Philosophical motivation to love God.


View Poll Results: Who is the Latest Reincarnation of the Enlightened Flailing Buddah? lol !!!
darkbeaver 2 40.00%
Cliffy 5 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

bluedog
#1
"God doesnít use anger to produce his righteousness in us. His wrath doesnít move those in hell to love him. God imputes to us Christís righteousness, then moves us to obey out of gratitude. We love because he first loved us, not because he first intimidated us."

Agree...
Disagree...
Opposed...

Opinion?
 
talloola
#2
Who I am in life, was handed down to me, either by genetics or teaching by my
parents, then by others close to me, who had influence on my life, I learned nothing from any god, I don't believe in any god.
 
Socrates the Greek
#3
God is the invisible force with many faces, no one in the history of man has ever witness the presence of God, there is no hell there is no heaven, using physics and science as a GPS devise vs. religion we arrive at the human origin much faster. Religion is deceptive as to the true origin we came from and therefore religion has a difficult time proving its mythological facts.
 
L Gilbert
#4
Aside from the pseudo-philosophical rhetoric, the evidence that the Christian god isn't fearsome is as lacking as the evidence for its existence.
 
Cliffy
#5
Why is always about the christian god? If you believe their is only one god and that it is universal, then everybody else's god is the same one as yours. Just because you have different beliefs about it, imagine it to have different attributes and personalities, does not change what it is. Since there is so many different views and beliefs, I think it can be safely said that no one knows what it is or what it expects of us or that it even recognizes us as one of its creations. Thinking you know god then becomes just an ego trip.

Thinking there is no god or that it is unknowable, then, becomes the most sensible way to relate to the subject. As far as the universe is concerned, we live on a tiny proton (planet) in a tiny atom (solar system) in a tiny spec of dust and we think that we are somehow important enough for god to give a damn what we think and do. Petty nuts to me.!!!
 
GreenFish66
#6
ITt is what iTt is -It's that simple

Everything is energy and information...choose the info/apply the energy that works the best for you..follow it to the end..see what you find there..

Energy/information/observation/defense/offense/reproduction/ all proves evolution under god/earth/Gia or whatever you wanna call iTt... All as 1...

Postive/Negative/Hot/Cold/1/0..from the infinitely infinite, to the infinitesimal/infintesmal rounded to the closest finite..It is all energy and information based on human observation..

What works for you..?.

I have faith in the future..1 whole to 1 hole..hopefully 1 whole!

What fits in 1 ,comes out the other ,somewhere in between .

Some hope for romantic harmony, some satisfied with 1 big bang.!

...It's all in the eye of the beholder/with permission from the others involved ..

Is it all In 1's dream or in all reality? That's up to 1 and all ..as long as the rest agree with you(huh?)...


From genetic design to outter environmental influences.surely you make you...but so do your genes/ the environment/people who surround you...

If this makes sense ...you get an award!.How about a greenie..

If not ..well maybe iTt's better left in the dark.. Along with the majority.!
 
What's important..Is knowing What the award is for?.Who is recieving the award and most importantly ..Who is giving out the award..?

Many awards to hand out..Question is ..Do you really want the award being offered...?
 
Confused ?..Welcome to the human condition..
 
I hope we find some intelligent alien life forms out there someday..So we can compare answers!.


Perhaps Astro-biology would be the best field of science to study!..
Cuz Astro -biology is cool ...!

Math has proven itself..a very useful tool for measuring and solving a number of problems, but it sucks and hardly anyone but a few know the answers .Most are driven by profits(not prophets).The rest are economits...Noone can prove a mathematician right or wrong without instruction from the teacher/inventor/originator.....

That big calculator in the sky!

That's ITt..!
 
Gotta have faith in the future..All working in part. to put it all together into 1..idea ..1 reality all agree to...ideas not to tear it all apart...for 1 ...
 
We must all work together as 1 . Before relativity is eaten by the bits and pieces of quatuum mechanics ,leadin us all to complexity ending in Chaos..

All that leaves us in 1 big (k)not! ..


I believe in ITt .I like to call it God (cool name)..but I don't limit myself to just 1 book.. ..Because iTt gave us each our own brians to keep ITt ALL in mind...

