Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Try-hard arrivistes.

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Sure it's not Armenian? Or Azerbaijani?

Or Assyrian? Like Yossarian?

Possibly.

I believe Armenians are Christian.

I'm not sure about anything at this point.

Catch 22.

Hoid
Not a white guy so he can't just be crazy I guess.

mentalfloss
Allegedly:

We’ve just obtained this Facebook post from the accused Alek Minassian, suspected in the #yongeandfinch mass casualty. Posted early this afternoon. FYI Incel=involuntarily celibate. Elliot Rodger killed 6 ppl at UCSB in 2014 before killing himself @globalnewsto

Last edited by mentalfloss; Apr 23rd, 2018 at 08:26 PM..

Johnnny
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Not a white guy so he can't just be crazy I guess.

What do you mean? He is white just like the woman who shot up the YouTube headquarters. Their just not Euro white

mentalfloss
I just spent the last half hour just trying to figure out what the **** an Incel is.

Where do people come up with this shit?

Yet one possible explanation has emerged online that suggests Minassian was angry over being rebuffed by women.

An apparent Facebook post by a man with the same name and photo as Minassian's LinkedIn profile refers to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger," a 22-year-old responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen more injured.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering him an "incel," or involuntarily celibate. Rodger referred to the men who always seemed to win with women as "Chads" and the women who turned men down as "Stacys."

The apparent posting by Minassian says the "incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys."

CBC News has not been able to independently verify the post as having been written by Minassian.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...sian-1.4632435
Last edited by mentalfloss; Apr 23rd, 2018 at 08:54 PM..

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

The police and ambulance responders should be commended for what they were able to accomplish today.

Proving once again that we have the best city in the country.

Hate to break your little bubble(not really) but the best city in the country would not have these kind of problems.

Walter
Definitely a Muslim attack.

taxslave

i don't think .

fify

I think it is a good argument for.

See above

mentalfloss
+1
So this guy killed these people cause he wasn't getting laid?

Hoid
Hating women....who does that remind you of?

taxslave

Hating women....who does that remind you of?

You. But that is not uncommon for prepubescent 14 year olds.

JLM
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

I'd be more inclined to call it an "Asshole attack".

mentalfloss
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

This would be a much larger thread if that were true.

JLM

Methinks there may have been a bit more to it than that. You'd have to be pretty gullible to believe that malarkey.

mentalfloss
I dunno man.

Have you seen 4chan?

Curious Cdn
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Well there you go, CC we have something in common. My family has an island in Northern Saskatchewan, a river and a street in Regina named after them.

Cheers! Cousin!

White_Unifier

Couldn't he have just joined a local SAA group instead of killing people?

10larry
+5
Dunno about the motive behind this but what stood out for me was the professionalism of the police officer that arrested him. If a dud like const. forcillo had been on the scene he would have blasted the driver full of holes n' we'd never get to interrogate him, why forcillo was not given a life sentence for murdering that kid still puzzles me. The cop today should make all cops proud.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by 10larry View Post

Dunno about the motive behind this but what stood out for me was the professionalism of the police officer that arrested him. If a dud like const. forcillo had been on the scene he would have blasted the driver full of holes n' we'd never get to interrogate him, why forcillo was not given a life sentence for murdering that kid still puzzles me. The cop today should make all cops proud.

?????????????

OpposingDigit
I bad-mouth cops all the time ..... But, I gotta admit that this cop acted pretty professional.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+5
It's a pretty ****ed up world we live in when people on sidewalks are now targets.

OpposingDigit
+1 / -2
Hi! Retired_Can_Soldier:

All over the middle east people are getting killed inside mud huts and in Palestine they are getting killed for protesting on their own land.

petros
JEEPERS H CRACKERS!

I've heard of MGTOWs but never Incels.

MGTOWS are just assholes but these Incels need to hook up with Raelians.

White_Unifier
+2
I just don't get it though. Yes, sex can be enjoyable, but it's still something a healthy-minded man can live without if he must. If a man needs sex so badly that he's prepared to kill for it, he needs professional help.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by OpposingDigit View Post

Hi! Retired_Can_Soldier:

All over the middle east people are getting killed inside mud huts and in Palestine they are getting killed for protesting on their own land.

All over the Middle East people are killing each other in the name of a fake god. By the way, if you're buying the whole god thing I should remind you that we are merely tenants of this planet. No one owns the land.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

It's a pretty ****ed up world we live in when people on sidewalks are now targets.

How is that different than missling weddings and funerals and stuff in countries one is not at war with, or say, what canada did in libya? Where the massive irrigation system was permanently destroyed, all the gold was stolen, the ex leader was raped up the ass, and there are now a rebel central banks, and the rebels gave their own oil bourse, and there are now slave markets?
..AND NO DEMOCRACY!!!

