What Hillary Clinton doesn’t understand about Brexit

Blackleaf
+2
Is anyone else watching Hillary Clinton’s whirlwind trip to the UK and thinking to themselves: ‘Thank God she didn’t become president?’

All her worst traits have been on display. Her arrogance. Her penchant for lecturing foreign countries (in this case ours). Her harebrained conspiracy theories. Her belief that loads of people are racists — or ‘deplorables’, as she once put it...

Coffee House

What Hillary Clinton doesn’t understand about Brexit

Brendan O'Neill

Brendan O'Neill
12 November 2019
The Spectator

Is anyone else watching Hillary Clinton’s whirlwind trip to the UK and thinking to themselves: ‘Thank God she didn’t become president?’

All her worst traits have been on display. Her arrogance. Her penchant for lecturing foreign countries (in this case ours). Her harebrained conspiracy theories. Her belief that loads of people are racists — or ‘deplorables’, as she once put it. Can’t we organise a protest or something? I’ll make the placards. ‘GO HOME, HILLARY.’

She’s here with her daughter Chelsea — the dictionary should replace its definition of the word nepotism with just a photograph of Chelsea Clinton — to promote their book, The Book of Gutsy Women.

That’s clearly how Hillary and Chelsea see themselves. As gutsy women. I guess it does take a great deal of courage to live in vast mansions and earn Ł190k ($250k) for a speech to filthy-rich bankers about diversity or whatever. I wonder if the numerous women adversely affected (to put it politely) by the various Hillary-cheered wars in the Middle East think the Clintons are gutsy? Someone should ask them.

From the moment she arrived, Hillary has been insulting Britain and its people. She’s called into question the wisdom of our democratic vote to leave the EU. She is ‘concerned’ about where the the UK is heading. You shouldn’t ‘separate yourself from Europe’, she said. ‘Democracies need to stick together.’

We’re not separating ourselves from Europe, Hillary. We’re separating ourselves from the EU. Europe is a vast continent that has existed for aeons; the EU is a bloated, bureaucratic nightmare that has only existed, in its current form, since 1993. We’ll be fine.

Also, speaking of ‘democracies’ — we voted to leave, and that’s why we’re leaving. That’s how democracy works: you lost the 2016 presidential election and your Euro-chums lost the 2016 EU referendum.

Warming to her theme that Britain is in a dark place right now, Hillary called on the government to release the report about alleged Russian interference in UK politics.

This is the unpublished intelligence analysis that has caused a frenzy of whispers and rumours among Remainers and leftists who are increasingly convinced, a la Joseph McCarthy, that Russians are hiding in plain sight in the UK and are puppeteering our politicians. We’re ruled by the Kremlin Konservative Party, these mad chattering-class conspiracy theorists claim.

Hillary has never seen an anti-Russian conspiracy theory she didn’t love, so it’s no surprise that she has leapt upon this story. It is ‘inexplicable and shameful’ that the government hasn’t released the report, she says. Apparently ‘there is a lot of evidence’ that Russia played a role in the vote for Brexit.

Oh, really? Where? Of course she is saying the same — still — about Donald Trump’s victory. She’s still banging that tattered drum. She told the Today programme that she ‘has no doubt of the role that Russia played’ in the US elections.

Even though the Mueller report found little evidence for that. Even though many of the Russian bots stories have been exaggerated. For Hillary and other members and supporters of the old, exhausted liberal elite, Russia has become the explanation for everything that doesn’t go their way.

Hillary can’t accept that many people just didn’t want to vote for her, just as some hardcore Remainers can’t accept they lost the referendum fair and square. And so like modern-day McCarthyites they weave increasingly mad tales about the Kremlin polluting American and British people’s minds and reducing us to the unwitting playthings of the Putin regime.

It’s insane. It brings to mind a line from a very good Matt Taibbi piece in Rolling Stone on Hillary’s never ending Russia obsession: ‘Hillary Clinton is nuts.’

Anti-Russian hysteria is the comfort blanket liberal-elite losers on both sides of the Atlantic wrap around themselves to avoid having to confront the question of why they are so unpopular with vast swathes of the public.

And Hillary still wasn’t done. She then had a pop at our press and at social-media users for their supposedly racist and sexist treatment of Meghan Markle.

She says there is ‘absolutely’ a racist element to the criticisms of the duchess. It is ‘heartbreaking and wrong’, she says. All Meghan did was fall in love with Harry, and him with her and you dim Brits ‘should be celebrating that’.

Erm, we did. There were big celebrations when they got married. Everyone liked her. Until she started spouting woke nonsense and banging on about climate change in between taking private-jet trips to the South of France. I hate to break it to you, Hillary, but Brits don’t take kindly to being lectured by PC Americans.