I have faith in the future of everything, not just myself..

Hey It's ..Better than nothing!

Each piece of the puzzle, keeps growing I know..Deep down, we all know.. That the pieces all fit.no matter how they grow. To make 1 bigger picture..

Everyone/anyone can see the light.!.Fewer can Understand/Use what's in the light. to prove iTt true..


Unfortunatley ,Most are left in the dark.Believing all the signs they read ,written by others ...

Some reach higher .Looking for that spark that will put them up there ,with the stars.The others.The enlightened ones, who make it to that point.What point ? The highest point..The pointy point..What's my point?..

Most got there by Standing on the shoulders of Giants..

I have seen the light!Burned my wings more than once..

Anyone can see it...It's there... right before your eye's!

However you need these special high tech glasses to get the full view. ..for sale only $99.95 http://www.trendhunter.com/photos/33183

or these ones for 1.99

http://www.thinkythings.org/LegGodt/funny-glasses2.jpg


ITt is what it is ..Follow your dreams ..The funs in the adventure..The realities in the results!..

I have no real point..But I think Socrate the greeks idea of everything is electrifying..I'll ride that wave any time ..!

Long live, live music/theories of everything/earth , it's life/all those crazy aliens!

Just add water/air/food /stir /cook to required temperature./let stand.

mmm food for thought tastes good..Can I have some more please ..*P.E.U..was that you? .No?.. must have been me then.
Pardon me ,oh yes ,of course you can be excused..
 
Everything is energy and information..The rest is recyclable waste..

over and out there from here...

In the end, everyone believes in 1..

It is what iTt is!..

Feet on the ground,head in the clouds .with a boost 1 can see the stars!
Over and out there from here "DEEP SPACE"
 
* Person/earth/universe...In the end ..We're all alone ,as far as we know..

Anyone seen hitchhikers guide to the galaxy?

If we could talk to the whales/dolphins we would know for sure what the future holds..Or it all goes to the birds..!
 
Green/clean technology holds the key to the future..

If you got this far ...Thanks for readin my spew...

Headache?...I have Anacin for sale ...$3.99 a bottle or $1.00 a tablet

Not to believe in God(or whatever you call ITt)

Is just plain crazy!It's pure Insanity!

ITt'll Zap ya!

ITt is amazing!
 
L Gilbert
#7
Well, you sure took a lotta space to tell me I am crazy. lol It hasn't zapped either me or Doc Dex and we both challenged the mythical dood bigtime.
 
Cliffy
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Well, you sure took a lotta space to tell me I am crazy. lol It hasn't zapped either me or Doc Dex and we both challenged the mythical dood bigtime.

None the Les, I want some of what ever it is that he is on!
 
L Gilbert
#9
Shrooms out yet around here? lol
 
Cliffy
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Shrooms out yet around here? lol

Not sure but I think it would be closer to fall. I know where some grow in the Slocan but never picked them. Look for horse pastures. I hear they like horse puckies.
 
Francis2004
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by bluedog View Post

"God doesnít use anger to produce his righteousness in us. His wrath doesnít move those in hell to love him. God imputes to us Christís righteousness, then moves us to obey out of gratitude. We love because he first loved us, not because he first intimidated us."

Agree...
Disagree...
Opposed...

Opinion?

Why must God be Christian or even human form ?

Who says he is not Alien and why would we not love him any less.. Strange thought is it not ?

If our God was actually from another world and it was so proven, what would the human race then think ? And would you all of a sudden lose "faith" just because ?
 
L Gilbert
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Not sure but I think it would be closer to fall. I know where some grow in the Slocan but never picked them. Look for horse pastures. I hear they like horse puckies.

I think any kinda shroom just likes shyte. lol They like dead, trees too. We have a variety of tasty treats on our lil batch of hectares. I can't tell one from the other unless it's canned or in a market bin, so other people pick em.
 
Cliffy
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

I think any kinda shroom just likes shyte. lol They like dead, trees too. We have a variety of tasty treats on our lil batch of hectares. I can't tell one from the other unless it's canned or in a market bin, so other people pick em.

