Deny Climate Change@Your own Risk.


Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
-1
#1
Climate Crisis Comes Home to Roost in the Midwest

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+5
#2
Whoooo a single year weather anomaly is proof of global warming.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -2
#3
Wow! The denial of thousands of weather anomalies world wide over decades by one climate denier is proof that the whole thing is bogus. I am amazed at the small mindedness of deniers.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
-2
#4
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
-2
#5
Is climate change actually a 'climate crisis'? Some think so

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...166678?cmp=rss

It is probably gaining momentum to a crisis.-quite rapidly
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3
#6
Tornados active in Tornado alley is proof of climate change Oh Ok carry on SMFH
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2 / -2
#7
Photo of sled dogs walking through water shows reality of Greenland's melting ice sheet

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/17/healt...&nsid=90182369
 
Walter
+3
#8
Who is denying that climate changes?
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Who is denying that climate changes?


 
Hoid
-2
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Who is denying that climate changes?

the same people who believe only white people are discriminated against

is that a surprise?

no. that makes perfect sense
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

the same people who believe only white people are discriminated against

is that a surprise?

no. that makes perfect sense

and Christians are being persecuted...
 
Walter
+6
#12  Top Rated Post
In other werds, no one is denying climate changes. The real debate is what the cause is and what can be done about it.

I say the Sun causes climate change and peoplekind can do dick about it.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
+3
#13
Adapt to the shorter growing seasons appropriately.

...and make certain the appropriate fuels are available reliably and cheaply.

Oh crap...we can't even burn the toonies and loonies.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
+5
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Wow! The denial of thousands of weather anomalies world wide over decades by one climate denier is proof that the whole thing is bogus. I am amazed at the small mindedness of deniers.


Despite What You've Heard, Global Warming Isn't Making Weather More Extreme

What do you see in these charts. There is no trend in any of them.







https://www.investors.com/politics/e...-more-extreme/
etc...

Mommy, where does bullsh!t come from?
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+3
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Despite What You've Heard, Global Warming Isn't Making Weather More Extreme

What do you see in these charts. There is no trend in any of them.







https://www.investors.com/politics/e...-more-extreme/
etc...

Mommy, where does bullsh!t come from?

Hyperbole.
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

In other werds, no one is denying climate changes. The real debate is what the cause is and what can be done about it.

I say the Sun causes climate change and peoplekind can do dick about it.


People CAN do things, what I don't get is WHY people don't seem to want to do anything.


So you think the climate is changing, but we can't do anything about it? Why not, Walter? En mass, if humans did more to stop putting pollutants and such into our environments, if we stopped clear cutting forests - especially rain forests and old growth - and if we stopped massacring animals just for some misguided and misplaced sense of superiority, why would any of that be bad? What is so wrong with WANTING cleaner air, more animals, more forest, clean water, etc?


Seriously; what is so wrong with these things?
 
Mowich
Conservative
+2
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

People CAN do things, what I don't get is WHY people don't seem to want to do anything.


So you think the climate is changing, but we can't do anything about it? Why not, Walter? En mass, if humans did more to stop putting pollutants and such into our environments, if we stopped clear cutting forests - especially rain forests and old growth - and if we stopped massacring animals just for some misguided and misplaced sense of superiority, why would any of that be bad? What is so wrong with WANTING cleaner air, more animals, more forest, clean water, etc?


Seriously; what is so wrong with these things?


Massacring animals because we are superior? Good grief. As for clear cutting forests, putting pollutants and 'such' into our environment, I suggest you take a trip to China, or Russia or India or Brazil or any of the many countries who don't give a damn about 'climate change' and could care less about the consequences. No matter what Canada does, the countries who do not accept the current doctrine of 'man-made climate change will continue to pollute. Preaching to Canadians who do believe that the climate is changing will do nothing to change those facts.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
-2
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

People CAN do things, what I don't get is WHY people don't seem to want to do anything.


So you think the climate is changing, but we can't do anything about it? Why not, Walter? En mass, if humans did more to stop putting pollutants and such into our environments, if we stopped clear cutting forests - especially rain forests and old growth - and if we stopped massacring animals just for some misguided and misplaced sense of superiority, why would any of that be bad? What is so wrong with WANTING cleaner air, more animals, more forest, clean water, etc?


