The Problem With Alberta and the East Coast

Hoof Hearted
+2
Alberta would vote blue if Charles Manson were the leader of the Conservatives, and the East Coast would vote Liberal if Jeffrey Dahmer were the leader for the Grits.

Ingrained generational voting.

The West is sick of carrying the mail, and the East still want their seasonal work and hand-outs.

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

Alberta would vote blue if Charles Manson were the leader of the Conservatives, and the East Coast would vote Liberal if Jeffrey Dahmer were the leader for the Grits.

The West is sick of carrying the mail, and the East still want their seasonal work and hand-outs.

Actually not true, if you look at this election as an example. NB voted red, blue and even green.

Quebec voted more Bloc.

Even Ontario went blue, red and orange.

Each election for the east is different.

But the West remains CONSISTENTLY blue.

In fact, for the past 20 years, it's been blue.

So no, you do not get to say that the East is somehow a bastion of Liberal certainty.

I honestly think we vote here for the person, not party and that's why each election is always so varied about who gets in.

Can't say the same for the West for the most part.

But we CAN say that yes, were Charlie Manson leader in the West, he'd likely be voted in if he was Conservative.

As for us in the east wanting hand outs... okay, we'll stop wanting hand outs when the West stops being whiny little bitches and stops screaming that Canada sucks and it's gonna leave after every damn election that they lose cause they can't put forward candidates that can resonate with the rest of Canada.

harrylee
Free Thinker
+3
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

As for us in the east wanting hand outs... okay, we'll stop wanting hand outs when the West stops being whiny little bitches and stops screaming that Canada sucks and it's gonna leave after every damn election that they lose cause they can't put forward candidates that can resonate with the rest of Canada.

Include Quebec and you have a point.

So, people in Canada resonate with a liar, groper, law breaker?......Well, I guess we do

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by harrylee View Post

So, people in Canada resonate with a liar, groper, law breaker?......Well, I guess we do

I think Canadians were looking for an alternative. The Conservatives just arenít one. When they dump the social conservative bullshit, they will be. Keep blaming the people instead of your own unpopular ideas and youíll be a perennial loser

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2

Actually not true, if you look at this election as an example. NB voted red, blue and even green.
Quebec voted more Bloc.
Even Ontario went blue, red and orange.
Each election for the east is different.
But the West remains CONSISTENTLY blue.
In fact, for the past 20 years, it's been blue.
So no, you do not get to say that the East is somehow a bastion of Liberal certainty.
I honestly think we vote here for the person, not party and that's why each election is always so varied about who gets in.
Can't say the same for the West for the most part.
But we CAN say that yes, were Charlie Manson leader in the West, he'd likely be voted in if he was Conservative.

The West supported a lot of dippers, Diefenbaker influence, until Preston Manning came along and concentrated the Western vision and voice towards Ottawa. If the Libs. would reach their hand out towards, or nominate a leader from the West there maybe a lot of support for them out here.

But to say 2/3 of the country is wrong about how they are being treated and should just go with it and shut up is plain silly
Last edited by Twin_Moose; Oct 25th, 2019 at 09:42 AM..

Hoid
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

The West supported a lot of dippers, Diefenbaker influence, until Preston Manning came along and concentrated the Western vision and voice towards Ottawa. If the Libs. would reach their hand out towards, or nominate a leader from the West there maybe a lot of support for them out here.

But to say 2/3 of the country is wrong about how they are being treated and should just go with it and shut up is plain silly

who is 2/3 of the country?

Alberta and sask?

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

who is 2/3 of the country?
Alberta and sask?

You go girl, denial is not only a river in the ME, but a tool for progressives to split a country.

Hoid
+1
math is hard

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

There's a Good chance that the next leader of the Conservative Party will be a Nova Scotian ... a top contender.

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

There's a Good chance that the next leader of the Conservative Party will be a Nova Scotian ... a top contender.

Actually a friend of mine said as much today.

I'd have to wait and see what his platform/policies were but if they were decent enough, I'd vote blue.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1

Actually a friend of mine said as much today.
I'd have to wait and see what his platform/policies were but if they were decent enough, I'd vote blue.

