Quebec Sovereignty is not dead say new Bloc leader

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2

https://youtu.be/-W6cbHbz1yQ

petros
+6
They way that guy smokes western canada will be funding his chemo within 5 years.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+7
#3  Top Rated Post
He is right Canada does not send Quebec a cheque. The west does.
When Quebec leaves we can dispense with two wastes of money. Equalization payments and french on everything.
It would be a nice xmas present to taxpayers.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+4
It kinda makes you wonder if Canada will exsist in 20 years..

Quebec leaving

Alberta leaving

... anyone else?

Durry
+4
Canada and specifically Alberta would be better off if Quebec left Canada.

So my take is,,,, Quebec, fk off eh

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Nobody is leaving. You snowflakes can calm down

Curious Cdn
Conservative

What the feck do you expect?

Geniuses.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

What that Trigger?

Famous last words, before we Albertans send you back to Onterrible

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
I’d have to be from “Onterrible” in order to go “back”. Not that it matters. There aren’t enough whiny snowflakes in Alberta to separate. You triggered Trumpites will fade away soon enough

Girth

I’d have to be from “Onterrible” in order to go “back”. Not that it matters. There aren’t enough whiny snowflakes in Alberta to separate. You triggered Trumpites will fade away soon enough

You are from Winnipeg?

Having said that, the BQ leader is antagonizing Alberta, and it is a strategy that appears to be working. If Quebec and Western Canada start being outright hostile to each other, it can only benefit the separatists. There was an article in the Calgary Herald, calling out Kenney for not taking the high road, and ignoring the Quebecois pest. His goal is to inflame and divide Canadians, as it will work in his favor, and increase support for his party. It. seems to ahve worked.

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

It kinda makes you wonder if Canada will exsist in 20 years..
Quebec leaving
Alberta leaving
... anyone else?

All thanks to the Trudeaus. People who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it. Under the elder Trudeau, we saw a once united nation nearly fall apart between 1968-83. The PQ took power in Quebec in the 70s, introduced Bill 101, and held a referendum on seperating from Canada in 1980. Meanwhile in Western Canada, the NEP created Western Alienation, and killed off the Liberals chances of ever gaining the most seats in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Just over 30 years later, the country is move divided than it has been at any point in history. All thanks to Trudeau,

Serryah
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

All thanks to the Trudeaus. People who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it. Under the elder Trudeau, we saw a once united nation nearly fall apart between 1968-83. The PQ took power in Quebec in the 70s, introduced Bill 101, and held a referendum on seperating from Canada in 1980. Meanwhile in Western Canada, the NEP created Western Alienation, and killed off the Liberals chances of ever gaining the most seats in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Just over 30 years later, the country is move divided than it has been at any point in history. All thanks to Trudeau,

Actually, thanks to the Conservatives, who could not put forward an electable Party Leader.

And thanks to the people who voted for Green and Bloc.

Trudeau had nothing to do with any of it.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+4
Right sock:

Left sock:

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

What the feck do you expect?
Geniuses.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Actually, thanks to the Conservatives, who could not put forward an electable Party Leader.

I'm sure that most Conservatives are quite happy with their choice of party leader. They are so out of touch with the rest of the country that they firmly believe what is good for them is good for the rest of us. They are living in a bubble.

Girth
+2

Bullshit.

For better or for worse, Canada was far more united from 2006-15, during the Harper Administration, then it has been in the past 50 years. Trudeau managed to divide the country in three years. Daddy would have been proud.

harrylee
Free Thinker
+3

I think you are right.....For what Trudeau has pulled the last couple of years, he should have been kicked to the curb big time....but, once again, the Conservatives shot themselves in the foot.
Oh well.I will be dead in a few years, I won't be paying for this mess....lol

Girth
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I'm sure that most Conservatives are quite happy with their choice of party leader. They are so out of touch with the rest of the country that they firmly believe what is good for them is good for the rest of us. They are living in a bubble.

Typical ignorance from the GTA.

70% of the Parliamentary seats did not go to the Conservatives, due to Western Canadians liking their social policies or Andrew Scheer. I personally cannot stand the guy, and I amfar more socially liberal than most Conservative members. The reason the West (in particular Alberta and Saskatchewan), elected so many Conservatives, is than they actually listened to the wants and needs of Western Canadians, instead of vilifying them, and the energy sector like the Liberals, NDP, and Green Party have done.

