Super Bowl 49

Kreskin
+2
It's Super Bowl Sunday!

Vegas line is basically a 'pick em'. No favorite. More bets have been placed on New England but more money is being wagered per bet for Seattle. Apparently a pile of money came in on Seattle yesterday to even things out.

The Hawks are owned by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen. The Pats are owned by Robert Kraft, CEO of the Kraft Group, a conglomerate holding company.

Tom Brady is looking to win his 4th title in 6 appearances. Russell Wilson is looking for #2 in just his third year in the NFL.

The Seahawks have been notoriously slow starters throughout the year. They better have their chin straps tightened early because a Tom Brady led offense is generally strong right out of the gate. The Pats come in with a plan and with Brady at the helm they usually fire on all cylinders.

Biggest keys in the game imo are:

1) Seahawks pass rush. If Brady has time in the pocket he will eat them alive. Rob Gronkowski will be a key passing target, mostly short and over the middle.
2) Runningback LaGarrette Blount, a force in the last game, will need to be once again.
3) New England will need to deal with the combined running of Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson. Look for Wilson to use the read-option more than he has of late.
4) The Hawks secret weapons, Canadians Luke Willson Jon Ryan.

Ludlow
+1
Don't care who wins. I drove by the Stadium yesterday and then made the mistake of driving through downtown Phoenix trying to get home. It's all about the cash. People goin nuts over a game. I'll probably watch it though because I'm a hypocrite.

petros
+2
I can't wait to sing along with Katy Perry.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I can't wait to sing along with Katy Perry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jAtFNYuZ4

Don't say I never did anything for ya.

petros
+2
You're gonna hear me roar.

Ahhhhhh f-ck, Bob Costas doing the pre-game?

gopher
+3
My 49th Super Bowl!

Haven't missed so much as one of them in all these years. And in just a few minutes, I will put my roast into the oven for Super Bowl dinner ....

Kreskin
+1
Dont overcook that damn thing Gopher.

gopher
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Not to worry - I have a very strong sense of smell and can tell when it will be ready for my ever eager taste buds.

Kreskin
We're going to have honey-mustard chicken wings.

Mowich
+2
Listening to the news yesterday, I picked up this tid bit. Die-hard fans who tune into to watch the entire spectacle from beginning to end will watch a total of 9 hours of coverage. The actual time that football is being played - excluding all the huddles, referee moments, time-outs etc - will be 17 minutes.

We're going to have honey-mustard chicken wings.

After the Pinty's tournie, I happened to be in our local Save-On and they had some of those on sale. I don't normally buy prepared foods, but have to say those wings were really good. I imagine you are making your own though.

Kreskin
+1
Yes, my wife wants to give a recipe a try. I'm quite willing to be the guinea pig.

petros
+1
Deer sausage, cheeses, pickled veggies, dills, salami, tater chips, homemade dip with fresh dill, fresh dinner rolls and two growlers.

gore0bsessed
+4
#13  Top Rated Post
Here is BlackLeaf discussing the superbowl

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessed View Post

Here is BlackLeaf discussing the superbowl

spaminator

Deer sausage

bambi/Rudolph rip.

petros
It's 54F in the desert today.

I guarantee Canadians at the game still feel warm and are wearing shorts. Just look for the people with blinding white legs.

Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

bambi/Rudolph rip.

Bambi was a white tail rupolph a caribou and I'm eating a mule deer so it's all good.

Mowich
+1
Off to watch our Canadian Junior Curlers Provincial play-downs until the on-field action starts. Enjoy the game everyone and may the Seattle Seahawks once again hoist the Cup when the last whistle has blown.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Oops, my bad ............it is actually the Canadian Junior championship that is on the line .....Sask is playing NB in the semi-final right now - the score is 2 -2 in the 4th end.

Kreskin
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nf...183207106.html

Lots of football guys thinking the Hawks will have trouble stopping New England.

petros
Yo. Don't get Hangry

Mowich
Saskatchewan beat NB with a lovely double take-out on the skip's last shot to advance to the final against Manitoba. GO Saskatchewan!

Now I will watch the Waste Management Open ( you think they could come up with a slightly less stinky name for the tourney) - Golf for those who don't follow the game. I was hoping to watch Rory again at the Dubai tourney but I don't get a channel that carries it today. He finished yesterday with a four point lead.
Last edited by Mowich; Feb 1st, 2015 at 03:17 PM..

Mowich
Nice pick Seattle! All that way for nothing eh, New England.

OMH............that Budweiser lost puppy commercial had me in tears. Happy tears, mind you.

petros
Tide.

Like a new game starting the second half.

Mowich
+1
It was looking as if New England would enter half-time 7 points up that is until the final 6 seconds of the 2nd when Russel Wilson found Chris Matthews in the end zone. Game is tied going into the 3rd. 14 to 14

Go Seahawks, Go!

petros
Now for Katy Perry. Hooray! I wonderif she cut a football in half for a bra or will it be a cheerleader outfit.

She's riding a big pus$y.

Mowich

Tide.

Like a new game starting the second half.

You betcha and the Seahawks have come to play ball.

Lynch reminds me a lot of Nik Lewis - same dogged, never quit style.

I'm watching the game on the NBCS channel - on satellite - I get the US feed that way and all the Super Bowl commercials on the big screen - much easier on the old eyes than my laptop screen and the effect is more intense I find. Nearly every single one I've seen thus far touched me is some way.

If it weren't for the commercials, I would have switched channels shortly after the game started. I cannot believe how annoying the two game announcers are, petros - and oh how they love the sound of their own voices.

Wow, I love all the special effects - Katy is flying through the air right now and it looks so darn cool.

Oh, oh, here's ............................Katy!

Whoa..........that was some awesome entrance.............loved the cat.

Oh man that Always #likeagirl commercial is really powerful.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Oh man that Always #likeagirl commercial is really powerful.

It makes me want to run out and buy a box.
Last edited by petros; Feb 1st, 2015 at 08:38 PM..

Mowich
+1

It makes me want to run out a buy a box.

Ask your lady what type she uses. It's a great ad, petros.

At least Seattle came away with points on that drive.

Holy Smoke, that guy was Wide open in the end zone - damn stupid penalty. Nice play though. Yeah, Seattle! They are up by 10 in the 3rd with under five to go.

petros
Baby you're a firework. C'mon show me what you're worth.

gopher
+2

There's only one word to describe Super Bowl dinner tonight:

PERFECTION!

Mowich
+2
I must say that so far, Russel Wilson has been displaying his passing skills to a far greater degree than his opponent. That said, Brady just threw a beaut - darn.