He's a bit closer to the center and there isn't a whiff of preachy Bible thumper about him. Canadians COULD elect a government led by him. Scheer has no scope for growth. He's scooped up all the conservative true believers already and there just aren't enough of them.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1

math is hard

I know it is hard to see the sea of Blue on the map, but don't let that stop you from trolling

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1

I know it is hard to see the sea of Blue on the map, but don't let that stop you from trolling

Unfortunately, the current version of the Conservatives has failed to become a national party. When the "Progressive" part was torn off, most hope of expanding beyond the West went down the drain. Might as well go back to calling it The Reform party. That's all that is left of it after the Westerners destroyed the Progressive Conservatives by splitting the vote for a generation.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Unfortunately, the current version of the Conservatives has failed to become a national party. When the "Progressive" part was torn off, most hope of expanding beyond the West went down the drain. Might as well go back to calling it The Reform party. That's all that is left of it after the Westerners destroyed the Progressive Conservatives by splitting the vote for a generation.

Yet it was Quebec liberals who supported Sheers leadership and bought the voting membership that put him on top .

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yet it was Quebec liberals who supported Sheers leadership and bought the voting membership that put him on top .

Weird, innit?

I guess that they really loathed Bernier.

Who doesn't?

Serryah
Free Thinker

Absolutely agree with this.

Serryah
Free Thinker

He's a bit closer to the center and there isn't a whiff of preachy Bible thumper about him. Canadians COULD elect a government led by him. Scheer has no scope for growth. He's scooped up all the conservative true believers already and there just aren't enough of them.

He MIGHT work, but I'm not sure he'd be charismatic enough for the rest of Canada; we'd have to see.

Twin_Moose
Conservative

Mulroney destroyed the PC party the reform party resurrected them

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1

Mulroney made the tough decisions that gave the ensuing government the means to balance the budget. I know you Trumpites hate making tough decisions and balanced budgets. That's why you're a stain on the Conservative party

Hoid
Mulroney had to decide what colour the bags of cash would be.

That was a toughie

petros
+2
Liberals went with brown paper bags.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1

No, the Reform Party and the Block Quebecois split the Conservative party into two unelectable pieces and neither of them had room for that big chunk of middle progressives that used to make and break Conservative governments. Harper attracted some of them back ... just barely and just for a time. Scheer didn't even try to reach them. There is nowhere for the Conservatives to go but down unless the old Reform Party cement heads are made to understand that they are the authors of their own demise.

Serryah
Free Thinker

No, the Reform Party and the Block Quebecois split the Conservative party into two unelectable pieces and neither of them had room for that big chunk of middle progressives that used to make and break Conservative governments. Harper attracted some of them back ... just barely and just for a time. Scheer didn't even try to reach them. There is nowhere for the Conservatives to go but down unless the old Reform Party cement heads are made to understand that they are the authors of their own demise.

Personally when I think of the blues, it's the old school Conservatives I think of - and wish would come back into power.

The new ones are wackadoodle.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Personally when I think of the blues, it's the old school Conservatives I think of - and wish would come back into power.
The new ones are wackadoodle.

The old ones were old fashioned Christians, raised to understand that they were commanded to care for their fellow man. They were also careful fiscal conservatives required balanced books. Defences were taken seriously but not over done.

We've been infected with pseudo-Republican Neocon wannabees.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+3

The old ones were old fashioned Christians, raised to understand that they were commanded to care for their fellow man. They were also careful fiscal conservatives required balanced books. Defences were taken seriously but not over done.

We've been infected with pseudo-Republican Neocon wannabees.

Thankfully none of these wannabees are Woke Fake-Feminist Hypocrites caught wearing blackface repeatedly or they'd never get elected by a progressive nation. Oh wait....

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Thankfully none of these wannabees are Woke Fake-Feminist Hypocrites caught wearing blackface repeatedly or they'd never get elected by a progressive nation. Oh wait....

Well, anyone named "Trudeau" ...

By the way, things like Mr. Dress up and Black Face are the direct result of putting an actor in place to front your party. He's no more in charge than Finnegan.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1

Well, anyone named "Trudeau" ...

By the way, things like Mr. Dress up and Black Face are the direct result of putting an actor in place to front your party. He's no more in charge than Finnegan.

I hear you and second the motion.

Yet not only was he elected once, but TWICE!! Say what you want about Western Canada, but you can't blame Trudeau on us:

Hoid
people are sick of the vilification of Trudeau

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+1

people are sick of the vilification of Trudeau

Are people? Which people? You've got somewhere between 4yrs or 6 months of this current term with him as your spokespeople before the next election is called so I'm guessing this won't be the last time you'll (is 'you'll' a gender neutral pronoun?) experience this. With the country this divided I'm also guessing people is about the 30% that voted for Justin even after the last four years? Most likely the people aren't the resurgent Bloc to the East of you or alienated Western Canada to the West of you...but a portion of the people generally surrounding you?