Too bad. You are missing out. I commercially picked wild edibles around here for twenty years and I love many of them. Chantrells in spaghetti sauce or beef soup, sauteed Shaggy manes with garlic..... mmmmmm! Meadow mushrooms, Lobsters and Oyster, Morels all make Money's taste like white flour paste. When others are out picking in your meadow, go join them and find out what all the fuss is about.
 
L Gilbert
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Francis2004 View Post

Why must God be Christian or even human form ?

Not sure why concerning the Christian aspect of your question, but I can answer why the human form part - it's a human invention. Perfectly logical to be considered humanoid.

Quote:

Who says he is not Alien and why would we not love him any less.. Strange thought is it not ?

I used to think that when I still fell for the gobblygook and discovered that it makes sense that there would be aliens. What followed was an impression that it could be whatever who views it wants it to look like. (That was a Star Trekian impression).

Quote:

If our God was actually from another world and it was so proven, what would the human race then think ? And would you all of a sudden lose "faith" just because ?

hah! I lost faith a looooooong time ago. (Sung to Concrete Blonde's tune called, surprisingly, "A Long Time Ago", then sung to Jim Croce's tune under the same title).
 
Cliffy
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Francis2004 View Post

Why must God be Christian or even human form ?

Who says he is not Alien and why would we not love him any less.. Strange thought is it not ?

If our God was actually from another world and it was so proven, what would the human race then think ? And would you all of a sudden lose "faith" just because ?

Hell, judging by how we treat our planet, I would think that we are the aliens here. so I have no difficulty believing that their god is too.
 
L Gilbert
#16
I would think that any aliens that aren't a-sentient would be devoid of any such faith in human inventions.
Earth: the insane asylum of the universe. (read it on a bumper sticker).
 
In Between Man
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by bluedog View Post

"God doesnít use anger to produce his righteousness in us. His wrath doesnít move those in hell to love him. God imputes to us Christís righteousness, then moves us to obey out of gratitude. We love because he first loved us, not because he first intimidated us."

Agree...
Disagree...
Opposed...

Opinion?


Agreed.

Good folks will tell you "the only truth we know about God is: we don't know ANYTHING at all." or "if God exists he's distant and unknowable." etc. I contend that if God created the entire universe, including earth and us, would he not care about his creation, much like how a painter cares for his masterpiece?

What we actually do know about God and his relation to you and me and every other person on earth is quite amazing:

I chose you when I planned creation.
Ephesians 1:11-12



For you are my treasured possession.
Exodus 19:5



You were not a mistake,
for all your days are written in my book.

Psalm 139:15-16

And there is truths about God that we know:


I am not distant and angry,
but am the complete expression of love.

1 John 4:16


And it is my desire to lavish my love on you.
1 John 3:1


Simply because you are my child
and I am your Father.

1 John 3:1


So yes, we all have reasons to love God, mainly because as the OP states, he loved us first. And God is willing to lavish his love:

Come home and I'll throw the biggest party
heaven has ever seen.

Luke 15:7




 
MrRight
#18
I believe in a higher power, but until there is absolute PROOF, then I will be less skeptical that there is one.
 
petros
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by bluedog View Post

"God doesnít use anger to produce his righteousness in us. His wrath doesnít move those in hell to love him. God imputes to us Christís righteousness, then moves us to obey out of gratitude. We love because he first loved us, not because he first intimidated us."

Agree...
Disagree...
Opposed...

Opinion?

You control your own emotions not some old hippy guy wearing pjamams & riding on a cloud.
 
Dexter Sinister
#20
That's all very well, Alley, but I have to be convinced he exists before any of that's going to mean anything. I know of no good reason to think any god is anything more than a human invention, I see no sign of his presence, past or present, and I've never seen anything offered in support of his existence that cannot be explained by much more prosaic means. In fact I've never encountered anything but bad or incomprehensible reasons for believing.
 
petros
#21
Oh almost forgot.....which god? Yahweh or one of the other Elohim?
 
petros
#22
Quote:

I see no sign of his presence, past or present, and I've never seen anything offered in support of his existence that cannot be explained by much more prosaic means.

We only see some 80% of the spectrum of light.

If you were the "light of the world" the best place to hide would be in the light. maybe god is in the UV or IR ranges?
 