So we aren’t racist. We aren’t deplorable. We aren’t the mental slaves of the new Russian Empire. We’ve just had enough of out-of-touch elites looking down on us. And in that spirit: please go home, Hillary.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/1...-about-brexit/
Last edited by Blackleaf; 3 weeks ago at 07:12 AM..

Tecumsehsbones
+1
What a waste of bandwidth.

Blackleaf
Hillary Clinton: banging on about Russian interference in other countries' politics.

Hillary Clinton: interfering in UK politics.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

What a waste of bandwidth.

It takes a Brit to just say it as it is.
Last edited by Blackleaf; 3 weeks ago at 07:06 AM..

Tecumsehsbones
+4
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Hillary Clinton: banging on about Russian interference in other countries' politics.
Hillary Clinton: interfering in UK politics.
It takes a Brit to just say it as it is.

It takes a Brit to bang on endlessly about the patently obvious: nobody cares what Hillary Clinton thinks.

Blackleaf

It takes a Brit to bang on endlessly about the patently obvious: nobody cares what Hillary Clinton thinks.

Who's banging on endlessly?

Tecumsehsbones

Who's banging on endlessly?

O'Neill gave it about 300 words more than necessary.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
Yeah, she's a waste alright. Why anyone would give her the time of day is beyond me. She just needs to go away.

Tecumsehsbones
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Yeah, she's a waste alright. Why anyone would give her the time of day is beyond me. She just needs to go away.

I suppose she's a fairly interesting Women's Studies subject. . . First Lady of Arkansas and the U.S. parlays her high profile into a Senate seat, Secretary of State, and Presidential candidate.

But that's history. In terms of political relevance, she's as dead as Warren Harding (unsuccessful president, 1921-1925, and currently dead).

Blackleaf

O'Neill gave it about 300 words more than necessary.

There are 811 words in that article (from "Is" down to "Hillary"). I'll contact him to let him know to restrict his articles to 500 words in future.

Tecumsehsbones
+2

There are 811 words in that article (from "Is" down to "Hillary"). I'll contact him to let him know to restrict his articles to 500 words in future.

Make it 20, if he's gonna write another article on Hillary.

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1
Don't get why this is important. Hillary is a private citizen, can comment as she likes.

But really, people give her too much thought/air time. Get over yourselves already.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Don't get why this is important. Hillary is a private citizen, can comment as she likes.
But really, people give her too much thought/air time. Get over yourselves already.

She's interfering in British politics, telling us she doesn't like the way we voted in 2016 and that we voted Leave because the Russians told us to.

I don't know about you, but I don't like foreigners telling us how to vote in our democratic polls.

She might be a "private citizen", but she's not a private citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Serryah
Free Thinker

She's interfering in British politics, telling us she doesn't like the way we voted in 2016 and that we voted Leave because the Russians told us to.

I don't know about you, but I don't like foreigners telling us how to vote in our democratic polls.

She might be a "private citizen", but she's not a private citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

But you're okay with Russians doing so?

Gotcha.

Again, she's got an opinion and as a private citizen, she's allowed to voice it, whether she's part of the UK or not. Clinton has NO influence on your voting what so ever and if she does, then your people are idiots.

And your fear mongering about her at least shows you're also an idiot thinking she has influence on your voting.

Tecumsehsbones

Unless they favor Brexit.

Blackleaf
+1

But you're okay with Russians doing so?

Nope.

Why's it okay for an American to try and influence the way the British vote but not for the Russians to do so (not that Russians have ever influenced the way British people vote, of course)?

Quote:

Again, she's got an opinion and as a private citizen, she's allowed to voice it, whether she's part of the UK or not.

She's interfering in our democracy and telling us we were wrong to vote Brexit. She's an anti-democratic fascist.

Quote:

Clinton has NO influence on your voting what so ever

I beg to differ. Only, she'll influence it the opposite way to the way she wants to influence it.

After all, Obama influenced many voters to vote Leave after he came over here and told us to vote Remain.

Serryah
Free Thinker

Nope.

Why's it okay for an American to try and influence the way the British vote but not for the Russians to do so (not that Russians have ever influenced the way British people vote, of course)?

She's interfering in our democracy and telling us we were wrong to vote Brexit. She's an anti-democratic fascist.

I beg to differ. Only, she'll influence it the opposite way to the way she wants to influence it.

After all, Obama influenced many voters to vote Leave after he came over here and told us to vote Remain.

If you believe the Russians didn't interfere, I've got land on the moon to sell you.

As for Clinton, if SHE is interfering, then I've more land to sell you.

Obama was different but not that I expect you to recognize or realize that.

pgs
Free Thinker

If you believe the Russians didn't interfere, I've got land on the moon to sell you.

Can you tell us who interfered in our Canadian election ? If you can’t I might look at the land you are selling .

Blackleaf

If you believe the Russians didn't interfere

I DO believe that. I doubt there's a single one out of the 33,577,342 people who voted the way they did because the Russsians told them to.

Quote:

She's clearly interfering.

Quote:

He interfered, too - and the British people duly did the opposite of what he told them to do.

Serryah
Free Thinker

I DO believe that. I doubt there's a single one out of the 33,577,342 people who voted the way they did because the Russsians told them to.

She's clearly interfering.

He interfered, too - and the British people duly did the opposite of what he told them to do.

So the possibility of Russians interfering in your elections is there, but your own Government won't allow the report on it to be made public.

Obama and Clinton are giving their opinion and yet somehow that's seen as forcing people to vote in some way.

None of that makes sense.

If you think Obama and Clinton were forcing people to vote a certain way, then you by all logic also agree that Russia has been doing the same.

If, as you claim, Russia has NOT, then neither has Clinton or Obama.

Blackleaf

So the possibility of Russians interfering in your elections is there

Quote:

Obama and Clinton are giving their opinion

I don't want them to. They should not be interfering in British democracy and politics.

How would they like it if Mr Farage went over to America and told Yanks that they must vote for Trump?

They'd be the first to complain.

Quote:

If you think Obama and Clinton were forcing people to vote a certain way,

I think we all know what their agendas were. Let's not insult anyone's intelligence here.

Serryah
Free Thinker

I don't want them to. They should not be interfering in British democracy and politics.

How would they like it if Mr Farage went over to America and told Yanks that they must vote for Trump?

They'd be the first to complain.

I think we all know what their agendas were. Let's not insult anyone's intelligence here.

Well can't insult your intelligence, certainly, as you have very little to worry about.

I'm pretty sure they'd be confused, and laugh at him; some might get pissed but I think a bigger portion would wonder who the fuk this weird speaking asshole is and why he's in the US.

Russia's agenda is to fuk with UK politics, and the politics of other countries. Your Government is hiding said report until after the election. I'd question that but, well... BoJo doesn't want to know he's getting 'help' from Russians.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
YOU keep screaming that you don't have a clue...again and again...why is that?

Ukraine 'Anti-Corruption' Director Bragged
About Helping Hillary Clinton In 2016:
Leaked Audio

In short, a DNC operative coordinated Ukrainian election meddling in the 2016 US election - and worked with a US journalist to ensure it would inflict maximum damage to the Trump campaign.

While the ruling against Sytnyk and Leshchenko was later overturned on a technicality, The Blaze obtained and translated recording of Sytnyk bragging about helping Clinton in the 2016 US election.
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...on-2016-leaked

Oh well...just like the Biden recording...and then there are all the ones that DON'T include trump

Nasty criminal b*tches...go figure....

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire
Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton.

President Petro Poroshenko’s administration, along with the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington, insists that Ukraine stayed neutral in the American presidential race. | Getty

Donald Trump wasn’t the only presidential candidate whose campaign was boosted by officials of a former Soviet bloc country.

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office.

They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ackfire-233446
Last edited by Danbones; 3 weeks ago at 03:43 PM..

Mowich
Conservative
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Can you tell us who interfered in our Canadian election ? If you can’t I might look at the land you are selling .

I'll give you a clue, pgs..........he's an ex-US president.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
I tried to interfere in the Canadian election by voting...once...Lotta good that did me...

I can see why some people are tempted to cheat.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I'll give you a clue, pgs..........he's an ex-US president.

That guy , I thought he retired .

Tecumsehsbones
+1
The Brexiteers and their alt-right buddies are butthurt.

Again.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2

So the possibility of Russians interfering in your elections is there, but your own Government won't allow the report on it to be made public.
Obama and Clinton are giving their opinion and yet somehow that's seen as forcing people to vote in some way.
None of that makes sense.
If you think Obama and Clinton were forcing people to vote a certain way, then you by all logic also agree that Russia has been doing the same.
If, as you claim, Russia has NOT, then neither has Clinton or Obama.

Aside from sheer boredom I can't think of a single reason for anyone to interfere in Briddish elections.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Aside from sheer boredom I can't think of a single reason for anyone to interfere in Briddish elections.

Well that's what's happening.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+3
Backlash after Barack Obama EU referendum intervention
23 April 2016

US President Barack Obama has been accused of doing Downing Street's bidding - after he said the UK would be at "the back of the queue" for American trade deals if it left the EU.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...election-night

Oh yes, just like the faknenews trumphate Steel dossier...

Then of course there is Libya, Hitlary sure interfered there...look slave markets...FOR CHILDREN!

petros
+2

There was no interference. Hillary lost because of complacency and media saying it was a slam dunk.