what do you think about asylum seekers detention?

View Poll Results: what do you want?
send them back no matter what 1 100.00%
leave the situation the way it is 0 0%
shorten detention to a month and improve health and safety conditions 0 0%
close all detention centers, charity-run place 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

milky
if people are really refugees and their lives are at risk, do you prefer them in a prison awaiting immigration hearing, released into society, or, if the government is afraid they won't show up for immigration hearing, how about a fenced-in building with a high stone fence, security cameras, and security guards patrolling and a guard outside the gate. but the refugees given a key to their own rooms and allowed in the building and yard whenever they want, run by charity workers, nuns, and social workers. they won't be housed with criminals. the place will be reserved only for refugees, and they would be given clothes people gave to charity and not prison uniforms. won't be told when to wake up and when to go to sleep, and it's the charity workers who'll work with them, teach them english etc, not the guards telling them what to do.

and do you think when children under ten are in detention, locked in cells and forced to wear prison uniforms, this is considered child abuse?

petros
We've already tried that and you might got shot for suggesting it in various parts of Canada.

MHz
Do the poll in all the Reservations and that should give you an answer.
I'm guessing the OP thinks the Reservations are a fine solution and in another 100 years they will still be the 'final solution to Canada's Indian problem'.
In a civilized world it would be the ones making people refugees that are 'removed' rather than their violence is full of rewards, real and imagined.

petros
Fire up the Homesteading Act but up it from $10 a quarter section. FCC loan of $100K over 20 years.

THEN fire them into camps.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrai...ian_internment

Nuggler
AND, there's a difference between an asylum seeker and a refugee.

EagleSmack
"I'm fleeing violence in my home country!"

"Don't worry and welcome. We'll send you to Chicago, Los Angeles, or Washington D.C."

milky
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

"I'm fleeing violence in my home country!"

"Don't worry and welcome. We'll send you to Chicago, Los Angeles, or Washington D.C."

you forgot New York

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by milky View Post

you forgot New York

Actually NYC is not like it used to be. White Liberal Elites are pushing out all of the working class and poor to other places.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Actually NYC is not like it used to be. White Liberal Elites are pushing out all of the working class and poor to other places.

Which is as it should be. That land is valuable.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Which is as it should be. That land is valuable.

It just... wasn't supposed to be that way know what I mean?