Seriously; what is so wrong with these things?

Not a thing. Just because some folks ..even in CDA don't want to take responsibility for their polluting behavior......does note mean that others who are eco conscious......should not keep going on with their efforts. Just because a few highly populated countries behave in anti eco friendly ways.....does not mean that many others should stop their efforts. Hopefully the pollutant guilty nations will clue in at some point.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+4
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Not a thing. Just because some folks ..even in CDA don't want to take responsibility for their polluting behavior......does note mean that others who are eco conscious......should not keep going on with their efforts. Just because a few highly populated countries behave in anti eco friendly ways.....does not mean that many others should stop their efforts. Hopefully the pollutant guilty nations will clue in at some point.

Is this thread about pollution or is it about global warming cooling changing ??? Pollution sucks and itís bad and we need to do something about that. The change in climate is a different animal altogether though. Pick one topic or the other and I will do debate it or agree with it, but they are two different things. Right now it is summer in the northern hemisphere in winter in the southern hemisphere.... so warmth in the north and cold in the south would be normal-ish whatever normal is. Today in late June it is snowing in parts of British Columbia and western Alberta which is odd but not unheard of. Oddly cold for this time of year but thatís weather I guess. Saskatchewan just went through the coldest winter on record in the last 86 years, but that too is just weather I guess. Somebody in the post above mine noted that on one day somewhere in northern Europe far north it reached 87įF so thatís proof of global warming? A couple weeks ago I was looking at a picture of a kangaroo in Australia jumping along through the snow which is uncommon but not unheard of in Australia but thatís just the weather I guess. Odd but itís a weird world we live in.
Where I sit as Iím dictating this to my phone 12,000 years ago was under about a mile of ice and many millions of years ago was under an inland sea populated with mosasaurs and giant sharks, and today itís farmland. Climate changes. 10,000 years ago where the Sahara desert is the day was very wet and lush but not today. Before the end of the last mass glaciation the sea level was about 400 feet lower than it is today...And today it is what it is where it is.
Pollution is a bad thing, but pollution and claims of anthropomorphic climate change our two very different things.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Massacring animals because we are superior? Good grief. As for clear cutting forests, putting pollutants and 'such' into our environment, I suggest you take a trip to China, or Russia or India or Brazil or any of the many countries who don't give a damn about 'climate change' and could care less about the consequences. No matter what Canada does, the countries who do not accept the current doctrine of 'man-made climate change will continue to pollute. Preaching to Canadians who do believe that the climate is changing will do nothing to change those facts.

While we only reduce actual pollution because we shipped the good jobs over seas to countries they currently want to completely rape after our economy has completely crashed and our turn is done.

Just ask Maurice Strong.

(Well, look up his quotes)

Just look how they treat Muslims, Tibetans, women, children, Hong Konganites and good Falon Gong organ players over in China. While they appear to hate anyone or thing that doesn't agree with them, I know it may be considered hateful by some to point out there is one group the Chinese won't prosecute or boycott...and they want to rule or destroy everyone else eventually.

Some of these rich people of influence ( from the US, and are part of the clique running this scam) won't let us plant fish here in the bay because of their cottages because they don't like to see the odd fisherman troll by. So they are not out for anyone's good but their own.
Last edited by Danbones; Jun 20th, 2019 at 06:01 AM..
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Massacring animals because we are superior? Good grief.


Well "Good grief" to those who actually say that animals are there for us to slaughter and that's all. I've even heard the Bible as an excuse as to why it's our 'right' to do with animals as we see fit, including hunting to extinction. Given the amount of animals killed just for TROPHIES... what would YOU call the reasoning behind someone who hunts like that? Sport? Psh, how sporting can it be when the animals now are pretty much baited and/or raised specifically to be killed? Food? Maybe for prey animals, but just as many predators are killed, so what's the excuse there? Money to the local economy? Maybe though I understand that's debatable, and what happens when the last of that species is hunted out? No more money to the local economy, soooo...

So yeah, I'd call it massacring animals because we have this superiority complex. That it's a "because they are there" complex.



Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

As for clear cutting forests, putting pollutants and 'such' into our environment, I suggest you take a trip to China, or Russia or India or Brazil or any of the many countries who don't give a damn about 'climate change' and could care less about the consequences.