Cliffy
#23
Alley,

If god created Earth and us, would he not be rather POed at what we have done to his creation? Do you think that just because you believe in what is written in a book that you know nothing about (its origins, its history) that it really has any validity for the rest of mankind? What exactly is your belief based on? Personal experience with the divine? To anybody who knows the origin and history of the bible, it is just a bunch of stuff written by men who wanted to control everybody else.
 
Cliffy
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayz View Post

Agreed.

Good folks will tell you "the only truth we know about God is: we don't know ANYTHING at all." or "if God exists he's distant and unknowable." etc. I contend that if God created the entire universe, including earth and us, would he not care about his creation, much like how a painter cares for his masterpiece?

And I contend that what you call god is the universe because nothing can be created out of nothing. Oh ya! I forgot. He can create anything out of nothing because he is god. That would require him to break the laws of physics that he created. Not too logical, but then, blind faith never is. Your proofs of god seem more like the rantings of a child who refuses to accept that the easter bunny is a commercial and not real.
 
karrie
#25
I disagree I suppose.

I don't think any philosophy can motivate us to love anyone or anything. The notion that we love because we are told to love is flawed, as is the idea that we love because we are told someone loves us.

I think if a person has love , that is where it was born, that is where it originated, with that person. It is theirs, and theirs alone. Not born of some philosophy, not scripted, not explained in simple terms of cause and effect.
 
L Gilbert
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

We only see some 80% of the spectrum of light.

If you were the "light of the world" the best place to hide would be in the light. maybe god is in the UV or IR ranges?

We do have optical and radio telescopes which do observe things in more than just those humanly observable spectrums, you know. Unless this "god" quits morphing its shape all the time and changing wavelengths and all kinds of other stuff it may be doing, we will continue to miss it.
As we have said many times, there is no available evidence for its existence. And the disbelief for it is compounded by the variety and scope of claims for its existence.
 
L Gilbert
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

And I contend that what you call god is the universe because nothing can be created out of nothing. Oh ya! I forgot. He can create anything out of nothing because he is god. That would require him to break the laws of physics that he created. Not too logical, but then, blind faith never is. Your proofs of god seem more like the rantings of a child who refuses to accept that the easter bunny is a commercial and not real.

Not only that, it'd have to create itself first before anything else. lmao Nothing is exactly that, nothing.
 
L Gilbert
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

I disagree I suppose.

I don't think any philosophy can motivate us to love anyone or anything. The notion that we love because we are told to love is flawed, as is the idea that we love because we are told someone loves us.

I think if a person has love , that is where it was born, that is where it originated, with that person. It is theirs, and theirs alone. Not born of some philosophy, not scripted, not explained in simple terms of cause and effect.

Cute and smart, too.
 
Cliffy
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

I disagree I suppose.

I don't think any philosophy can motivate us to love anyone or anything. The notion that we love because we are told to love is flawed, as is the idea that we love because we are told someone loves us.

I think if a person has love , that is where it was born, that is where it originated, with that person. It is theirs, and theirs alone. Not born of some philosophy, not scripted, not explained in simple terms of cause and effect.

Where does love come from? What is it? What is the universe made of? What is the foundation of all that is? Energy. Creative energy, to be more precise and that energy can be said to be love (as in god is love). So I believe that to be in love, is to feel the connection that we all have to the source - god/universe/love/creative energy.

Most don't feel that because they have been taught that we were born in sin (disconnected from g.o.d.). We are taught that there is a shortage of love and that it has to be earned or you have to qualify for your share (believe in this or that dogma). But the universe is infinite and so is the energy that sustains it, underlies it, creates it. Therefore, it is only in our minds (as conditioned as they are by society) that keeps us separate from the source. To feel reconnected we would have to realize that we are worthy first and do not need anybody's approval.

Being in love is knowing you are love, a part of it, the source of it.
 
L Gilbert
#30
I love cherries.
 

Similar Threads

8
A Philosophical Commercial Break
by jimmoyer | Sep 21st, 2007
0
Philosophical Story
by Marie | Feb 6th, 2007
24
philosophical question?
by peapod | Sep 14th, 2004
4
Serious Philosophical Thread.
by American Voice | Jun 28th, 2004