Woohoo can't wait to get up there.

UglyAmerican
I am leaving America for good. I am filling out the papers this morning..I am going to have to save up a few Wellfare checks before I leave but I am determined.

What kind of Welfare system do you guys have and how do I get on it..

By the way I can't wait to drink a bunch of those Canadian beers and meet Bret Harte..Any of yall know him?

See yall soon

Andem
Free Thinker
Well,

It will be impossible to get onto welfare if you're coming from the United States, UglyAmerican. If you can find a job, then you're all set. Canada doesn't have a liberal welfare system much anymore in many provinces. Atleast in Ontario.

We're flattered that you wanna come up here, though.

Reverend Blair
If this is who I think it is, he's just trolling Andem.

Andem
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

If this is who I think it is, he's just trolling Andem.

Thanks for the warning, Rev.

I thought the post seemed kind of odd.

Rick van Opbergen
Someone who is seriously leaving to Canada will rather inform the Canadian government website than a Canadian forum in my opinion.

Reverend Blair
There are a few goofs trying to convince people that the only Americans who would to Canada only want to do so to get on our welfare system.

It shows just how incredibly ignorant these people are. It is not easy for an American to move to Canada. A job or way of supporting themselves is a prerequisite for landd immigrant status.

UglyAmerican
Reverend Blair"]There are a few goofs trying to convince people that the only Americans who would to Canada only want to do so to get on our welfare system.

We aren't trying to convince you that they only want to get on your welfare system, we are trying to warn you.

Andem
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by UglyAmerican

Reverend Blair"]There are a few goofs trying to convince people that the only Americans who would to Canada only want to do so to get on our welfare system.

We aren't trying to convince you that they only want to get on your welfare system, we are trying to warn you.

Then instead of trolling around and posting rubbish, why don't you join our current discussions and input an opinion? CanadianContent isn't a warzone but a place for discussing opinions. You won't be shot down if you post your ideas here.

UglyAmerican
I wouldn't want to go up against your giant Canadian intellects Reverend. You boys are way to smart for me.
Besides I'm busy us republicans are in charge of everything here. We own the Congress, the Senate, the Presidency, and we got us a hot little war going. Ain't that America.

Now you boys just sit up there in the cold and tell each other how good you got it..Truth is there ain't a dam one of you wouldn't come down here if you got the chance..

This my last post so I get the last word.
Yall enjoy our worthless cast offs when we send em your way..

Se ya

P.S so none of you knew Bret Harte, are you sure you are canadians?

LadyC
I wouldn't move to the U.S. if you paid me to. I'm quite happy with my life here, thanks. But then, I "ain't a dam one".

How would any of us know Bret Harte? The guy's been dead for over a hundred years - and he wasn't even Canadian.

Bret Harte bio

Unless, of course, you're referring to Bret "The Hitman" Hart of pro "wrestling" fame? If so, you spelled it wrong.

peapod
admen said,
It will be impossible to get onto welfare if you're coming from the United states uglyamerican.

OMG I turned into my avatar when I read that. :P

Reverend Blair
Hey, Andem...is this guy from California or Detroit? Just trying to figure out who we're dealing with.

It doesn't really matter...either way it's pretty clear that he didn't come here for reasonable discussion.

JDream
Liberal
Detroit! :P Yeh.. Just playing with us.. Nice nickname btw, Ugly American, LOL

peapod
Maybe uglyamerican thought we sounded a little bit like americans ourselves lately, I mean with the bragging :P

Reverend Blair
Considering how much we have to brag about, I think we've been pretty reserved Peapod.

ElPolaco
Americano Feo sounds like most people I know. Sad, but true.

Reverend Blair
CO is Colarado, right? Maybe you go hang around the Woody Creek Tavern until Hunter Thompson shows up...he'ss restore you faith in your fellow Americans, or at least call them dirty names.

Numure
OMG!! That was too funny. Worse thing is, I've seen that kind of attitude... More then once. Amasing, does southern people can be.

ElPolaco
Hunter Thompson. Don't think I could handle the 45 and the dobermans--too much like my neighbours. Anyway, he hung out in Pitkin county--income level is far too high up there. I'll stay here in Mesa county where folks are minimum wage, public assistance or both.

Haggis McBagpipe
ElPalaco, are you near that unholy bastion of right-wing mania, Colorado Springs? That has to be the furthest right town in the US, just about, and Chuck Assay writes THE most far-right political cartoons I've ever read. Have you ever seen them?

ElPolaco
No, I'm at the other side of the state about 18 miles from the Utah state line. We're closer to Salt Lake than CO Springs (no comment please, lol). I'm afraid to look at any of his cartoons. They'd probablydepress me. We get inundated with right wing political cartoons as it is.