I don't need to, I know. And that's what I mean. I don't care WHAT country you're from, it seems to be a general, overall consensus that as a human, we should not give a shit.

Why???

What's wrong with trying to use economical influences on those more polluting countries to stop/change things? What's wrong with pushing the "do something" belief? What's wrong with pushing the "it has to stop" belief? If countries like Canada and the US have people who don't think that we need to give a shit about the environment, then why should other countries? Why should they live under the "do as I say, not as I do" rule? I mean, what incentive would India or China have to clean up their acts, literally, when the US just erased a lot of THEIR protections?

Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

No matter what Canada does, the countries who do not accept the current doctrine of 'man-made climate change will continue to pollute. Preaching to Canadians who do believe that the climate is changing will do nothing to change those facts.


I'm not even saying it's man-made climate change.

Or even climate change at all.

I'm asking why is wanting a cleaner world, a more protected world, BAD?
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
+3
#22
It's bad when its a scam meant to destroy your country's economy for the benefit of other people.

While meanwhile, no environment gets fixed or protected for anyone but the rich who are causing this intentional disparity.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+5
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Not a thing. Just because some folks ..even in CDA don't want to take responsibility for their polluting behavior......does note mean that others who are eco conscious......should not keep going on with their efforts. Just because a few highly populated countries behave in anti eco friendly ways.....does not mean that many others should stop their efforts. Hopefully the pollutant guilty nations will clue in at some point.

So have you been to Granville Island lately ? Do you see the kayakers out sharing the clean water with the fish and seals ? Now think back prior to Expo 86 when False Creek was a dead zone full of stinky slimy sludge . We do and are cleaning our environment and changing habits to protect same environment . How will giving government more of your tax help the environment ? If we banned politicians and bureaucrats from flying we would do more for the environment then all the carbon taxes combined .
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+4
#24
 
petros
+3
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Is climate change actually a 'climate crisis'? Some think so
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...166678?cmp=rss
It is probably gaining momentum to a crisis.-quite rapidly

Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Tornados active in Tornado alley is proof of climate change Oh Ok carry on SMFH

Cold, dry air from the north colliding with hot moist air from the south creates tornados.

Hot dry air colliding with hot moist air can't create tornados.

Impossible.
 
petros
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

The JST is doomed.
 
petros
+2
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Cold, dry air from the north colliding with hot moist air from the south creates tornados.
Hot dry air colliding with hot moist air can't create tornados.
Impossible.

Most tornadoes form from thunderstorms. You need warm, moist air from the Gulf of Mexico and cool, dry air from Canada. When these two air masses meet, they create instability in the atmosphere. ... Most strong and violent tornadoes form within this area of strong rotation.
https://www.weatherwizkids.com õ weath...
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Cold, dry air from the north colliding with hot moist air from the south creates tornados.
Hot dry air colliding with hot moist air can't create tornados.
Impossible.

Yeah but all that Hot Air out of Ottawa politicians and they had tornados last month..

Blame Trudeau, blame Trudeau.. *singing*

https://youtu.be/G-l0EfzfU94
Last edited by B00Mer; Jun 20th, 2019 at 11:20 AM..
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

It's bad when its a scam meant to destroy your country's economy for the benefit of other people.

While meanwhile, no environment gets fixed or protected for anyone but the rich who are causing this intentional disparity.


A scam to destroy a country's economy...


Proof please? I mean, I get that initially yes, it's likely being environmentally considerate might be costly, usually all things are, but as better tech is created/invented and more focus put into such things (which is only happening a little bit comparatively to what it could), I don't see the economy being destroyed. But then I'm not suffering from innate greed like so many.



As for it being a benefit of 'other people'... ALL people benefit from a cleaner world.


So if I go out into the environment and am able to do so without seeing trash all over, or non-degrading plastics and whatnot, I'm not benefiting?


Sorry, not proving your point about why it's BAD to want a cleaner, healthier Earth...
 
petros
+3
#30
We ("the West") are advancing far too fast. There are people living a 18th century existence in 21st century world.

This is about us slowing down for the rest to catch up and nothing to do with pollution or climate.

How can this:



compete with this?

Last edited by petros; Jun 20th, 2019 at 01:03 PM..