Congratulations Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2

YOU ARE NOW PRIME MINISTER OF CANADA!!!!

Enough with the saltiness.. post your Congratulations to JT here.

Actually he does look good with his family there.

Is he our youngest PM? Anyone?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Clean win. Refreshing change. Stay with that....

billshaver
the breath of FRESH CLEAN AIR IN CANADA....GONE ARE THE FALSE PHROFITS...& ITS JUST-IN -TIME!

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
Well regardless if you love Pierre Trudeau or not, his dad would be very proud of his son today. Canada's new Political Royalty.

billshaver
political royalty!...ha...maby for those in usa..but not in canada,....either way he has been exposed to many people who knew better & no doubt it will show in his actions in the comming years...political royality..oh thats ripe....i say bollocks to that talk...he's the man fit for the position, if the Late HONJ.Layton was head of NDP...he'd have won...

TenPenny
Technically, he's not PM yet.

billshaver
yes have to be sworn in....what else is new...but still optimism is the days thoughts....in a way that youthfull optimism in 1968....expo67 and all that it meant...no one could rain on our parade then....not now!

EagleSmack
The New Royals... when is the coronation again?

Mowich
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Is he our youngest PM? Anyone?

Joe Clark was our youngest PM, Boomer

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Congrats. Try not to screw up the country too badly.

Mowich
Conservative
Yes, many congratulations to Justin Trudeau on his victory last night.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
Justin Trudeau has the job of making Canadians a community again.
I was not on the side of the Liberals but I am pleased we did dispose
of the so called conservative party. This was not a conservative party
it was a reform party in conservative sheep's clothing. Hopefully that
is behind us and we know what it was. I could have embraced an
NDP or Liberal Government and we at least got rid of the government
we no longer wanted.

billshaver
+1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=18-oRTLIe3I

you knowi could care less how old he is..its his vision thats important....just like we had at expo in 67 & from then on....

MHz
I wonder if he will send the inmates on Baffin Island a fleet of Lawyers for a class action suit against Harper's cronies.

Quote: Originally Posted by billshaver View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=18-oRTLIe3I

you knowi could care less how old he is..its his vision thats important....just like we had at expo in 67 & from then on....

. . . it was pretty much an empty parking lot.

billshaver
what inmates on baffin island?

mentalfloss
Congrats Not Harper!

May you be able to lead this country before we elect Not Trudeau!

Seriously though, congratulations Mr. Trudeau. You dun good.

Icarus27k
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Well this pic automatically makes him my new favorite Prime Minister of all time. (Despite me not knowing the context at all.)

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Icarus27k View Post

Well this pic automatically makes him my new favorite Prime Minister of all time. (Despite me not knowing the context at all.)

Um. . . Ic? The new PM is the guy on the left, not the one on the right.

Just sayin'.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
The only redeeming value in all this depressing news is that liberals are notorious liars so with luck he won't inflict many of his policies on us.

Locutus
+3
#20  Top Rated Post
super terrific job

Icarus27k
The day after an election win for "your team" is always fun.

Corduroy
+1
You're really burning through those stages of grief, aren't you?

mentalfloss
Justin extended the olive branch in his speech yesterday...

"Conservatives are not our enemies, they are our neighbours."

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Somebody has to pay the taxes to keep up the spend.

Locutus
+1
the branches will extend themselves.

coldstream
I'm glad Stephen Harper is history.

But i was hoping for a minority coalition between the NDP and Liberals... so they could keep each other in check.

The Liberals got their majority by following the old party tried and true strategy of placing themselves in the centre of the politcal stream and letting voters define them. The problem with that is it produces a political vehicle that drifts with the current.. without any sense of propulsion that a political philosophy can provide. That means they'll be unable to steer to avoid the whirlpools and waterfalls that lie in its path.

Justin Trudeau himself cobbled together the party by overturning some cherished Liberal traditions.. including scrapping its freedom of conscience provision for moral questions. You were either pro abortion, pro euthenasia, pro homosexual marriage.. or Justin wouldn't sign your nomination papers. Far from imposing a more cohesive party.. this has robbed the party of its integrity as a centrist construct.. and left deep tensions in the caucus.

Trudeau is a much different leader than Pierre Eliot. First of all PET was an introvert, and drew his energy from internal resources. Justin is an extrovert and draws his energy from those around him and from the zeitgeist of the times. He is no visionary.. he reacts.. or responds. He's not for anything and he's not against anything either. He lacks his father's intellectual heft, his political skills and his ruthlessness. Which he's going to need to keep this very disparate party together.

I expect the honeymoon will last 6 to 9 months..and then cracks leading to deep fissures will appear. He faces imminent crises.. economic, cultural, social which he's ill equipped to handle.

Notably he'll capitulate to the TPP like Chretien did to NAFTA. There is no national vision in the Liberal platform, that defines a national integrated industrial policy.. there's just the 'drift' with Free Trade cult. The same with the fraud of AGW. Justin doesn't have a clue. Other people have told him its something he has to worry about and he doesn't have the independence of reason to see that its nonsense.. and dangerous.

The Liberal investment in infrastructure is one of its good ideas. But it's total lack of a comprehensive integrated national vision means everything it done will be slapdash and uncoordinated and unlikely to create any economic synergy.

Unfortunately we have a real light weight for PM. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise by his actions.. but i'd be shocked if that happened.
Last edited by coldstream; Oct 20th, 2015 at 01:00 PM..

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Um. . . Ic? The new PM is the guy on the left, not the one on the right.

Just sayin'.

And he won that match against Senator Patric Braseau

EagleSmack
+1 / -1

Ahhhhh.... I remember those days! After Obama's first election win and 8 years of whining like biatches the Liberal Democrats finally thought that now was the time for reuniting and cooperation and getting behind Obama.

And I suppose Flossy wants that as well? Now all curmudgeons are his friends and neighbors.

Funny stuff.

Locutus
+1
also, newprimes can't triforce.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Icarus27k View Post

That was the time Justin wiped the floor with Canadian Bear's pride and joy. Ever since, the social conservatives started calling Justin, Justine in a feeble attempt to put him down by feminising his name. They only manage to embarrass themselves because that's the type of thing elementary school children do, not grown men. I believe this level of immaturity showcased by Harper's supporters is one of the big reasons people were looking for change.

Ya but folks like Loc are the type of neighbour that will go **** on your lawn out of spite.