Tiger Woods- Arrogant or....................?


JLM
#1
Just heard on the news that Tiger Woods' public apology was limited and he was holding back some information as personal. Maybe the public is just a little too nosy about things that don't legitimately concern them. What do you think?
 
DurkaDurka
#2
Just a PR stunt to smooth his way back into action at the Masters. He carefully sculpted himsimage over the years and when it was revealed that he is a fraud, the backlash was to be expected.
 
YukonJack
#3
I would never deny that Tiger Woods has an unsurpassed and unmatched talent. I would also give him and especially his late fater to work hard and develop that talent to unprecedented heights.

That is why it is so sad that he never learned or showed any inclination to be willing to learn how a TRUE champion should behave.

Not at a missed putt, not at making a long putt and certainly not at making an apology for behaviour not befitting a person of his talent.
 
VanIsle
#4
I watched him announce last night on TV, that he is coming back to play golf and that he will continue his treatments he is taking. How does one (didn't David 'Duchovny take the same treatments?) take treatments for wanting too much sex life?? Tiger Woods is a play boy and he had the money to do it. I don't think it matters much what he does now. He's lost respect and everytime everyone looks at him they will remember what he has done. I doubt that kind of bitterness will every fade. It just leaves a bad taste. The image of loving son to loving husband and father faded into the sunset and it will never return. He is great at his game. Maybe too great at the wrong game.
 
TenPenny
#5
I love the 'treatments' that everyone gets for infidelity, as it it's some disease.

It's not a disease, it's a lack of willpower and/or respect for your partner.
 
DurkaDurka
#6
Rehab centers must make a killing off the hollywood idiots.

Mel Gibson - Anti-Semitic tirade. Check. Off to substance & sensitivity rehab.
Tiger Woods- Womanizer. Check. Off to sex rehab.
Charlie Sheen- Domestic dispute. Check. Off to preemptive rehab.
 
Spade
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Just heard on the news that Tiger Woods' public apology was limited and he was holding back some information as personal. Maybe the public is just a little too nosy about things that don't legitimately concern them. What do you think?

No, Tiger Woods owes the prurient interests of the non-golfing crowd nothing.
 
talloola
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

I watched him announce last night on TV, that he is coming back to play golf and that he will continue his treatments he is taking. How does one (didn't David 'Duchovny take the same treatments?) take treatments for wanting too much sex life?? Tiger Woods is a play boy and he had the money to do it. I don't think it matters much what he does now. He's lost respect and everytime everyone looks at him they will remember what he has done. I doubt that kind of bitterness will every fade. It just leaves a bad taste. The image of loving son to loving husband and father faded into the sunset and it will never return. He is great at his game. Maybe too great at the wrong game.

How did he get to the front of that 'must be' very long
line up at that clinic, nice 'cover-up title' for behavior
that was disgusting, sleezy and backstabbing to his family.

And, it was numerous women, not just one affair, many many shall we say,
'get togethers'?

Lets remember something, 'he was caught', had that not happened,
he would still be behaving like a skank, and enjoying every minute of it.
All the apologies to me are interesting, always come after 'being caught', that's
just the grovelling and sucking up to everyone, so they will like him again.

Gee, he must have been screwing around with all of these women, and all the time
hoping to get caught, so he could go to the clinic and be helped. What a joke.

Your right Van Isle, leaves a bad taste, don't think they
have made a mouth wash yet that will take that one away.
It doesn't matter much what we think, we will think what
we want, that is our preogative. My thoughts of him are
dissapointing for me, because I had him in a very high
level of respect, thought he was the whole package.
He
has hired george's bush's old press secretary to run this
this 'getting back' into golf trick. The interview last
night is the beginning of that well rehersed well thought
out package, a written script, it will work, millions are
so excited about his return, and the guys on the tour want
him back badly, he is their 'bread and butter', so why
wouldn't they, even as one of them said the other day, he
is the reason I drive a certain car, can buy a certain
house, he is needed out here on tour.

The only thoughts I have left for woods is 'all of those
children' of his foundation, and I want them to continue
getting the support all of his 'money' allowed them to
have, the rest of it means nothing to me any more.

I've got much more important things to do.
Last edited by talloola; Mar 22nd, 2010 at 11:49 AM..
 
TenPenny
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Rehab centers must make a killing off the hollywood idiots.

Mel Gibson - Anti-Semitic tirade. Check. Off to substance & sensitivity rehab.
Tiger Woods- Womanizer. Check. Off to sex rehab.
Charlie Sheen- Domestic dispute. Check. Off to preemptive rehab.

I believe it's due to a seminar taught to all sports/celebrity agents: when in trouble, when in doubt, go off to rehab, scream and shout'.
 
