What's your gripe with Grapes?


CDNBear
#61
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

There is nothing cowardess about someone wearing eye protection, then stepping on the ice to play a very
rough physical game, in which there are many injuries,
and some have had serious eye injuries, where sticks have
done the damage.
When he made the visor comments, it was not true. He
called europeans and others who wore visors 'sissies' or
something that meant the same, that is his problem and
ignorance, and not true at all.
Don't hear it much from him any longer, even he had to realize
that it is common sense and the NHL do too.

People have differing opinions.
He's of one opinion, you are of another. Me, I don't really care, because I don't really follow hockey. Just the Habs and Team Canada.

And his statement was and you can see for yourself before they cut the clip to screw up context...

YouTube - Don Cherry's Controversial Visor Comment

Even with the CBC's usual biased and purposeful editing, he still didn't say anything that was wrong. Again, that's just an opinion of mine.
 
TenPenny
#62
I read an article, I think in The Hockey News, that said the single biggest driving force making players wear visors is wives and girlfriends - they don't want to see their loved ones become disabled and unable to play because of a stupid 'macho' refusal to wear safety gear.
 
CDNBear
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

I read an article, I think in The Hockey News, that said the single biggest driving force making players wear visors is wives and girlfriends - they don't want to see their loved ones become disabled and unable to play because of a stupid 'macho' refusal to wear safety gear.

Seems sensible to me.

Which is why I wouldn't defend that inference. Just his right to say it and the facts about what he actually said of course.
 
Risus
#64
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

I looked back and could only find one "negative" brand of commentary and it was yours, that I used.
I guess this means you're self loathing?

I guess you can't read which would explain some of your comments. Check out posts 11, 17, 18, 29

You have a serious problem if you pick fights with those that disagree with you. That leads to the question again, why did you ask it in the first place.
 
DurkaDurka
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

I guess you can't read which would explain some of your comments. Check out posts 11, 17, 18, 29

You have a serious problem if you pick fights with those that disagree with you. That leads to the question again, why did you ask it in the first place.

YA!, you tell him Risus. Put Bear in his place, who is he to call you on your inane comments?
 
CDNBear
#66
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

I guess you can't read which would explain some of your comments. Check out posts 11

Quote: Originally Posted by mt_pockets1000 View Post

Yep, he's done a lot for charity and he's a great spokesman for the game of hockey.

He's also a legend in his own mind.

Let's put him and Lowell Green in a room together and let them duke it out.

Nope, not mine...

Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

I guess you can't read which would explain some of your comments. Check out posts 17

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Yeah, on HNIC, he's just a bad actor going through the motions of the idiocy he's expected to say.

But people lap it up for some reason.

Nope, not mine...

Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

I guess you can't read which would explain some of your comments. Check out posts 18

Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

LOL!!!

The man is a buffoon and a noted failure-which of those attributes appeals?

And why?

Nope, not mine...

Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

I guess you can't read which would explain some of your comments. Check out posts 29

Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

Don cherry is a big mouth clown.....jackets....need I say more? I'm surprised that he doesn't come out in big floppy shoes as well.

Couldn't play the game.

Can't coach the game he professes to know everything about.

He's a bigot and prejudiced.

He's biased towards the Leafs and Boston on a national broadcast.

He can't count.

He's a bully.

He promotes a part of the game that doesn't need to be part of the game and that has been prov-en time and time again in international play like the Olympics.

He does a commercial on the radio for Magic Windahs (his pronunciation) that makes me want to blow my brains out.....don't get your hopes up though.

I no longer watch the CBC because of him and the other morons on HNIC....I watch the game on RDS or TSN.

The only thing I will give Don credit for is his emotional tributes to each and every brave soldier who has given their life in Afghanistan.....for that I commend him.

Nope, not mine...

And besides that, only a couple of those are aggressive.

Quote:

You have a serious problem if you pick fights with those that disagree with you.

I think you're projecting Risus.

Quote:

That leads to the question again, why did you ask it in the first place.

As you can see, well at least anyone not trying to pick a fight can see, Avro and I whom have had several head butting battles, seemed to have disagreed, talloola and I have disagreed somewhat. And I disagreed with a couple others, all without picking a fight. Seems you're the only one with an issue here. I think it's a preconceived notion you have and came in looking to create.

There's no fighting here Risus. Just discussion. You're the one looking for a fight...
 
Risus
#67
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Nope, not mine...



Nope, not mine...



Nope, not mine...



Nope, not mine...

