how about down under winter olympics instead of northern hemisphere all the time ..

c p skeates
i believe it is time the world gave the southern hemisphere a go at the winter olympics instead of the northern hemisphere all the time ..we have held the summer olympics twice so whats the beaf when do we share in with the world ..thredbo australia still gets snow where the world is starting to melt fast .so give us a chance to be in with flyn ..amen ..

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by c p skeates View Post

i believe it is time the world gave the southern hemisphere a go at the winter olympics instead of the northern hemisphere all the time ..we have held the summer olympics twice so whats the beaf when do we share in with the world ..thredbo australia still gets snow where the world is starting to melt fast .so give us a chance to be in with flyn ..amen ..

The site would be limited, probably just Chile or Argentina. Antarctica would be great, but I think there's a shortage of airports and hotels.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

The site would be limited, probably just Chile or Argentina. Antarctica would be great, but I think there's a shortage of airports and hotels.

yeah, lets not go to the southern hemisphere for winter
olympics, and now that we are thinking about it, where
is the next winter olympics, I can't remember.

Ron in Regina

When I think of Australia, snow (or the Winter Olympics) aren't the first things
that come to mind. But... Skiing in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You should contact someone in the Government to advance your idea. Would
you have to travel far to do so? ( )

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

yeah, lets not go to the southern hemisphere for winter
olympics, and now that we are thinking about it, where
is the next winter olympics, I can't remember.

Sochi Russia.

talloola

Sochi Russia.

of course, I shouldn't have forgotton, because
the NHL are always talking about the NHL possibly
not going there next time, I think they will.

Bar Sinister

Sochi Russia.

Yes. That is going to be interesting with Chechyn nationalists just a ski jump away.

Mowich

When the bids were first announced and I found out the BC was in the running had it been up to me,cp, you would have had these ones and gladly.

I cheer just as hard for our athletes when they compete in another country. Though I do believe there is such a thing as home-snow advantage, the cost to have that happen is almost obscene.

Be careful what you wish for.

L Gilbert
Find a spot of the year when you can host winter sports in Australia and put a bid in.
Just an idea.

If Dubai can have a skislope in a building, I can't see why any country can't host a winter Oly.

Ski Dubai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia