Grand Solar Minimum

petros
+3
How are you enjoying the record low smashing "Climate Change" so far?

Walter
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
2019 had the fewest number of sunspots since the Maunder minimum. We'll be glad we put all that CO2 in the atmosphere in the last 100 years.

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

2019 had the fewest number of sunspots since the Maunder minimum. We'll be glad we put all that CO2 in the atmosphere in the last 100 years.

Yup. No regretas.

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Yup. No regretas.

I prefer regattas, or even better, ragazze.

Danbones
+1
I wonder...has anyone calculated all the CO2 people don't produce because they are texting or typing and NOT talking?

petros
+1

I prefer regattas, or even better, ragazze.

I haven't been to once since the regatta riot in Kelowna.

petros
+4
If I Google record cold 2019 I can find nearly 7000 cold records broken on all continents in all seasons?

Why? Why is it plummeting?

In 1961 Canada had its 32nd hottest day.

Here we are 58 years later and the 32nd hottest day record stands.
Last edited by petros; 3 weeks ago at 01:30 PM..

DaSleeper
Maybe nature works like a propane fridge like I had in my trailer,
Using heat from propane flame to make cold....
We had a propane fridge on the farm over 60 years ago....It ain't a new concept!

MHz

Fewest numbers of troll posts and new psychopaths joining. Maybe next year will beat that score.

DaSleeper
+1
And you're still the forum #1 FOOL!

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

We had a propane fridge on the farm over 60 years ago....It ain't a new concept!

Every good bartender knows you make ice on the stove.

It's why they get paid the BIG whammies.

petros
+2

Those work on decompression of the gas. Burning it is just to dispose of it.

Danbones
+1
You would think all those cow farts would be cooling the joint down as they release and decompress.

Boy, wouldn't a bit of science upset some commies like AOC on that score.

How To Prevent Freezing In Gas Pressure Reducing Systems:

How can I anticipate the temperature loss?
Due to the Joule-Thomson effect, whenever gas pressure is reduced across a control valve or regulator, its temperature is also reduced. This temperature drop is about 1F (0,56C) for every 15 psi (1,03 bar) of pressure drop. The potential for freezing can be identified by calculating the temperature drop and subtracting from the initial temperature.

For example, if a pressure reducing regulator dropped the pressure of a gas line from 500 psi to 350 psi (34 to 24 bar) and the initial temperature is 50F (10C), the final temperature would be 40F (4,56C).
https://www.lowflowvalve.com/prevent...tems-part-one/

Talk about freezing your A$$ off!

I bet just getting rid of the problem at the source ought to work fine.

I'm thinkin' eating steak would be a good start.

Of course offing all the medievil peasants might also help.

Maybe we need some religious wars to take out all the non believers.
Last edited by Danbones; 3 weeks ago at 10:00 AM..

Danbones
+1
Democrat HUMILIATED After Ripping MASSIVE Fart On Live TV, He Denies It But We Have PROOF
Nov 19, 2019

Timcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoW9BQ0aUBw

I know the PG and E are BBQing these clowns out in CaCalifornia lately, but still, I don't recommend eating them.

MHz

And you're still the forum #1 FOOL!

Most people avoid people they classify as fools, you couldn't be any closer to me in this forum. Guess what that makes you?

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Democrat HUMILIATED After Ripping MASSIVE Fart On Live TV, He Denies It But We Have PROOF
Nov 19, 2019

Timcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoW9BQ0aUBw

I know the PG and E are BBQing these clowns out in CaCalifornia lately, but still, I don't recommend eating them.

The whole are will be glad the doesn't have crones as those farts are the very worst. Only smelled one once, more than enough to make this call about how bad they are.

petros
+1

petros
+2

Western Hudson Bay freeze-up earlier than average for 1980s for the third year in a row

1 week ago
This is the third year in a row that freeze-up of Western Hudson Bay (WH) ice has come earlier than the average of 16 November documented in the 1980s. Reports by folks on the ground near Churchill confirm polar bears are starting to move onto the sea ice that’s developing along the shore after almost 5 months on land. After five good sea ice seasons in a row for WH polar bears, this repeat of an early freeze-up means a sixth good ice season is now possible for 2019-2020.

