From the Author of Left Behind....

u205
Tattooed Rats!??!

I just saw an ad for it today. Has anyone read it? Is it as good as the Left Behind books? Who is this new co-author; John Perrodin????? So many questions! I need answers!

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by u205 View Post

Tattooed Rats!??!

I just saw an ad for it today. Has anyone read it? Is it as good as the Left Behind books? Who is this new co-author; John Perrodin????? So many questions! I need answers!

The "Left Behind" books??? What are those?

m_levesque
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctus View Post

The "Left Behind" books??? What are those?

A series of books about the pentecostal "end-times" Theories. Supposedly there is some sort of a "rapture" taking the "saved" to heaven and leaving sinners behind.

BitWhys
Premillenial textual criticism of Revelations in pop novel form brought to us by the good folks of the Moral Majority.

mabudon
There's also a game for PS2 (I think) out there that's based on "Left Behind" too, it caused a bit of a stir since you are supposed to convert infidels (can't recall the terminology it uses) and gain spirit power in the service of the Fightin Jesus- the complaints came from the fact that you can also KILL people who resist you, but it costs you some "spirit", so your character has to pray in order to get "pardoned" for killing folks...
I am sorta morbidly curious about the game- I bet it sucks game-play wise but it might be kinda funny...

Sorry, just wanted to add a related footnote there, carry on

m_levesque
Quote: Originally Posted by BitWhys View Post

Premillenial textual criticism of Revelations in pop novel form brought to us by the good folks of the Moral Majority.

Problem is, as probably sanctus knows better than me, all that stuff about the rapture, etc, is NOT in the Book of Revelations.In fact, it is fairly new theology that sprung from the American Pentecostal movement at the beginning of the last century. Sanctus, care to comment? (our own in-house expert-hah hah hah hah)

mapleleafgirl
Quote: Originally Posted by m_levesque View Post

A series of books about the pentecostal "end-times" Theories. Supposedly there is some sort of a "rapture" taking the "saved" to heaven and leaving sinners behind.

my dad, who got born-again, used to talk aout the rapture all the time before he left us. i dont really understand what it is about. can anyone tell me exactly what a rapture is suposed to be anyways?