Cfl 2019

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

‘Bring Back Gainer’ petition trending online as Riders reveal mascot’s new look

New Gainer

Old Gainer

Yep, this new guy is not to my liking at all. Looks slightly psychotic.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

New Gainer

Old Gainer

Yep, this new guy is not to my liking at all. Looks slightly psychotic.

So, how does that not fit in with a stadium full of people wearing hollowed-out watermelon halves on their heads?

Go Riders!

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

So, how does that not fit in with a stadium full of people wearing hollowed-out watermelon halves on their heads?

Go Riders!

I don't think water-melon helmets - like mine or the real deal are psychotic, Tec. Silly, funny and laughable sure. This new Gainer though - he's just plain weird and those glowing green eyes are just creepy - but then that's just me. I did sign the petition today to bring back the real Gainer.

Meanwhile it looks like the Montreal Alouettes are all but set to win their first game of the season and at home to boot. William Stanback was the hero of the day rushing for 203 yards, 249 from the line of scrimmage and 3 TDs. He was something to see.

With just over a minute left in the final Q, the Al's lead by 7 points. The Cats try for the onside kick but the ball goes out of bounds and it's the Als ball with exactly 1:00 left. Al's forced to kick with :53 left. Cat's Frey is tagged with CTK and it's the Als ball till the final whistle blows. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Montreal! Well done.

petros
+2
The watermelon goes beyond being green and helmet shaped.

Taylor Field was the only dry stadium in the league.

This mean't smuggling in your own libations and a vodka infused watermelon was/is excellent as a means to do so.

Mowich
+1
RBs need to clean up their penalty act, Tec. Lewis continues to impress!

Mowich
+1
Bombers 15 - Redblacks 4 at end of first half.

Mowich
+1
RBs just fought their way back into this game late in the 3rd Q with a beauty fumble recovery that resulted in their first TD. Narrowed the Bombers lead to a 2-pt converted TD.

Mowich
+1
Should mention that Matt Nicols was taken to the dressing room earlier in the Q after he was hit hard rushing for a successful 1rst D. Steveler has taken over the controls.

Mowich
+1
Holly's havin' a real bad day - he dropped a costly one earlier. He just followed that up with a fumble that the Bombers recovered. Bombers look to be back in the drivers seat............baring any TOs of their own.

29 - 14 Bombers with just over 8 minutes left in the game.

Mowich
+1
Make the final 29 - 14 Bombers. It was not a good night all round for the RBs.

Mowich
Double-header in the CFL this afternoon. First up the Lions are in TO to take on the Argos followed by the really important game wherein the Stumps - minus Boo who is still on the injured list - will be playing the Riders in Mosaic stadium. Hopefully that weird creature that has replaced our beloved Gainer will not be in attendance.

Game time on TSN 2 and 4 is 4 PM PST

Mowich
Very much a lame game so far with the score 3 - 3 and neither team able to find the end zone for a major. Hopefully things will pick up in the second half.

Mowich
With :51 left on the clock in the final Q, the Argos pulled off a great comeback scoring a TD and 2-point convert to tie the game 17 -17.
Unfortunately, they left just enough time on the clock to allow the Lions to move the ball downfield into FG territory. Castillo was good on his first attempt but the Lions were called for procedure and though he missed on his second the ball was caught by an Argo defender giving a 1 point victory to BC.
Final: BC 18 - TO 17

Mowich
+2

Kreskin
+2
In the final two minutes some teams implement the prevent defense. The Lions forego the prevent defense to instead run the no defense scheme.

Kreskin
Elimimian looks awful.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Elimimian looks awful.

He isn't the only one, Kreskin. What a pathetic effort by my Riders.

Mowich
Good grief this Bomber vs Argo game is looking to be even more boring than last night's fiasco. With 4 minutes left in the 1rst Q, Winnipeg has 21 points on the board - the Argos 0.

The Argos have 0 energy on the field - 0. I have a feeling that if things don't improve pretty darn soon, Corey will be looking for another job.

Mowich
After sitting through the most part of two really bad games, I am overjoyed to be watching the Stumps play the Cats. At half time, the score is tied 16 apiece and its been a well-played at times really exciting game so far. The Cats two TDs came via a missed FG return over 100 yards and a punt return from the end zone of 115 yards. The Cats have also managed to sack Fatty twice so far. The Stumps aren't giving up but the Cats are giving them everything they've got so far.

Tecumsehsbones
The RBs must wear the Paper Bag of Shame!

Mowich
:52 to go and the Cats lead by 7 points .........Cats forced to kick on 2 and 9 and Lirim nails one into the far corner by the goal post where the Stumps will start with :27 on the clock..........Fatty's pass is overthrown plus the receiver has Cats all over him........:21 fatty connects for the down........:14 ......and its another incomp.....:09.........2 and 10.........pass complete for the down.........:02.....Fatty goes for the long bomb and its intercepted!!!!!!!!!!

CATS WIN...............CATS WIN................!!!! YIPEE YAHOOSIE.

Well done Hamilton.

Mowich

The RBs must wear the Paper Bag of Shame!

Why, Tec?

Mowich

Why, Tec?

Edit: I don't know how but I missed that game, Tec. Sorry for you loss but am happy to see the Als finally get a win.

Tecumsehsbones

Why, Tec?

Because they got their butts kicked.

By the Als.

Tecumsehsbones

Amazingly awesome women love roughriders?

I'll keep that in mind.

Mowich
+1

Amazingly awesome women love roughriders?

I'll keep that in mind.

True that. All my Aunties were amazing women and every single one was a Rider fan till the day she died.

Mind you, these RB fans are pretty darn gnarly.

petros
+1

He isn't the only one, Kreskin. What a pathetic effort by my Riders.

I'm glad I never watched.