Sadly for the tourists, however, it means the polar bear viewing season in Churchill will be ending early this year, just like it did last year and the year before.

Twin_Moose
+2
How are they going to film the starving Bears now?

petros
+2

172 years...clockwork Earth.

DaSleeper
+3
At my latitude the beginning of winter sees 9 hour of sunlight and the beginning of spring, it's 15.5 hrs of sunlighr
and stupid people don't believe sunlight unfiltered by cloud cover has more to do with has more to do with any warming trend than anything else, and any unusual activity in the sun is bound to affect weather on earth!

petros
+2
How dare you?

MHz

. . . and any unusual activity in the sun is bound to affect weather on earth!

Do you put on a sweater every time Mercury or Venus cast's it's shadow on the earth?

petros
+2
UK snow forecast: Coldest winter in 100 YEARS as 3-month sub-zero freeze hits Britain

UK snow forecast: Charts show Britain being smashed by the polar freeze

UK snow forecast: Charts show Britain being smashed by the polar freeze

BRITAIN is facing a possible three-month big-freeze amid warnings extreme Arctic conditions could see this winter leagued among the harshest of the past century.
By NATHAN RAO

PUBLISHED: 00:01, Fri, Nov 22, 2019
UPDATED: 00:18, Fri, Nov 22, 2019

petros
+3

MHz
+1
I'm 70, what does the rest of my life look like?

MHz
+1

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

I'm 70, what does the rest of my life look like?

From your eyes or mine?

petros
The U.S. National Oceanic And Atmospheric Administration’s Space Weather Prediction Center uses NASA’s Thermosphere Ionosphere Mesosphere Energetics and Dynamics satellite conducts Sunspot Number Progression counts, measures F10.7cm Radio Flux and the Ap Index geomagnetic activity, and its SABER carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO) instruments gage infrared solar output in Earth’s top atmospheric level.

As the Earth was completing Solar Cycle 24, sunspot counts and magnetic activity were expected cyclically fall from its high of over 100 in 2014 to a low of zero in 2022. But the sunspot count plunged to zero in mid-2018 and has remained substantially lower than forecast for Solar Cycle 25.

The data could indicate the onset of a super cycle ‘Maunder Minimum.’ The last Maunder Minimum period from 1645 to 1715 was a period with 7 percent fewer sunspots and global cooling, referred to as the ‘Little Ice Age.’

The Little Ice Age altered atmospheric circulation patterns across northern Europe, resulting in widespread crop failures, famine, disease, and increased child mortality. London’s Thames River froze over most years during the period.

Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center reported in September: “High above Earth’s surface, near the edge of space, our atmosphere is losing heat energy. If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold.”

The Swiss National Science Foundation also published in early 2017 a research paper by the Physical Meteorological Observatory Davos, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, ETH Zurich, and the University of Bern that warned that particle and electromagnetic “radiative forcing” could cause Maunder Minimum low temperatures in “in 50 to 100 years’ time.”

The United Nation’s International Panel on Climate Change has been the major “denier” of cyclical solar activity “forcing” climate change because it directly challenges the supposedly settled science that “anthropogenic” releases of fossil fuel CO2 are the exclusive cause of global warming that threatens the destruction of all living creatures.

As the evidence of solar forcing has mounted, the UN’s International Panel on Climate Change argues that climate model simulations of the period suggest that multiple factors, “particularly volcanic activity in the northern hemisphere” caused the Little Ice Age.

But the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction issued an October warning that the Ring of Fire’s 452 volcanos along the edge the Pacific Ocean edge that causes 90 percent of earthquakes and tsunamis had entered its 100-year active phase.

Cannuck
+1
More bad news for Trumpites

https://www.wasbst.com/2019/11/25/ke...Ign6udKOuiRTyg