Haggis McBagpipe
Oh man, you are stuck between a salty rock and a hard place, aren't you!

Salt Lake is quite a town. My daughter and I were on a road trip years ago, when she was a teenager, and we stopped around midnight in Salt Lake City. The front desk clerk was just beside himself about giving us a room, you could see he was sick with disapproval for what he probably thought was a lesbian relationship. He did give us a room in the end, though. Too funny.

Chuck Asay (I mispelled his name before) really is depressing. He is unbelievable, so bad that I quite look forward to reading his cartoon. You might call it the ultimate groaner for the week for me.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Hunter Thompson. Don't think I could handle the 45 and the dobermans--too much like my neighbours. Anyway, he hung out in Pitkin county--income level is far too high up there. I'll stay here in Mesa county where folks are minimum wage, public assistance or both.

He might just share his drugs with you...apparently you can never tell with him. He moved to Pitkin County when it was the poor area. You should read some of his rantings from when the rich people started moving...hilarious.

He still hangs out in the Woody Creek Tavern apparently, but it's a yuppie place now...as much restaurant as bar. That inspired him to set off a smoke/stink bomb in there about a decade ago.

He is on your side though...in his own twisted way.

My Dad and his wife had trouble in Utah a few years ago too, Haggis. My step-mother still uses her maiden name and when they saw her credit card they noticed the names didn't match.

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

My Dad and his wife had trouble in Utah a few years ago too, Haggis. My step-mother still uses her maiden name and when they saw her credit card they noticed the names didn't match.

Utah is a tough place to be if you aren't Mormon, that's for sure. The sad thing is, it is easily one of the most beautiful states. If only they'd vacuum out all the people it would be idyllic.

ElPolaco
LDS (Mormons) are good people. A bit right wing politically, but not violent about it. Mostly conservatives in my church too, just not as homogenous. Some of the LDS fundamentalist groups are really strange, but their not part of the main church. Their polygomous practices I can't begin to understand. They're mainly in Colorado City, AZ and, to a lesser extent, in Hilldale, UT

Martin Le Acadien
Quote: Originally Posted by ElPolaco

LDS (Mormons) are good people. A bit right wing politically, but not violent about it. Mostly conservatives in my church too, just not as homogenous. Some of the LDS fundamentalist groups are really strange, but their not part of the main church. Their polygomous practices I can't begin to understand. They're mainly in Colorado City, AZ and, to a lesser extent, in Hilldale, UT

Spent some time around Delores, Rico, Cortez and Durango area in the 4 corners region, met some LDS folks, very conservative but not pushy or preachy. A co-worker from St. George, Utah gave my daughter a "Book Of Morman" which reads likes biblical SCI-FI! Their beliefs were a tad extreme for me! We discussed the farther-out groups which lived in the backwoods areas and I was told not to mess around there, they weren't normal and even local law enforcement gave them wide berth!

Most areas of Utah are very much a throwback to an earlier time, like the 50's with kids with crew cuts, girls with dresses, very few blue jeans well, you get the picture! My wife had a flat tire in
Southern Utah and while she was out getting ready to change it, several people drove up and helped out! Freaked out my daughters, they thought sure Freddy the Ax Murderer was going to show up at any moment!

Mormons call Non-Mormans "Gentiles" but I never was treated badly. When a Morman brings up the subject of religious conversion-preaching, just answer, "I am not searching at this time" and that usually is the code word which stops the probing! I'll find the Lord my way, you find him your way and the guy down the street will make peace with whomever he or she believes controls the weather!

double 2
Quote: Originally Posted by UglyAmerican

I wouldn't want to go up against your giant Canadian intellects Reverend. You boys are way to smart for me.
Besides I'm busy us republicans are in charge of everything here. We own the Congress, the Senate, the Presidency, and we got us a hot little war going. Ain't that America.

Now you boys just sit up there in the cold and tell each other how good you got it..Truth is there ain't a dam one of you wouldn't come down here if you got the chance..

This my last post so I get the last word.
Yall enjoy our worthless cast offs when we send em your way..

Se ya

P.S so none of you knew Bret Harte, are you sure you are canadians?

What"s your preocupation with Bret Hart ? He"s not as redneck as you think he is .
As for comming down to the U . S . of Assinine not on your best day would I do it . Why ? because of yahoos like you , you , and people like you are the reason that we don't want to have anything to with you . We will take democrates that way you guys will have a gun in every house then you can shoot each other but save six for pall bearers asshole .