misconduct allegations.

Ford said he wants to prevent the party from falling into the hands of "insiders" and "elites" and that it needs strong leadership.

"I have been deeply troubled by what I have seen recently unfolding within the PC Party," Ford told reporters in Etobicoke, a district in the west end of Toronto.

"Lifelong supporters have been watching in horror as it falls into complete disarray. We have seen backroom politics at its worst, insiders trying to politically capitalize at the expense of the people, elites who are disconnected from the grassroots of the party and don't care about the average struggles of Ontarians."

Ford says of recent developments in the Ontario PC party: 'We have seen backroom politics at its worst.' (Makda Ghebreslassie/CBC)

Ford said he would be the candidate to "clean up the mess" and change the "hostile environment" of the party.

"This is truly a critical moment for our party, for our people and for the future of our province," he said.

Ford, who took no questions, noted that "the elites" of the party "do not want me in this race."

Doug Ford says he will run in Ontario PC leadership race - Toronto - CBC News

bill barilko
aka Druggie Ford the Drug Dealer

mentalfloss
A slight upgrade from Patrick Brown then.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

A slight upgrade from Patrick Brown then.

Well, Patrick Brown is a nervous Nellie who stole a kiss or two and tried to get a blow job after a date, one night.

Doug Ford is a loudmouth, bluff bully dope dealer spoiled son of a millionaire who COULD be implicated as an accessory to murder if someone digs just a little deeper.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hal...lice_told.html

That's an upgrade?

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
Hope he fails.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Well, Patrick Brown is a nervous Nellie who stole a kiss or two and tried to get a blow job after a date, one night.

Doug Ford is a loudmouth, bluff bully dope dealer spoiled son of a millionaire who COULD be implicated as an accessory to murder if someone digs just a little deeper.

That's an upgrade?

Well when you put it that way.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
He'll likely win!

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

He'll likely win!

This is the first election in which Iíve been considering voting PC. If he wins, thatís not happening.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
He would not be my choice as PC leader. But I am pretty much at the point where I consider anybody better than Wynne & company.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

This is the first election in which Iíve been considering voting PC. If he wins, thatís not happening.

Yeah, he's packing a little baggage methinks.

Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

He would not be my choice as PC leader. But I am pretty much at the point where I consider anybody better than Wynne & company.

Yeah, sometimes better to stick with what you know you got than risk someone you don't know! Especially in politics where about 90% are duds.

Danbones
Free Thinker

That's an upgrade?

It would be to a guy who sacrifices his own children on the BBQ hoping for a 6/49 wynne.

The winner of the PC race will be a back room supportd hack

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

He'll likely win!

That will drive the PCs down into third place, for sure. The Ontario Conservatives have a great deal of difficulty understanding what electable leaders looks like. They don't look like Ford, Brown or Hudak.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+5
#13  Top Rated Post

That will drive the PCs down into third place, for sure. The Ontario Conservatives have a great deal of difficulty understanding what electable leaders looks like. They don't look like Ford, Brown or Hudak.

That's because most Ontario residents are stupid. I look at those that have put the current government in power all this time. I think Brown would have won had those alleged allegations not mysteriously appeared anonymously by those 2 cowards 4 months before an election.

That being said, I can't see Ford winning an election. Too much baggage.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Just because a rat claims to be a conservative, it doesn't mean they aren't a liebarrel in disguise.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

That's because most Ontario residents are stupid. I look at those that have put the current government in power all this time. I think Brown would have won had those alleged allegations not mysteriously appeared anonymously by those 2 cowards 4 months before an election.

That being said, I can't see Ford winning an election. Too much baggage.

Brown is not telegenic enough. He doesn't look comfortable in his own skin. That may bother you from an ideological perspective but the truth is, if your leader is not attractive enough to appeal to the electorate, you will remain out of power. That's just the way it is.

Scheer probably has the same problem. Harper did too but the Liberals self-destructed so spectacularly that the electorate finally (after a decade) gave him break.

taxslave
Free Thinker
In other important news trudOWE takes a selfie.

Hoof Hearted
+1
Er,,,and THIS guy was 'telegenic'??

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

Yep and a great sense of humour and a great politician UNTIL he became Prime Minister!

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

In other important news trudOWE takes a selfie.

He'll be a one term wonder. (And who was responsible for letting women vote?)
Last edited by JLM; Jan 30th, 2018 at 09:23 AM..Reason: Wrong post!

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

Not so much. But he is loaded with personality and has a pretty sharp wit. Both of which are beneficial when running for the top spot.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

A proof is a proof......

Turns out he was right about that.....

Dat's fur shurr, dat.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Taaaaaabarnac!

Danbones
Free Thinker
Hey two posters one keyboard!

go figure

Putin saves himself a paycheck! No wonder the russian economy does so much better then the ones you spies live in.

Walter
+2

How's the crow tasting?
http://www.macleans.ca/politics/the-...lace-liberals/

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

How's the crow tasting?
The Maclean's-Pollara Ontario Election Poll: Welcome to third place, Liberals - Macleans.ca

Probably salty .

Danbones
Free Thinker
I (me) think MF (him), (and some of his pals) (they) work(s) for Du(o)g F(o)rd..he (they) certainly(surely) is helping him (Dug) a lot (often).

LOL, Crow is just peppered with salt.