Quebec government defends support for huge carbon-emitting factory

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+4
#1  Top Rated Post

Those Quebec bastards are worried about Alberta Oil pollution ..

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...itting-factory

A slap in the face to Alberta..

Repeat after me folks.. FUKK YOU!! ONTARIO & QUEBEC

Alberta the 51st State

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+4
“The Liberal government pursued the project and has defended the loan, denying that it was a subsidy while noting that it would create 400 jobs.”

That is Freaking hilarious !!! Absolutely hilarious !!

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Alberta should be slapped in the face for being such a bunch of whiny little snow flakes.

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Alberta the 51st State

This has been a 'thing' for at least 3 years.

The article is from 17 alone.

That said, from what I've read, producing cement is ALWAYS a huge carbon dump and environmentally costly. Until we start being willing to pay three times the price for more eco friendly stuff, or find other things to replace it, this is what we have.

Personally I think we SHOULD be looking for replacements for cement that are more eco-friendly, or that the costs of the newer, better stuff need to be reduced, a lot, just to get it into use (I know, it'd be a disaster for business).

All that said...

What's the issue? How is it a slap in the face to Alberta?

Mowich
Conservative
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Personally I think we SHOULD be looking for replacements for cement that are more eco-friendly, or that the costs of the newer, better stuff need to be reduced, a lot, just to get it into use (I know, it'd be a disaster for business).

Well at least you acknowledged that it would be 'bad for business.' Reducing prices does not guarantee that products will sell just because they are cheaper. Reducing prices 'a lot' is a recipe for disaster and not only to businesses.

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Well at least you acknowledged that it would be 'bad for business.' Reducing prices does not guarantee that products will sell just because they are cheaper. Reducing prices 'a lot' is a recipe for disaster and not only to businesses.

Course I acknowledge it'd be bad for business.

Much as I would love for people to focus and work more towards more eco-friendly products all over, I am also realist enough to know that doing that is not gonna happen, especially anytime soon.

There's too much money still to be made in the 'old way' of making things which doesn't give two shits about the state of the planet for many businesses. And humans are very 'in the now' focused; we suck thinking about the future or giving a shit about it overmuch.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
Mobtreal didn't move Halloween because climate change made it warmer.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Only for those in the concrete business. Any replacement product would require a significant labour force.
Concrete is highly overpriced because there are so few manufacturers in the market. Leihigh and Heidelberg control most of the market under a variety of names.

pgs
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Course I acknowledge it'd be bad for business.

Much as I would love for people to focus and work more towards more eco-friendly products all over, I am also realist enough to know that doing that is not gonna happen, especially anytime soon.

There's too much money still to be made in the 'old way' of making things which doesn't give two shits about the state of the planet for many businesses. And humans are very 'in the now' focused; we suck thinking about the future or giving a shit about it overmuch.

Do you have any idea how much we as a society have changed how things are done over the last fifty years . Last night was Halloween, a clear chilly beautiful evening , all the kids were running around the neighborhood having a ball . Fifty years ago this same evening would have had a fog due to all the particulate in the air . We changed that by switching our heating to natural gas . The air quality has improved substantially.
In the same time frame we stopped adding sulphur and lead to gasoline , which also improved air quality.
When I started in the workforce it was common practice to throw and dump used fluids such as oil and lubricants directly into water courses , destroying or harming many aquatic species . We no longer do those things .
Reclamation is now part of every major project , mining and forestry . Things that were not even considered in the past .
The western world and the business that operate in it are operating , in a cleaner sustainable manner then at any time in the past .

spilledthebeer

Alberta the 51st State

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont slag all of Ontari-owe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live there and God knows I say a lot of stuff that is HOSTILE TO LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then I am NOT "one of those people" as Don Cherry would say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Alberta should be slapped in the face for being such a bunch of whiny little snow flakes.

So should half-wits like you. Funny how Quebec is soooo concerned about keeping oil in the ground and yet their refineries are still up and running. But then Blanchet looks and sounds like the rest of the phony enviro-tards. More than willing to cut off his nose to spite his face. Quebec sure can't count on Ontario being a net contributor towards equalization payments anymore and yet they're willing to bite the hand of Alberta that feeds them.

If Blanchet has a such a f*kcing problem with Alberta oil then he should call an immediate halt to the trains bringing Alberta crude to Quebec refineries and shutting off the tap at the Quebec end of line 9.

Mowich
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

If Blanchet has a such a f*kcing problem with Alberta oil then he should call an immediate halt to the trains bringing Alberta crude to Quebec refineries and shutting off the tap at the Quebec end of line 9.

Could not agree more, Jin.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

So should half-wits like you. Funny how Quebec is soooo concerned about keeping oil in the ground and yet their refineries are still up and running. But then Blanchet looks and sounds like the rest of the phony enviro-tards. More than willing to cut off his nose to spite his face. Quebec sure can't count on Ontario being a net contributor towards equalization payments anymore and yet they're willing to bite the hand of Alberta that feeds them.

Good points there about Quebec environmental hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would pay money next spring to watch the political comedy team made up............................

of a CABAL OF lie-berals and their idiot NDPee and GREENIE COUSINS...............................

along with some BLOC HEAD observers...............................

sitting down to try to settle who gets equalization payments................................

and who gets to PAY FOR EQUALIZATION PAYMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

With the future of the LIE-beral minority govt hanging in the balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And its not just the minority govt itself at risk...............................

the political careers of both Our idiot Boy Justin .............................

AND Jagmeet (deadmeat) Singh are also hanging in the balance as both men have led their parties...................................

into substantial loss of seats and voter support in the recent election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Losers are not long tolerated in politics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz

Alberta the 51st State

FUKK YOU!! ONTARIO & QUEBEC

Maybe Ottawa needs to come under Military Law until their courts sort out out how SNC is able to dictated Government policy rather than the Government dictating policy to foreign owned corporations. (which is what SNC was, the Quebec Govt only owned 20% of the stock. That would be the tip of a very big iceberg that would lead to London and Paris as having 'spies' working for them while pretending to be Canadians.

I could handle Alberta being ground zero for that kind of movement that saves Canada from herself. Sometimes the way forward is to refuse to budge from your current position/stance.