It's fairly predictable what happens when three parties refuse to address the concerns of any region of Canada, and ignore them. They do not get elected. Imagine if the Liberals announced Ontario's official language would be Chinese, and they would impose massive tax increases on all large industrial and manufacturing plants in Southern Ontario? It would kill the Liberal Party in Ontario.

Yet Trudeau and company will not lift a finger when large Energy Companies relocate to the US, and impose a punishing carbon tax on the Energy sector. This has nothing to do with "living in a bubble" and everything to do with favoring certain regions of the country over others.

Girth
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Canada and specifically Alberta would be better off if Quebec left Canada.
So my take is,,,, Quebec, fk off eh

Amen. Quebec is not pulling it's weight. One would think the Quebecois would learn from history what happens when the powers that be force the population to speak and display one language, while virtually banning the most popular language in the country, then turn up the heat on all wealthy Anglophones, Jews, Italians, etc.

Montreal was one the largest city in Canada, and the financial capital of the nation up until the 70s. Then feeling intimidated by the unfriendly language laws, antisemitism, and anti-English sentiment, packed their shit, and moved to the largest English speaking country. Now the Toronto area is the undisputed king of finance in Canada, and has left Montreal in the dust with over 2,000,000 more residents.

It will only get worse of the Quebecois are dumb enough to listen to that troll leader of the BQ. Once Alberta stops Ottawa from collecting transfer payments, more people will leave that ungrateful province, for greener pastures.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
They don't need all those people, they get transfer payments...

Quebec gives the impression they would rather stay all quebecish no matter the cost to anyone, even themselves.

Serryah
Free Thinker

Bullshit.

For better or for worse, Canada was far more united from 2006-15, during the Harper Administration, then it has been in the past 50 years. Trudeau managed to divide the country in three years. Daddy would have been proud.

Oh come ON, are you really that blind?

Canada was LESS united under Harper, not more.

If you want to look at the last fifty years as some sort of equalizer for unity, honestly, Harper would not be top of the list. Justin wouldn't be top either. To be honest I don't think any PM in the last fifty would top a list for 'unity'.

But Harper? LOL; that's rich.

pgs
Free Thinker
+4

If you want to look at the last fifty years as some sort of equalizer for unity, honestly, Harper would not be top of the list. Justin wouldn't be top either. To be honest I don't think any PM in the last fifty would top a list for 'unity'.

Stop Harper . Look what we stopped . Balanced budgets , economic stability, respect on the world stage . For a nice hair doo .

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+4

Harper treated every region and persons equally with a little + for Quebec, his downfall was treating the rest of the country and persons as equals to Ont. and Que. He never lost support in the West he lost it in the East.

Just sayin

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+3

You are from Winnipeg?

Having said that, the BQ leader is antagonizing Alberta, and it is a strategy that appears to be working. If Quebec and Western Canada start being outright hostile to each other, it can only benefit the separatists. There was an article in the Calgary Herald, calling out Kenney for not taking the high road, and ignoring the Quebecois pest. His goal is to inflame and divide Canadians, as it will work in his favor, and increase support for his party. It. seems to ahve worked.

This is a blessing in disguise.

Having Que fan the flames of separation will only have a positive impact for the opportunity for the West to leave or big leverage in redesigning the existing relationship

Que resurrected the separation party whilst tater tot was in power .

Tell me how Harper created that angst again?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Nice to see Albertans saying "Damn it, Quebec is right!"

That's gotta be a first.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

That's gotta be a first.

You spent a lot of time up here gauging the situation, huh?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

That's gotta be a first.

Five years ago, Kweebeck separatists were traitors. Now they're patriots. Somebody should event a computer program that can keep up with Trumpites political views. The complaint about the Liberal party for years is that they didn't actually stand for anything and just shifted with the wind to whatever benefitted the party. Sounds an awful lot like Trumpites today.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

You spent a lot of time up here gauging the situation, huh?

Not really.

There are other sources of information and opinion on and from Canada.

Hope that don't shock you too bad.

Tecumsehsbones

Five years ago, Kweebeck separatists were traitors. Now they're patriots. Somebody should event a computer program that can keep up with Trumpites political views. The complaint about the Liberal party for years is that they didn't actually stand for anything and just shifted with the wind to whatever benefitted the party. Sounds an awful lot like Trumpites today.

I don't see that as possible. Computers are rigidly logical.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

Not really.

There are other sources of information and opinion on and from Canada.

Hope that don't shock you too bad.

I've read some of that opinion... Funny stuff

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I've read some of that opinion... Funny stuff

Not as funny as yours.