Risus
#10
woods is a con artist, not to be believed. All he cares about is the almighty dollar, which hew sees slipping away from him.
 
TenPenny
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

woods is a con artist, not to be believed. All he cares about is the almighty dollar, which hew sees slipping away from him.

Well, he's not just a con artist, he's a pretty good golfer, too.
 
JLM
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

woods is a con artist, not to be believed. All he cares about is the almighty dollar, which hew sees slipping away from him.

I guess in the final analysis, Woods (being over 21) can do what he wants and acts as he pleases. If he wants total respect then he may have to make a few minor changes.
 
wulfie68
#13
You guys have pretty much hit on all my opinions in this except for one: how much airplay this got. With the amount of real news, I think its sad how much attention was/is being played to one guy who doesn't respect anyone but himself. What Tiger did was despicable and deplorable but is it that much different than the guy the next block over who decides to bone his kids' babysitter/wife's best friend/neighbours wife?

Its a sad, sad statement about our society that we are so fixated by one jerk and his fake syndrome and apologies.
 
TenPenny
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68 View Post

You guys have pretty much hit on all my opinions in this except for one: how much airplay this got. With the amount of real news, I think its sad how much attention was/is being played to one guy who doesn't respect anyone but himself. What Tiger did was despicable and deplorable but is it that much different than the guy the next block over who decides to bone his kids' babysitter/wife's best friend/neighbours wife?

Its a sad, sad statement about our society that we are so fixated by one jerk and his fake syndrome and apologies.

We fixate on any celebrity when they have a scandal, because that's easier than focussing on the real news; it's less stressful, and you don't have to think.
 
JLM
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

We fixate on any celebrity when they have a scandal, because that's easier than focussing on the real news; it's less stressful, and you don't have to think.

That's a good thought, I guess these days we get a package deal "News and entertainment".
 
Johnnny
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Just heard on the news that Tiger Woods' public apology was limited and he was holding back some information as personal. Maybe the public is just a little too nosy about things that don't legitimately concern them. What do you think?

you mean he just didnt come out and say i love white women the most

Let him golf
 
Risus
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Well, he's not just a con artist, he's a pretty good golfer, too.

I lost all respect to him as a golfer the time he had a number of fans move a 100 plus pound boulder from in front of his ball so he would have a direct shot to the green. The guy is an ass.
 
lone wolf
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

I lost all respect to him as a golfer the time he had a number of fans move a 100 plus pound boulder from in front of his ball so he would have a direct shot to the green. The guy is an ass.

One of his - big and blue?
 
Lineman
#19
Big, Blue, and ridged like a 3 iron

He needs to fire his entourage and get some actual friends, ones that will tell him he's being an ass.
 
Spade
#20
The man is an immense talent!
PS
Moving the rock was within the rules.
 
VanIsle
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

The man is an immense talent!
PS
Moving the rock was within the rules.

Would you have moved it or would you have been a real golfer and slugged the ball right into it!!!!
 
mt_pockets1000
#22
Anyone catch Howard Stern's interview with 3 of Tiger's mistresses? Amazing how these girls had no idea who he was or that he was married.
 
Johnnny
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by mt_pockets1000 View Post

Anyone catch Howard Stern's interview with 3 of Tiger's mistresses? Amazing how these girls had no idea who he was or that he was married.

 
JLM
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by mt_pockets1000 View Post

Anyone catch Howard Stern's interview with 3 of Tiger's mistresses? Amazing how these girls had no idea who he was or that he was married.

It's amazing how much you can miss with a shoe size I.Q.
 
AnnaG
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Just heard on the news that Tiger Woods' public apology was limited and he was holding back some information as personal. Maybe the public is just a little too nosy about things that don't legitimately concern them. What do you think?

Having not even met the guy and likely never will, his actions having extremely little effect on my life, and I can't get too accurate an idea of his sincerity from tv anyway, I don't think much about it at all. lol
 
AnnaG
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lineman View Post

Big, Blue, and ridged like a 3 iron

He needs to fire his entourage and get some actual friends, ones that will tell him he's being an ass.

Good plan. I'll volunteer for $100K per year. lol
 
Risus
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

Moving the rock was within the rules.

Not any more. They didn't expect anyone to stoop so low...
 
mt_pockets1000
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

It's amazing how much you can miss with a shoe size I.Q.

Too funny JLM.
 

Similar Threads

70
I slept with Tiger Woods too.
by earth_as_one | Apr 5th, 2018
5
Does Tiger Woods Have Illegitimate Kids?
by Liberalman | Dec 15th, 2009
5
Tiger Woods - 70th Career Win
by Kreskin | Aug 10th, 2009
5
Is this Tiger Woods guy any good?
by Kreskin | Jun 17th, 2008
0
Tiger Woods
by Kreskin | Jul 23rd, 2006