And besides that, only a couple of those are aggressive.

I think you're projecting Risus.

As you can see, well at least anyone not trying to pick a fight can see, Avro and I whom have had several head butting battles, seemed to have disagreed, talloola and I have disagreed somewhat. And I disagreed with a couple others, all without picking a fight. Seems you're the only one with an issue here. I think it's a preconceived notion you have and came in looking to create.

There's no fighting here Risus. Just discussion. You're the one looking for a fight...

Look, bub, you said there were no negating aregments but mine. I gave you 4 posts to look at. All you are saying is that they are not your posts. Of course they are not your posts. That are the posts of others with negative comments. What don't you understand??????????????????? I'm not picking a fight, You are the one retaliating because someone posted a comment you don't agree with. ie Grapes is an idiot. You are defending the guy so hard you must be in bed with the guy. You like an idiot, that says a lot about you. End of discussion.
 
CDNBear
#68
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

Look, bub, you said there were no negating aregments but mine. I gave you 4 posts to look at. All you are saying is that they are not your posts. Of course they are not your posts. That are the posts of others with negative comments. What don't you understand??????????????????? I'm not picking a fight, You are the one retaliating because someone posted a comment you don't agree with. ie Grapes is an idiot. You are defending the guy so hard you must be in bed with the guy. You like an idiot, that says a lot about you. End of discussion.




Let me get this straight. You come in guns a blazin', looking to pick a fight. Then accuse me of trying to pick a fight, because I dare ask a question and then defend my position. In the process of accusing me of picking a fight because I disagree with people that don't like Grapes, you sight 4 posts, that somehow prove your point, only to tell me now that the posts you sighted weren't support for your delusion that I'm here picking a fight, but that others have said negative things about Grapes.

OK, I think I got you now...

If you go back and look, I engaged the others, they either returned the favour in a civil manner, or they chose to not return to the thread at all.

That has nothing to do with your continued complaint that "I" am trying to pick a fight. You are the one aggressively engaging me, with ridiculous or unsupported accusations.

Your commentary with regards to Grapes is secondary. You merely offered your obviously biased and ignorant opinion, based on who knows what, since you followed it up with no support. Then you charged in with accusations of me trying to pick a fight.

I still think your projecting.

 
AnnaG
#69
I think the average IQ of those people who takes Cherry's tv persona seriously must be about 70. 75 tops.

(just kidding. Seriously I think some are lower and some are higher).
 
CDNBear
#70
OK, just for ****s and giggles, here's the timeline...

Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

Just curious: if you are going to pick a fight with everyone who doesn't agree with your point of view, why did you even post the question in the first place? in less you want to pick a fight with everyone who doesn't agree with you...

To which I replied...

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

I guess you missed the back and forth between Avro and myself?

Avro, someone whom I've bumped heads with quite vehemently on several occasions.

Perhaps it's the manner in which you offer your "lame" rebuttals?

Perhaps, just perhaps, even those with whom I disagree just have to put forth some effort, thought or what have you, to get more then just my pity or contempt.

Can you guess which one you get?

And Avro also replied to...


Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

I didn't fight with him and I disagreed.

Says more about you than him me thinks.

To which you replied...

Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

Look back, he had negative comments for a number of people who disagreed with him. He is a waste of time. Case closed.

To which I replied...

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Cause you say so......

I looked back and could only find one "negative" brand of commentary and it was yours, that I used.

I guess this means you're self loathing?

Which is of course a reference to my commentary to you, using your "lame", in quotations of course. Besides the fact that I didn't have anything negative to say about the poster, just the post. Unlike yourself.

To which you replied...

Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

I guess you can't read which would explain some of your comments. Check out posts 11, 17, 18, 29

You have a serious problem if you pick fights with those that disagree with you. That leads to the question again, why did you ask it in the first place.

Then I sighted each post you highlighted. None of which has contained the same silliness yours have. Not to mention, none have contained anything that remotely appears to be me trying to pick a fight with anyone that disagreed with me. In fact, I ignored most if not all the attempts at creating a negative style of commentary. Those not wishing to continue, didn't. The only one that continued, is you. Again, the only person here trying to pick a fight, is you.

I think you should rethink your position.
Last edited by CDNBear; Feb 24th, 2010 at 05:27 PM..
 
Risus
#71
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

OK, just for ****s and giggles, here's the timeline...

To which I replied...



And Avro also replied to...




To which you replied...

To which I replied...

Which is of course a reference to my commentary to you, using your "lame", in quotations of course. Besides the fact that I didn't have anything negative to say about the poster, just the post. Unlike yourself.

