HBO apologizes for putting George W. Bush's head on stake in 'Game of Thrones'


Locutus
#1
It's all about ratings eh. Attention-whoring, Madonnaesque and being 'provocative' or 'edgy' I suppose. Maybe they can hang Barry from a tree next. Whatever...it's still pretty lame.




LOS ANGELES -

HBO has apologized for using a model head of former President George W. Bush in a grisly decapitation scene for its hit drama "Game of Thrones."


The tenth episode of the first season of "Game of Thrones," now out on DVD, features the younger Bush's head on a stake.


Commentary on the DVD notes that his head appears in a "couple of beheading scenes."


The show creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss stated that George W. Bush's was used as physical inspiration to create a head for a scene in which King Joffrey shows Sansa Stark her deceased father's head on a stick.


"It's not a choice, not a political statement!" one of the writers insisted during the DVD commentary. "We just had to use what heads we had around."


HBO did not respond to FOXNews.com's request for comment, but as outrage mounted Wednesday, the network released a statement saying they were "deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste." HBO also said the scene would be removed from future DVD pressings.


The producers also attempted to explain the incident.


"We use a lot of prosthetic body parts on the show: heads, arms, etc. We can't afford to have these all made from scratch, especially in scenes where we need a lot of them, so we rent them in bulk," their statement read.


"After the scene was already shot, someone pointed out that one of the heads looked like George W. Bush. In the DVD commentary,

we mentioned this, though we should not have. We meant no disrespect to the former President and apologize if anything we said or did suggested otherwise."


Read more: HBO
 
B00Mer
+1
#2
allot to do about nothing.. just hurry up and put joffrey's head on a stake.

 
CDNBear
+1
#3
That show plays out like it was written by a 13 year old nerd, and comes off as directed at the same demographic.

HBO should apologize for more than just misguided props.

 
MapleDog
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

That show plays out like it was written by a 13 year old nerd, and comes off as directed at the same demographic.

HBO should apologize for more than just misguided props.

And falsely showing that people were all good looking back then,if they'd looked at some of the arts,they'd see that many looked like crap

Quote:

Too bad no chicks will let you touch them dude
 
B00Mer
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

That show plays out like it was written by a 13 year old nerd, and comes off as directed at the same demographic.

enlighten us.. what do you find entertaining and watch on TV.. when you're not here Trolling around.. which does not give you much time for TV, or a job, or a life.
 
CDNBear
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

enlighten us.. what do you find entertaining and watch on TV.. when you're not here

Nothing as purile as that nonsense.

I actually have a wife, with boobs I can play with, and unlike you, I don't have to pay for the pleasure, perv little girls from afar or fantasize about them watching some silly show on HBO, lol.

When I do watch TV, I watch shows like Deadliest Catch or Wild Justice.

Quote:

Trolling trolls like me..

FIFY.

Quote:

which does not give you much time for TV, or a job, or a life.

Geezus, you could at least learn to tell time, even downsyndrom kids learn to tell time. I'm on line in the evenings, for 2 to 4 hours max. With wifi, I can be anywhere in the house, or on the deck.

I'm really getting tired of having to explain these simple things to you. The humour in watching you embarrass yourself makes up for it though.
 
B00Mer
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Nothing as purile as that nonsense.

I actually have a wife, with boobs I can play with, and unlike you, I don't have to pay for the pleasure, perv little girls from afar or fantasize about them watching some silly show on HBO, lol.

When I do watch TV, I watch shows like Deadliest Catch or Wild Justice.

FIFY.

Geezus, you could at least learn to tell time, even downsyndrom kids learn to tell time. I'm on line in the evenings, for 2 to 4 hours max. With wifi, I can be anywhere in the house, or on the deck.

I'm really getting tired of having to explain these simple things to you. The humour in watching you embarrass yourself makes up for it though.

Actually the humor is in actually watching you defend your lifestyle. lol That's has to be embarrassing for ya.. tisk tisk

So you're not Gay, dam your actions had me fooled.. you played the part so well.

Deadliest Catch or Wild Justice, really.. let me guess Pawn Stars too... lol
 
CDNBear
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Actually the humor is in actually watching you defend your lifestyle.

Ummm, I'd ask if you understood the difference between defending and explaining. But at this point, it would be an effort in futility.

Quote:

So you're not Gay, dam your actions had me fooled.. you played the part so well.

Are you aware of what the attempt at weaponizing homosexuality says about you?

D'oh! Look who I'm asking, of course you don't, lol.

Quote:

Deadliest Catch or Wild Justice, really.. let me guess Pawn Stars too... lol

Nope, only the daft such as yourself watch crap like that.
 
B00Mer
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Nope, only the daft such as yourself watch crap like that.

Porn Stars.. no thanks.. I just figured you for that Limey sh!t like Coronation street.
 
CDNBear
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Porn Stars.. no thanks.. I just figured you for that Limey sh!t like Coronation street.

Of course you would, you haven't exhibited any signs of clear comprehension or more than below average perception, skills.
 
