Vanderzalm's mathematics

JLM
Just heard Bill Vanderzalm on the news extolling the benefits of the G.S.T. + P.S.T. at 12% over the H.S.T. at 10%. When Bill first arrived on the scene about 1975 a lot of us thought he was dumb (not that there's anything wrong with that) but I'm wondering if he's any smarter now. He claims the big corporations are benefitting too much from the H.S.T. (Nothing like cutting your nose off to spite your face) Anyway time for a poll, which choice is best?

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Just heard Bill Vanderzalm on the news extolling the benefits of the G.S.T. + P.S.T. at 12% over the H.S.T. at 10%. When Bill first arrived on the scene about 1975 a lot of us thought he was dumb (not that there's anything wrong with that) but I'm wondering if he's any smarter now. He claims the big corporations are benefitting too much from the H.S.T. (Nothing like cutting your nose off to spite your face) Anyway time for a poll, which choice is best?

Each time Cost go up company's will be fast to hand the cost down.
Each time Cost go down company's will never hand the saving on.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Each time Cost go up company's will be fast to hand the cost down.
Each time Cost go down company's will never hand the saving on.

Don't follow what that has to do with the thread!

In Between Man

Anyway time for a poll, which choice is best?

The HST is the best choice because 10 is a lower number than 12. (source)
Last edited by In Between Man; Jun 8th, 2011 at 07:27 PM..

JLM
+1
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayz View Post

The HST is the best choice because 10 is a lower number than 12. (source)

That's my feeling but we might be out numbered.

taxslave

Willy vanderscam is only fighting theHST because after he singlehandedly destroyed the Social Credit party he was denied membership in the BC Liberal party.
I doubt any company is reaping huge rewards through the HST since all it realy does is show the consumer how much they are really being taxed when before some of the tax that business had to pay was simply hidden in the retail price. I have also noted that some high volume businesses are advertizing that they swallow the HST, in effect a 12% price cut.