Oh yeah, not to mention that the lockerbie bombing was to be retried at the request of the victims families because they found the CIA and related actually did it, so they released the convict back to libya to avoid the exposure that RE TRIAL would have caused.

They ever figure out who killed all those people at 911 yet, or where those wmds in Iraq are, or where bin laden is yet, or who actually has been gassing those people (CHILDREN?) in syria really?
( Yes, the US /israeli backed rebels did it 50 some odd times for CERTAIN, but we will overlook that.)

...and all those dead children in between.

WE have predicted blowback for all those crimes in the past and whenever it happens, the surprise is really surprising.

When countries use war to make their economies, tragic stuff like this event in TO. is not large potatoes.

"A Single Death is a Tragedy; a Million Deaths is a Statistic" - Joseph Stalin.

BTW, religion is a tool ( as are some other ideologies) to manipulate the indoctrinated and the stupid. It has little to do with the causes for this...that is all about money and power and crime, and only comes into play AFTER THAT point, never before.

Note the weapons stocks after the syria missle attack:

Syria airstrikes added $10 billion to missile manufacturer stock values
http://www.peoplesworld.org/article/...-stock-values/

That is the religion everybody is dying for, and for that kind of money, you also get all kinds of theater...and they make nice medals from the scrap metal that falls on the machine room floor.
Last edited by Danbones; Apr 24th, 2018 at 01:11 AM..

JLM
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I just don't get it though. Yes, sex can be enjoyable, but it's still something a healthy-minded man can live without if he must. If a man needs sex so badly that he's prepared to kill for it, he needs professional help.

Is it the sex per se or is it the rejection in general? There is nothing stopping him from "choking the chicken".

mentalfloss
Stay away from 4chan kids.

Suspect in Toronto van attack described as socially awkward, tech expert

The suspect in the Toronto van attack was a man who travelled through the world with two identities: One as a socially awkward student who rarely spoke, barely functioned and had difficulty controlling tics, and another as an expert-level whiz who could lead classmates through the intricacies of computer chips.

Police Chief Mark Saunders identified the suspect in a vehicle attack that killed at least 10 people and injured 15 as Alek Minassian, 25, of Richmond Hill, Ont. He was not previously known to police.

An Alek Minassian was known to his former classmates in high school and over seven or eight years at Seneca College as a man with no known religious or political affiliations or strong views on anything, nor a penchant for violence.

Their accounts up to a few years ago describe a man some former classmates believed could never learn how to drive, let alone carry out an attack.

At least three former classmates said he appeared to suffer from a social disability. A couple also said he seemed friendly and never had serious conflicts.

One classmate, who worked on a project with him at Seneca in 2015, described Mr. Minassian as someone with a significant social or mental disability who had a hard time speaking to people, difficulty under pressure, and constant physical tics where he shook his hands and tapped his head.

The man, who did not want to be identified, expressed disbelief that Mr. Minassian would even be capable of renting and piloting an automobile. He said, when he knew him, Mr. Minassian didn’t drive, and didn’t know how a steering wheel worked.

The man said in a text conversation that he did not believe the attack would be politically motivated, saying he suspects his former classmate got into an accident, overreacted and panicked, asking police to shoot him in a video captured on the street by a bystander. The man said he heard that Mr. Minassian could code well.

One Seneca student in computer studies said Mr. Minassian had graduated from the program just last week. The student shared with The Globe and Mail a message Mr. Minassian sent to the group “out of the blue” on April 19 telling off his classmates. He added that he believed Mr. Minassian was at Seneca for seven years because he held down several software development jobs.

Saying he did not want to be publicly identified as an associate of a suspected killer because he is currently being interviewed for summer internships, this Seneca student added that he didn’t think Mr. Minassian had lined up any work after college.

The student said the Mr. Minassian he knew of never showed any signs of extremism or of subscribing to any particular religious or ideological persuasion – he was just a somewhat socially awkward young man who was good with computers.

A government source suggested that the suspect is not likely linked to terrorism since the RCMP integrated national security enforcement team has not been called in to investigate.

The RCMP was called in after Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent was run over in Quebec by Martin Couture-Rouleau in October, 2014, because in that case the unit knew he was radicalized. They also investigated the Parliament Hill attack that took place a few days later.

The student looking for internships said the Mr. Minassian who attended his school was a whiz with working with specialized computer chips known as graphical processing units. These chips have traditionally been used to help process images, but can also have other applications where they give computers a lot more processing power.

The student said he wouldn’t describe Mr. Minassian as a loner, exactly, because he would converse when necessary. But, he added, he didn’t interact well.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...-awkward-tech/

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Is it the sex per se or is it the rejection in general? There is nothing stopping him from "choking the chicken".

It's pretty sad though when a compulsive pathological need for sex can lead to mass murder.