B00Mer
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Of course you would, you haven't exhibited any signs of clear comprehension or more than below average perception, skills.

isn't it past your bed time..??
 
CDNBear
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

isn't it past your bed time..??

No, I'm older than you apparently.
 
B00Mer
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Of course you would, you haven't exhibited any signs of clear comprehension or more than below average perception, skills.

So that mean yes.. you watch Coronation street..
 
CDNBear
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

So that mean yes.. you watch Coronation street..

Only to someone with as below average cognitive skills as you.

Please stop embarrassing yourself, I really am starting to feel sorry for you now.
 
B00Mer
#15
Later Avro (aka CNDBear)
 
CDNBear
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Later Avro (aka CNDBear)

LOL... You don't have to keep reaffirming your poor deductive reasoning skills.

Later BOOMer, have fun at the call center.
 
B00Mer
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Later BOOMer, have fun at the call center.

you're just jealous because I make more money than you...

HBO: Real Time with Bill Maher ?
 
Bar Sinister
+2
#18  Top Rated Post
Haven't watched the series and don't intend to since it will probably take Mr. Martin at least five years to finish writing the conclusion to the series (he habitually takes about 3 years to finish a book); but it seems to me that HBO has done what no one else was able to do - find a use for GW Bush's head.
 
DurkaDurka
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

That show plays out like it was written by a 13 year old nerd, and comes off as directed at the same demographic.

HBO should apologize for more than just misguided props.

read the books, you might think differently.
 
s_lone
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

read the books, you might think differently.

I'll second that.
 
mentalfloss
+1
#21
Never noticed that.

Awesome.

Hopefully Cheney's next.
 
petros
+1
#22
 
MapleDog
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Never noticed that.

Awesome.

Hopefully Cheney's next.

Nah Cheney will shoot anyone trying to put his head on a stake....."right in their heads"
 
CDNBear
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

you're just jealous because I make more money than you...

I highly doubt that, not that it matters. But even if it were true, only a shallow idiot would think it mattered. I'm not surprised in the least that you think it matters, lol.
 
Niflmir
+1
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

allot to do about nothing.. just hurry up and put joffrey's head on a stake.

To ruin it for you: he gets poisoned at the end of next season.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

That show plays out like it was written by a 13 year old nerd, and comes off as directed at the same demographic.

HBO should apologize for more than just misguided props.

You should read the books. They are much gorier. Just as you get attached to a character, they die a pointless gruesome death and then the focus of the story goes to the people you were hating on before.
 
CDNBear
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Niflmir View Post

You should read the books. They are much gorier. Just as you get attached to a character, they die a pointless gruesome death and then the focus of the story goes to the people you were hating on before.

Not my genre.

When I read fiction, it's usually Tom Clancy or something akin to.
 
Niflmir
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Not my genre.

When I read fiction, it's usually Tom Clancy or something akin to.

I'm a Sci-Fi and fantasy fan. It's nice to see those genres finally getting some love. Even if some of them really are terrible...
 
CDNBear
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Niflmir View Post

I'm a Sci-Fi and fantasy fan. It's nice to see those genres finally getting some love. Even if some of them really are terrible...

I tried reading some of John Norman's works years ago. Again, not my genre.

I tried watching Game of Thrones, it was just terrible in my opinion. I'm not trying to sound like a prude or an intelligentsia, but it really came off shallow with copious amounts of sex, sexuality and boobs, just for the sake of titillating the audience, with a plot slapped on for good measure.
 
Niflmir
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

I tried reading some of John Norman's works years ago. Again, not my genre.

I tried watching Game of Thrones, it was just terrible in my opinion. I'm not trying to sound like a prude or an intelligentsia, but it really came off shallow with copious amounts of sex, sexuality and boobs, just for the sake of titillating the audience, with a plot slapped on for good measure.

That's HBO for you: soft core porn for the people that cannot admit that they want to watch porn. You didn't see True Blood before it?

It is funny though, they cut a lot of things out of the plot, but the things they added all had to do with characters having sex with one another. Hell, they even cut the scene where Joffrey catapults captive prisoners that they captured at the approaching army. That scene had purpose: Joffrey is a twisted ****. Replaced instead with a gay love scene between Renly and the knight of Roses... whatever his name is.
 
CDNBear
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Niflmir View Post

That's HBO for you: soft core porn for the people that cannot admit that they want to watch porn. You didn't see True Blood before it?

Didn't even give it a second thought, let alone a moment of my time.

Quote:

It is funny though, they cut a lot of things out of the plot, but the things they added all had to do with characters having sex with one another. Hell, they even cut the scene where Joffrey catapults captive prisoners that they captured at the approaching army. That scene had purpose: Joffrey is a twisted ****. Replaced instead with a gay love scene between Renly and the knight of Roses... whatever his name is.

LMAO!!!

I pick apart movies adapted from Tom Clancy novels too. They haven't made on yet that captured the book in any relevant way. Just action action action!

My favourite of his works, Ranbow Six, would make an awesome mini series. But you couldn't cram the plot, cloak and dagger, and action into an hour and a half long movie.