What's Trump Done Now?


Twin_Moose
Conservative
#9151
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Because it's the Constitutional duty of the Congress to obey the president.

It shouldn't have come to this, it is what it is now
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#9152
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

It shouldn't have come to this, it is what it is now

Bigly covfefe, Yo-semite.
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1
#9153
But, wait, doesn't Trump sign executive orders?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/en...b6b9cff7f3fac5
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+2
#9154
The moment when Trump was asked how history will remember civil rights leader John Lewis.

Trump proves over and over again just how small of a man he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moq5o1C5uRw
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+3
#9155
He just stated today that young school age children rarely pass on or spread the virus. What a buffoon!
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
#9156
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

He just stated today that young school age children rarely pass on or spread the virus. What a buffoon!


Right? He wants those kids back in school for one reason and one reason only, and we know what that reason is. He is willing to put anyone in harms way to get reelected, it's all about his fragile ego.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
#9157
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Right? He wants those kids back in school for one reason and one reason only, and we know what that reason is. He is willing to put anyone in harms way to get reelected, it's all about his fragile ego.

He is a dangerous risk taker. ......and risking other people's kids during a pandemic is about as low as anyone can get. AS LONG AS HE GETS WHAT HE WANTS. Once he is elected , in his mind...he will either deal with the flack later or continue to ignore it.. particularly if kids start getting sick en masse. He has shown that he could care less about others........unless they server some purpose for him......... and can be discarded at his convenience . Sociopath. and very sadistic.
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1
#9158
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

He is a dangerous risk taker. ......and risking other people's kids during a pandemic is about as low as anyone can get. AS LONG AS HE GETS WHAT HE WANTS. Once he is elected , in his mind...he will either deal with the flack later or continue to ignore it.. particularly if kids start getting sick en masse. He has shown that he could care less about others........unless they server some purpose for him......... and can be discarded at his convenience . Sociopath. and very sadistic.


Oh he'll just dismiss any flack that may come his way, or he'll blame China or Governors. He doesn't care if kids get sick, that's nothing but something to step over for him. Hell he doesn't care that over 164,000 Americans are dead, what's a few kids? There's an election to win dammit!

MAGA!
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+3
#9159
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

He is a dangerous risk taker. ......and risking other people's kids during a pandemic is about as low as anyone can get. AS LONG AS HE GETS WHAT HE WANTS. Once he is elected , in his mind...he will either deal with the flack later or continue to ignore it.. particularly if kids start getting sick en masse. He has shown that he could care less about others........unless they server some purpose for him......... and can be discarded at his convenience . Sociopath. and very sadistic.


As far as I'm concerned I'm on the fence myself with regards to the school issue. There's a couple of risks that have to be seriously considered and weighed. I believe there is a way to get SOME kids back to class safely, many of them in areas where the virus isn't running rampant. On the other side of the coin if we don't get kids back in class soon, years down the road there will a gap in the number of available professionals or professionals who aren't fully qualified. The missed time in formal education has to be made up somehow. I suspect there are already kids in the system who are unqualified yet being promoted.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#9160
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

As far as I'm concerned I'm on the fence myself with regards to the school issue. There's a couple of risks that have to be seriously considered and weighed. I believe there is a way to get SOME kids back to class safely, many of them in areas where the virus isn't running rampant. On the other side of the coin if we don't get kids back in class soon, years down the road there will a gap in the number of available professionals or professionals who aren't fully qualified. The missed time in formal education has to be made up somehow. I suspect there are already kids in the system who are unqualified yet being promoted.

You're in good company. Doc Fauci says it should depend on local conditions and local preparation.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#9161
I always said there ain't a whole lot a government can do about the economy anyhow. Proof of this is the fact that if the government could control the economy the way some folk seem to think it can, we'd never have anything but prosperity and growth.

Fiddling around at the margins, a few percent, is the best a government can do, and prevent bad times from hurting the poorest too bad.

This knucklehead and his ship of fools (I can't call it a political party) seems bound and determined to hurt folks as much as it can, when they're up for election.

Compare the Germans. In economic hard times, they increase government spending on infrastructure and associated jobs. In good times, they ease off on the public works. Simple, obvious, and too complicated for MAGA! to figure out.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#9162
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I always said there ain't a whole lot a government can do about the economy anyhow. Proof of this is the fact that if the government could control the economy the way some folk seem to think it can, we'd never have anything but prosperity and growth.

Fiddling around at the margins, a few percent, is the best a government can do, and prevent bad times from hurting the poorest too bad.

This knucklehead and his ship of fools (I can't call it a political party) seems bound and determined to hurt folks as much as it can, when they're up for election.

