Social Media Driving Americans Nutso

Hoof Hearted
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ericans-insane

I only check in on this forum plus my emails every now and then. That's about it. I don't even own an IPhone...never texted a message before either. I know, I'm a caveman.

Cannuck
+1 / -1
Obviously Americans are nuts. Look at the ones on this forum.

Hoof Hearted
I wonder if more women are addicted than men. Women are born communicators and social media certainly can be the drug.

Twila
+1
I think with every new "platform" it's been thought of as a scourge to sociability. It'll damage your eyes, your brain, your relationships, etc

We learn to adjust and those that don't, die. We're still controlled by the laws of nature regardless of how egotistical irrational, or intellectually intelligent we think we are.

We'll adjust.

Hoof Hearted
+1
But what about 'love at first sight'?...

Many now hook up through Social Media first, and then meet in real life. It's backwards, isn't it? I know so many relationships/marriages that started on-line. Not my cup of tea.

I'm old school...met my gal in a Bar like everyone else did!

We both went to see the same Band, and she asked me if we could share a drink. 27 years later...2 daughters...a cat...a hamster...2 guinea pigs...who knew that chance meeting would have led to all of this?

Handry012
Social Media Stars Are Showing Hollywood A-Listers How It's Done ... We Need A Massive Remote-Worker Hiring Spree In The American Heartland ..... Some may come off as idealized emblems of success.

Educational Facility Architect Gold Coast

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

But what about 'love at first sight'?...

Many now hook up through Social Media first, and then meet in real life. It's backwards, isn't it? I know so many relationships/marriages that started on-line. Not my cup of tea.

I'm old school...met my gal in a Bar like everyone else did!

We both went to see the same Band, and she asked me if we could share a drink. 27 years later...2 daughters...a cat...a hamster...2 guinea pigs...who knew that chance meeting would have led to all of this?

I met my first wife at a bus stop, the second one at work and the third at a gathering. Never met a gal in a bar I wanted to take home, let alone marry. Met my last girlfriend in our museum. I don't play by the rules.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I met my first wife at a bus stop, the second one at work and the third at a gathering. Never met a gal in a bar I wanted to take home, let alone marry. Met my last girlfriend in our museum. I don't play by the rules.

Reading your post reminds me of the ole C&W tune:

"All my exes live in Texas..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMNw_-yUm_0

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

I think with every new "platform" it's been thought of as a scourge to sociability. It'll damage your eyes, your brain, your relationships, etc

We learn to adjust and those that don't, die. We're still controlled by the laws of nature regardless of how egotistical irrational, or intellectually intelligent we think we are.

We'll adjust.

You damn kids with your "pens" and "paper." You can do all the writing you need to do with some damp clay and a sharp stick!

TenPenny
+3
#10  Top Rated Post

You're obviously not very good at picking wives, since you have to keep repeating it.

Johnnny
The only way to help Americans, is with...

yep you guessed it....!!!!!

ICE CREAM!!!!

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

You're obviously not very good at picking wives, since you have to keep repeating it.

I suck at playing other peoples' games (relationships).

Tecumsehsbones

I suck

Coulda stopped right there.

Cliffy