Stretching the Harper hatred too far

gerryh
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cabbagesandking View Post

Tomorrow morning I will be putting this in the hands of my lawyer.

roflmfao... another kakato.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+6

Sounds good if you don't have better ways of squandering your money!

IdRatherBeSkiing
+7

And you wonder how lawyers get rich? Fools and their money are soon parted.

skookumchuck
Free Thinker
+5

Does legal aid handle this kind of thing?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Fools and their money are soon parted.

And the lawyers are soon partying!

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3

Does your mommy know about this?

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Does your mommy know about this?

Maybe his lawyer IS his mommy.

Said1
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by skookumchuck View Post

Does legal aid handle this kind of thing?

Not without a referral!

Fletch
+1
So how did the legal advice go? Is this the same lawyer that had a hand in the Guelph/Liberal case? May want a second opinion

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

So how did the legal advice go? Is this the same lawyer that had a hand in the Guelph/Liberal case? May want a second opinion

New day, new subject I'm betting!

MapleDog
Free Thinker
Who's the leader of the liberals now? its been some time since i heard about him or her.

Locutus
+1
bump for justice

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Depends on the messenger.

I can deal gently with most, but blatant lies and incredible stupidity when combined with immense self-satisfied arrogance brings out the worst in me.

You should stop with the lying being stupid and immensely self satisfied and arrogant then. We are tired of it already since years ago. Odd isn,t it that the worst in others so closely mirrors the normal in you.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

You should stop with the lying being stupid and immensely self satisfied and arrogant then. We are tired of it already since years ago. Odd isn,t it that the worst in others so closely mirrors the normal in you.

Watsa-matter? Ran out of Indian-Bashing stories????

CDNBear
+2

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Probably the reaction of the lawyer too.........

CDNBear
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Probably the reaction of the lawyer too.........

Only if he's a better lawyer than Cabbage head is a debater.

Cabbagesandking
No Party Affiliation
+1
I see the dog pack is still yapping. I looked in to bring you up to date.

I met with my lawyer - I thank you for your concerns, btw, about the cost. First, because of the path of my career I have argued a great many court cases without benefit of a lawyer. I could do this one. But, my lawyer is a very old friend and, before he retired a very prominent figure.

He concurs that there is a case to launch. A more serious one against Da Sleeper.

However, we both agree that it is not fair to the owners of the forum - a good forum with many decent, thoughtful and informed participants, that they will be hurt by the fallout from an action and so, I decided not to proceed at this time.

A couple of hours ago there was a potential game changer. I received a phone call from someone who was able to obtain my number because of Da Sleeper's actions. Ironically it was from some one who wanted to assist me in dealing with the perpetrators. I do not know who and don't want to know and do not need assistance.

That, though, brings home the seriousness of this. It could have been some psychopath. It could have been one of you attention seekers and social misfits continuing the harassment. The piling on by two or three more of you cowardly puppies is probably what brought it to this pitch.

If I receive more calls and particularly if I receive one that seems threatening, then Da Sleeper will get a wakeup call from the police and other action will be taken as seems justified.

Govern yourselves accordingly.

skookumchuck
Free Thinker
+5

I met with my lawyer - I thank you for your concerns, btw, about the cost. First, because of the path of my career I have argued a great many court cases without benefit of a lawyer. I could do this one. But, my lawyer is a very old friend and, before he retired a very prominent figure.

He concurs that there is a case to launch. A more serious one against Da Sleeper.

However, we both agree that it is not fair to the owners of the forum - a good forum with many decent, thoughtful and informed participants, that they will be hurt by the fallout from an action and so, I decided not to proceed at this time.

A couple of hours ago there was a potential game changer. I received a phone call from someone who was able to obtain my number because of Da Sleeper's actions. Ironically it was from some one who wanted to assist me in dealing with the perpetrators. I do not know who and don't want to know and do not need assistance.

That, though, brings home the seriousness of this. It could have been some psychopath. It could have been one of you attention seekers and social misfits continuing the harassment. The piling on by two or three more of you cowardly puppies is probably what brought it to this pitch.

If I receive more calls and particularly if I receive one that seems threatening, then Da Sleeper will get a wakeup call from the police and other action will be taken as seems justified.

Given that this is a mostly anonymous web forum, how do we know that the psycho is not you?
Your constant and IMO mostly disingenuous posts on only a couple select subjects are going to attract attention, that is a no brainer. Now if your feelings are hurt because we did not all bow to your superior wisdom, well just take your marbles (what are left of them) and go home. We will mourn......not!

Cabbagesandking
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by skookumchuck View Post

Given that this is a mostly anonymous web forum, how do we know that the psycho is not you?
Your constant and IMO mostly disingenuous posts on only a couple select subjects are going to attract attention, that is a no brainer. Now if your feelings are hurt because we did not all bow to your superior wisdom, well just take your marbles (what are left of them) and go home. We will mourn......not!

I anticipated that from you. The warning stands. I will not be checking again but will see where this falls out.

MapleDog
Free Thinker
Chill out dude,if you go to court with this,it will hurt others for what a few did,btw i think its not as bad as it was for me on a few other boards,and they were sci-fi related boards.

gerryh
+3

bullshyte

IdRatherBeSkiing
+4

If I receive more calls and particularly if I receive one that seems threatening, then Da Sleeper will get a wakeup call from the police and other action will be taken as seems justified

Does this include the voices in your head?

skookumchuck
Free Thinker
+3
Is it too much to assume that cabbage is intelligent enough to know that launching a lawsuit puts what was once anonymous into the public domain. Hope he doesn't have too many skeletons next to his old sweaters.

gerryh
+6

I anticipated that from you. The warning stands. I will not be checking again but will see where this falls out.

If you're not going to be checking back in, what kind of fall out are you expecting?

The only thing I see here is people calling you on your unsubstantiated claims and you getting all upset because we don't take your word for what you post. The reason is, is because we have discounted many of your claims as bullshyte and you just keep on with the same crap. This is NOT something you can sue over. Your hurt feelings are NOT compensatable.

What you need to do is grow the fu ck up or move on. Your bullshyte threats don't gain you a damn thing except more contempt.

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Watsa-matter? Ran out of Indian-Bashing stories????

It,s impossible that I should have run out I haven,t used any, my portfolio is still full of them.

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1
holy jeez i just read the last 4 pages and for sure someone called the "Whhaaaambulance"

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
If there is any legal business I just want to state for the record I don,t know anything and I never saw anything and I,m just an out of work pennyless alcoholic with no fixed address.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

If there is any legal business I just want to state for the record I don,t know anything and I never saw anything and I,m just an out of work pennyless alcoholic with no fixed address.

Same as cabbies lawyer!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

If you're not going to be checking back in, what kind of fall out are you expecting?

The only thing I see here is people calling you on your unsubstantiated claims and you getting all upset because we don't take your word for what you post. The reason is, is because we have discounted many of your claims as bullshyte and you just keep on with the same crap. This is NOT something you can sue over. Your hurt feelings are NOT compensatable.

What you need to do is grow the fu ck up or move on. Your bullshyte threats don't gain you a damn thing except more contempt.

Geez, Gerry, that may well be the wisest post you've ever posted! Keep up the good work!