Compare the Germans. In economic hard times, they increase government spending on infrastructure and associated jobs. In good times, they ease off on the public works. Simple, obvious, and too complicated for MAGA! to figure out.


I guess the "bottom line" is the economy is pretty much dependent on the people's ability and propensity to spend money.
 
Hoid
#9163
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I always said there ain't a whole lot a government can do about the economy anyhow. Proof of this is the fact that if the government could control the economy the way some folk seem to think it can, we'd never have anything but prosperity and growth.

Fiddling around at the margins, a few percent, is the best a government can do, and prevent bad times from hurting the poorest too bad.

This knucklehead and his ship of fools (I can't call it a political party) seems bound and determined to hurt folks as much as it can, when they're up for election.

Compare the Germans. In economic hard times, they increase government spending on infrastructure and associated jobs. In good times, they ease off on the public works. Simple, obvious, and too complicated for MAGA! to figure out.

This is total bullshit.

In the last 6 months the governments of the world have prevented the global economy from total collapse.

They are pumping trillions of dollars into the machine to keep it all running.

Fool around at the margins?
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#9164
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

So far, so good.
"Sporadic protests continued across the United States this week, while Attorney General William P. Barr defended the federal response to unrest in Portland, Ore., and the federal agents there began to withdraw.
Here are some significant developments:
Calm returned to Portland, Ore.,Thursday night, as Black Lives Matter demonstrators staged a peaceful vigil downtown, with virtually no sign of law enforcement officers."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-live-updates/

And now back to the action

'Insane!': Police Warn 'Portland Is Lost' if 'Failing' Mayor and DA Don't Stop Riots

BY VICTORIA TAFT AUG 09, 2020 7:24 PM EST

Quote:

The Portland Police Association (PPA) has issued another dire plea to Mayor Ted Wheeler and the new district attorney to change their “insane” riot policies and enforce the rule of law or else “Portland is lost.”

A “disgusted” PPA President Daryl Turner excoriated the mayor and newly installed District Attorney Mike Schmidt, demanding rioters be prosecuted and police be allowed to protect the rest of the citizenry saying, “Portland has had enough.”

He accused the two “failing” elected leaders of backing “insane” policies of letting rioters destroy, burn, hurt, and vandalize “almost to the point of no return.”

Twice in the last two days, these rioters have accomplished their mission: chaos and destruction. That is because the Police Bureau’s operational direction from the Police Commissioner and City Council is to let the violence escalate almost to the point of no return, and only then can the Police Bureau intervene. That is insane. Police should have the latitude to prevent crime, not watch it happen and only intervene after the fact.

It does not stop there. Although the Police Bureau has made 21 arrests in those two days, I have no doubt that those arrested will get away with their crimes without any consequence or accountability from the District Attorney’s Office.

As Police Commissioner and District Attorney, your primary jobs are public safety, not politics. You are failing.

For more than 70 nights, the city has been under a siege by antifa and Black Lives Matter anarchists and communists attempting to burn buildings, vandalize private and public property, and threaten the lives of Portlanders. See video below of rioters threatening to burn down an occupied apartment building and jumping a police officer.....More

Portland cops say they were pelted with ball bearings, golf balls


By Lia EustachewichAugust 11, 2020 | 10:08am

Quote:

Portland police officers were struck with “dangerous objects” — including ball bearings, golf balls and potatoes — during another night of riots Monday, cops said.

Protesters marched from a park to the North Precinct just before 10 p.m. and squared off with cops once they arrived, KOIN reported.

Portland police officers and Oregon state troopers guarded the perimeter of the building, which has been targeted before by protesters.

Police issued warnings of arrest over a loudspeaker — with protesters shining “bright strobe lights” into officers’ eyes and lobbing items like eggs and water bottles at them, cops said in a news release.

The group chanted and drummed for an hour, holding up shields and umbrellas in front of the line of officers.

Around 11 p.m., cops declared an unlawful assembly and attempted to break up the crowd — which piped Star Wars’ “Imperial March” through a speaker, KOIN said.....More

 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
#9165
Biden's incoherent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFxxLNYK6fs
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#9166
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Biden's incoherent?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFxxLNYK6fs

Covfefe. Bigly!

Yo-semite!
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1
#9167
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Covfefe. Bigly!
Yo-semite!


Person, woman, man, camera, TV.
 
Walter
#9168
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Biden's incoherent?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFxxLNYK6fs

Yes.
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
#9169
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Yes.


Did you bother to view the video?
 
Mockingbird
Free Thinker
#9170
How desperate has Trump become? This desperate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQKCR9zJN1o