To which you replied...

Then I sighted each post you highlighted. None of which has contained the same silliness yours have. Not to mention, none have contained anything that remotely appears to be me trying to pick a fight with anyone that disagreed with me. In fact, I ignored most if not all the attempts at creating a negative style of commentary. Those not wishing to continue, didn't. The only one that continued, is you. Again, the only person here trying to pick a fight, is you.

I think you should rethink your position.

OK, which of the following 'negative' comments don't you understand?:

He's a bigot and prejudiced.
The man is a buffoon and a noted failure-which of those attributes appeals?
He's also a legend in his own mind.
He's a bully.
Can't coach the game he professes to know everything about.
He promotes a part of the game that doesn't need to be part of the game and that has been prov-en time and time again in international play like the Olympics.


I think you can't see beyond the end of your nose. Case closed.
 
talloola
#72
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

People have differing opinions.
He's of one opinion, you are of another. Me, I don't really care, because I don't really follow hockey. Just the Habs and Team Canada.

And his statement was and you can see for yourself before they cut the clip to screw up context...

YouTube - Don Cherry's Controversial Visor Comment

Even with the CBC's usual biased and purposeful editing, he still didn't say anything that was wrong. Again, that's just an opinion of mine.

I've heard him comment on visors many times over the years,
not just once. He probably doesn't do it any more, if he
has half a brain.
 
countryboy
#73
Peter Mansbridge just announced that Don Cherry will be appearing on The National tomorrow night to comment on hockey and who knows what else...don't miss it!
 
talloola
#74
It's nice to have the olympic hockey without cherry being
the cherry on top of the cake, making a grand entrance
in his multi colored 'whatever'.

I remember in Torino when they brought him over in that
boat to make a big entrance to the hockey tournament,
like the court jester.
His act is in toronto, keep it there.

If he wants to come around here as the 'regular' guy to
chat with other hockey radio guys etc., when the olympics are not on, that would be fine, but please not part of 'our' olympics.
 
countryboy
#75
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

It's nice to have the olympic hockey without cherry being
the cherry on top of the cake, making a grand entrance
in his multi colored 'whatever'.

I remember in Torino when they brought him over in that
boat to make a big entrance to the hockey tournament,
like the court jester.
His act is in toronto, keep it there.

If he wants to come around here as the 'regular' guy to
chat with other hockey radio guys etc., when the olympics are not on, that would be fine, but please not part of 'our' olympics.

Hey Talloola, Too late! He's already in Vancouver (I think) and will definitely appear on TV tomorrow night with Pete Mansbridge. I can hardly wait! The parties are already in full swing in Vancouver, so one more "performer" will just add to the fun...I was worried that the Olympics would go by without Don coming to add some extra flair to the event...now I feel better (or will, after tomorrow night!)
 
CDNBear
#76
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

OK, which of the following 'negative' comments don't you understand?:

He's a bigot and prejudiced.
The man is a buffoon and a noted failure-which of those attributes appeals?
He's also a legend in his own mind.
He's a bully.
Can't coach the game he professes to know everything about.
He promotes a part of the game that doesn't need to be part of the game and that has been prov-en time and time again in international play like the Olympics.


I think you can't see beyond the end of your nose. Case closed.

You SJP and Scottfree have a lot in common..."Case closed"...


Look Risus. You obviously don't want to discuss, just as a few of the people, whose posts you dissected didn't want to discuss. The only difference being, they had the maturity to either move on or defend their position.

First you accused me of picking a fight, then you realized that you can't prove that, because, well, I haven't been. You've now moved your position to some imaginary place. Good luck with that. It makes you look like an SJP wannabe, or Scottfree.

Now, if you care to actually defend your opinions of Grapes, with some facts, feel free. Until then, your opinion, is as far as I'm concerned, "lame", to use your very own term.

ttfn Risus.
Last edited by CDNBear; Feb 25th, 2010 at 05:41 AM..
 
wulfie68
#77
So is all this Cherry Hatred going to transfer onto his old player Mike Milbury after his comments about the Russians bringing their "Eurotrash game" to the rink last night? I think way too many people get their panties in knots over these guys... (and I do hate the memory of Mad Mike, the GM who wreaked havoc on my beloved Islanders)
 

Similar Threads

1
Sour 9/11 Grapes
by darkbeaver | Feb 21st, 2007
56
Gripe Of The Day
by missile | Oct 6th, 2005