Brian Williams (NBC) Thanks Canada

Curiosity
I know everyone is filled to the brim with Olympics but I thought this note kinda cute and you might enjoy reading it.

SQWRACING JOURNAL: I know I'm not supposed to publish the entire article but this is really nice. Well done Vancouver/BC/CANADA!

Hey he has my MITTENS on!!

talloola
Very nice from Brian Williams, who is a class guy.

Sparrow
Thanks for posting this, it is nice to receive a compliment now and then.

Francis2004
Very classy.. I saw him with our Brian Williams on CTV and it was pretty nice to see them both enjoy themselves.. Looks like they had fun doing the clip together..

Cheers...

Kreskin
I saw this written elsewhere without notation of author. I thought it was written by CTV's Brian William's mother. Now it makes sense.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I saw this written elsewhere without notation of author. I thought it was written by CTV's Brian William's mother. Now it makes sense.

I cannot open the link but I assume it is the same as the one I put on one of the Olympic threads about last Monday or Tuesday. I actually added in two but Brian Williams was the first one. Since then I have had it sent to me via email as well.

Curiosity
Apart from the athletes themselves and the staff of the nations who attended.....

I think I have never seen some NBC staffers so animated and having a good time, it's like they were let out of the feeding cages for two weeks and their 'mother ship' told them to enjoy!

It was a change for us to see them having some fun. I have always wondered if Brian Williams even "had" a smile - he seems perpetually about to cry.

News lately has been so bad.....this was a great moment for them I am sure.
I'll bet attending the Canadian Olympics was a high spot for many of the adjunct workers who kept the public informed and fed and transported around all the sites. A massive undertaking and I continually hear how "smooth" it was.